g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Memphis Depay | PSV confirm deal with Man Utd is agreed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hundred_trillion

possibly though if roonay and falcao had been fit we might have set out differently for the chelsea game anyway?
Possibly indeed, that's why I said we'll see if we set out that way against City and Arse. All I'm trying to say is if we want to play with wingers we need more useful options and Depay fits the bill!

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Possibly indeed, that's why I said we'll see if we set out that way against City and Arse. All I'm trying to say is if we want to play with wingers we need more useful options and Depay fits the bill!
yes - him and reus and draxler probably look like three of the best potentially available in europe who could play wide - if we are going to go down that route though di maria is of course a wide option as well - but more importantly if we decide to play with one striker then lets not spend £50m on falcao as we have rooney and rvp already

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Just fecking buy him already! 11 in 11 now I think. He can be our Babel! :drool:

ravi2

It doesn't matter who we buy first, we can buy them at the same time. We could probably get Depay and a CB for the price of Falcao too.
Agreed, perhaps instead of falcao we should have got benatia and depay.
Benetia alone would have us in the top 4 by now.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I'm probably alone on this and its probably crazy especially as I haven't watched that much of Memphis but I'd rather buy him than Falcao.
I generally agree with this. We need to be buying players who are on the verge of going to the next level as footballers. Not that Falcao isn't very good, but there is the injury problem and the fact that at 28 and coming off a major injury, we may never see him back at his best. I'd rather we bought players similar to Vidic, Evra, Robben, and Hazard just before they hit their stride.

Trizy

Seems he's doing what Hazard done at the age of 20 before moving to a big club, actually he's doing better scoring wise.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
If we can move Young, Valencia, and Ando out, and bring in Depay, i think that would be very good business.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Depay, much like a younger Ronaldo, seems to be the type of player who opposition defenses hate dealing with when he runs at them.

Stadjer

I'd imagine without PSG there wouldn't be a huge difference.
I think the main difference is the physical part. There are playing a lot of strong (African) players in France while there arent much physically strong players in the Eredivisie. I think it makes scoring in the ligue 1 harder compared to scoring in the Eredivisie.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I think the main difference is the physical part. There are playing a lot of strong (African) players in France while there arent much physically strong players in the Eredivisie. I think it makes scoring in the ligue 1 harder compared to scoring in the Eredivisie.
Very true, positionally, a lot of defenders are pretty poor in Ligue 1. A lot of them are just physical beasts, fast and strong, so it makes up for the lack of positional awareness. Yanga Mbiwa is prime example of that, came over here and was completely out of his depth. I can't really comment, but as far as the dutch stereotype goes, they generally seem more tactically aware.

Jerch

I want us to go for him in january tranfer window. We really need quality on the wing and we have to play Di Maria on the wing because we have noone other there even if Di Maria play much better in midfield.

JohnnyLaw

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
He played vs. Mexico this week, got subbed off and he was very poor. Which was a pity, because it was a very important match against a quality opponent who were desperate to get revenge for Robbens dive at the World Cup. And Holland really needed a win.

Performances like his vs. Mexico should really be taken into account before starting to whine how we desperately need to sign him. If we need a winger, he has to be on Reus's level, someone who doesn't need to adapt and is ready to help us win the league and Champions League. I don't think Memphis is up to that already.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He played vs. Mexico this week, got subbed off and he was very poor. Which was a pity, because it was a very important match against a quality opponent who were desperate to get revenge for Robbens dive at the World Cup. And Holland really needed a win.

Performances like his vs. Mexico should really be taken into account before starting to whine how we desperately need to sign him. If we need a winger, he has to be on Reus's level, someone who doesn't need to adapt and is ready to help us win the league and Champions League. I don't think Memphis is up to that already.
I fully agree tbh, we already have Januzaj so we should be looking for a more established player.

Devil may care

Agreed, but I feel he is a bit struggling. His tricks and antics work well in the Eredivisie but against stronger opponents (not that Latvia is the definition of a strong opponent mind you) he seems to struggle a bit. But then again, he is young and has a long way to go.
I thought today he had a couple of good runs with tight control but snatched at the finish, like he was trying too hard as what seemed like his place has gone to Affelay for now.

Pentagruel

I think Affelay has looked pretty solid in the Dutch team since his return, better then Depay. I don't think Depay is ready yet for a move to a big club.

Loublaze

ATLien
How so? They're one of the worst.
Well, I guess you'd know better being English and all. I don't see all the articles. I did read somewhere about the Express having a 24% accuracy or somewhere abouts when it comes to transfer articles. The Guardian topped the list with 34% of transfer stories coming to fruition. Thats from last season.

iBoss

i-ttack the space
Illuminati headquarters, chillin' with Jay Z.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Well, I guess you'd know better being English and all. I don't see all the articles. I did read somewhere about the Express having a 24% accuracy or somewhere abouts when it comes to transfer articles. The Guardian topped the list with 34% of transfer stories coming to fruition. Thats from last season.
Express are definitely the worst. If the percentage is that high then its only because they publish loads every day

Loublaze

ATLien

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Younger not as proven, not as good Nani for me. If we want that type of player, bring Nani back.

Status
Not open for further replies.