g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Memphis Depay | PSV confirm deal with Man Utd is agreed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FromTheBench

We just have Januzaj and Di Maria as wide players ahead of then Young, Valencia and maybe Lingard if he breaks in if we wanna play 4-3-3 and even both of them are probably better central. Certainly in Di Maria's case.

Could use a natural wide player and ball carrier like Depay and he doesn't necessarily have to be on Reus level already either.

Devil may care

If there is any truth to the Firmino rumour I wonder if our interest in Depay has cooled, or if LvG plans to sell Mata, Young and Valencia, move Di Maria back to midfield and add two new fast, creative wide men with a goal threat.

FromTheBench

If there is any truth to the Firmino rumour I wonder if our interest in Depay has cooled, or if LvG plans to sell Mata, Young and Valencia, move Di Maria back to midfield and add two new fast, creative wide men with a goal threat.
Firmino is pretty much more of a AM than a Wide player though.

Devil may care

Firmino is pretty much more of a AM than a Wide player though.
He can play effectively from wide though if we don't set up rigidly, if we played 3 behind the striker like Chelsea and Arsenal do and gave those 3 license to interchange.

hundred_trillion

We need players who are at their most comfortable out wide. Di Maria, Janu, Mata, Rooney et al are all more effective in the middle, so we don't have as much of a wide threat. Like Arsenal prior to Sanchez.

surf

One would be hard enough to find, let alone two.

Ekeke

We need players who are at their most comfortable out wide. Di Maria, Janu, Mata, Rooney et al are all more effective in the middle, so we don't have as much of a wide threat. Like Arsenal prior to Sanchez.
Another player who likes to go into central areas. Walcott is the one they miss

BW.k

We just have Januzaj and Di Maria as wide players ahead of then Young, Valencia and maybe Lingard if he breaks in if we wanna play 4-3-3 and even both of them are probably better central. Certainly in Di Maria's case.

Could use a natural wide player and ball carrier like Depay and he doesn't necessarily have to be on Reus level already either.
Depay certainly isn't a natural winger who'd dribble past his man and put in some good crosses. He's more like a wide forward than a winger. Most of the times he'll cut inside and try to pop up with the goals. He's very pacey but his dribbling isn't so special imo although he's a good passer and can put in a decent shift. He's best as a roaming wide forward imo.

Crashoutcassius

This would be a smart move, LVG has power to bring him inexpensively and he can give us an option on either wing. Honestly if someone said draxler or depay at this point I'd take depay. 18m, job done

Trizy

12 apps 10 goals 2 assists.. not bad for a 20 year old!

Trizy

He is carrying the team since last season, to be so young but already a leader is also something special. He hasnt had the 2nd syndrome too, mentally incredibly strong.
When he's not scoring how is his overall game? Does he go missing until he scores? Does he help defend? Does he try win back a ball he loses and if so does he lose it a lot? What's his crossing and passing like?

Sorry for all the questions, I just haven't watch him play a full match :D

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Anyone else thing Depay could end up being even better than Januzaj? I mean he probably already is.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
When he's not scoring how is his overall game? Does he go missing until he scores? Does he help defend? Does he try win back a ball he loses and if so does he lose it a lot? What's his crossing and passing like?

Sorry for all the questions, I just haven't watch him play a full match :D
He is always hard working and he defends properly, only he does have Ronaldo'esque matches, where he loses the ball often, doesnt give the right passes, hardly gets past players but yets scores, that's his main point of improvement. His attacking positioning is good, but he also misses plenty of chances, he could have had far more goals, PSV are the most attacking side in the Eredivisie. He has a very good cross, with both feet, when in form his passing is also above average, especially last season. In terms of style, he is really similar to Ronaldo.

Crashoutcassius

Seriously? Draxler looks like he's got the potential to be world class but I'm not sure Depay ever will be.
Yeah I mean we can see that Draxler has the higher potential which is why I said it, I just think Depay gives us what we need now and comes so much cheaper that I'd just prefer him now. Januzaj and Depay are different enough, Janu and Draxler might be a bit similar in that they both try to occupy inside space and play through balls. Depays pace and power, width gives us some balance

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Janu :lol:

Twice now I've seen it on this page.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Would love us to sign him. If Nani is out this year, he is our ideal replacement IMO.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Anyone else thing Depay could end up being even better than Januzaj? I mean he probably already is.

He is better than Januzaj currently and he will become a better player than januzaj in the future.

Januzaj seems to have just stopped in his development if we do get depay and Nani comes back in good form and we decide to keep him too then we should loan januzaj out to get regular game time.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
I watched PSV'S game in the Europa until it got abandoned. Scored a tap in after excellent work by Narsingh but aside from that he was average as he nearly always has been when I watch him.

Nothing with him screams of a United player aside from being Dutch. I'd rather bring back Nani and nurture Januzaj.

wiz4231

He is better than Januzaj currently and he will become a better player than januzaj in the future.

Januzaj seems to have just stopped in his development if we do get depay and Nani comes back in good form and we decide to keep him too then we should loan januzaj out to get regular game time.
As a winger Depay is better and always will be, as a #10 Januzaj will be a better player. There is no need to loan Januzaj out he will enough game time at utd/u21 to develop.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Agreed. We need to see how Januzaj performs as a regular starter. It will be good for his development.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
As a winger Depay is better and always will be, as a #10 Januzaj will be a better player. There is no need to loan Januzaj out he will enough game time at utd/u21 to develop.
I think we need to loan him out so he can progress his career if he plays regular in the U21's then he'll never reach his potential, he is above that level though so it's a little easy for him but he won't get much game time here in the first team so he definitely needs to be loaned to a team that can guarantee him regular playtime preferably in the premiership.

Agreed. We need to see how Januzaj performs as a regular starter. It will be good for his development.
Yes as I said to guy above send him on loan to a half decent team preferably in the Bpl that can guarantee him good minutes and we'll see if he develops.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
I think we need to loan him out so he can progress his career if he plays regular in the U21's then he'll never reach his potential, he is above that level though so it's a little easy for him but he won't get much game time here in the first team so he definitely needs to be loaned to a team that can guarantee him regular playtime preferably in the premiership.

Yes as I said to guy above send him on loan to a half decent team preferably in the Bpl that can guarantee him good minutes and we'll see if he develops.
We've yet to even sign Depay and you're already wanting to send him out on loan.

FromTheBench

Depay is the sort of player we need really. Ability to run with pace from wide area and goals would be a nice asset even though ofcourse he isn't fully developed yet.

Draxler is more occupy central space sort of player and less of a ball carrier.

Btw, pretty confident Januzaj would be burning the dutch league too if played in a good team regularly there.

Devil may care

I was hoping to record the PSV vs Feyenord game tonight to see him play but Sky have removed it from their schedule, was the game postponed again?

Devil may care

Yes it is, the Feyenoord couldnt go to Eindhoven today (due to security, train reasons etc) , and that's unfair so its postponed again.
I see, they should have just reimbursed the fans that couldn't get and played the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.