Memphis Depay | PSV confirm deal with Man Utd is agreed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Quality of the game wasn't great, and Feyenoord's midfield was horrific but he looks very good.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Quality of the game wasn't great, you right about that . But it was alot a fun to watch .
Oh yeah, great fun no doubt. But the midfield for Feyenoord was non-existent for the lasts 30 minutes. Still, he's clearly extremely technically gifted and has good physical attributes. He's a real talent, would love to see him at United. A real rough diamond that could be polished.

jb8521

A nice headed goal from him tonight and a few moments of real quality. He's been the best player on the pitch and its good to see him developing some of the weaker parts of his game

JohnnyLaw

We desperately need a player like him right now..Not necessarily him, but someone of his ilk.

jb8521

2nd goal for him now. Thats 16 goals and 6 assists in 20 games this season

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Ten goals in thirteen matches. That is impressive. 22 shots on target of a total of 69 is not. 37 off target, 4 on post and ten blocked. 37 of 69 shots from outside the box. Nani v2.0?

bucky

Ten goals in thirteen matches. That is impressive. 22 shots on target of a total of 69 is not. 37 off target, 4 on post and ten blocked. 37 of 69 shots from outside the box. Nani v2.0?
He's 20. I think he can be excused for his inconsistency in that regard.

Devil may care

It seems he's certain to leave PSV in the summer, it'll be interesting to see where he goes. I think in the PL us and Spurs are his most likely destinations, but I could also see him filling the Reus shaped hole at Dortmund.

HabeasC

He has also reached 40 league goals before Van Persie and Robben, although the Dutch league is not what it used to be.

Trizy

He has also reached 40 league goals before Van Persie and Robben, although the Dutch league is not what it used to be.
Different type players but for a LW he's gonna well surpass Hazard age 20 season.

20 goals and 16 assists.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Good to see no one is talking about his attitude anymore.

I think it was Holland vs. Mexico two months ago where he had a very poor game. Times like that he's not a player who keeps it simple and looks for an intelligent through ball, he was simply useless that night. But he made some very nice cameo's at the World Cup and man, for PSV Memphis is on fire this season.

Still I want Reus, or any other readymade player who is 100% ready to win the Champions League and dominate the EPL, and I think LouisVG wants that too, especially when you're paying a huge transfer fee. Depay must adapt to another league and living abroad, he's a beast but not physically fully grown yet, he's never had a really bad spell to make him more tough mentally.

Still I wouldn't mind it if we signed him, and with the form he's in this season and Van Gaal liking him at the World Cup it almost looks inevitable.

In what way? He's not as talented.
The numbers he posted were Hazard's stats in his last season at Lille I think.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
If he stays injury-free he'll get at least 20 league goals and around 4-6 goals in Europe (doubting that PSV will come very far), for a winger of that age, its just fantastic. There are hardly strikers of the age 20 who can speak of such stats.

Redo91

After watching a video of his performance at the weekend he seemed to be picking the ball up centrally quiet a bit. I always thought he was an out and out winger but does he play as more of a 10 for PSV?

Sammyjunn

After watching a video of his performance at the weekend he seemed to be picking the ball up centrally quiet a bit. I always thought he was an out and out winger but does he play as more of a 10 for PSV?
Bit of a free role, he can play as an out and out winger, but as the best man in the attack, the coach allows him to take initiative and play more centrally when needed.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If he gets the same assists and by the looks of it a lot more goals at the same age how can you say he's not as talented?.
Probably the game is about a lot more than goals and assists.

Redo91

Bit of a free role, he can play as an out and out winger, but as the best man in the attack, the coach allows him to take initiative and play more centrally when needed.
Similar to the role Hazard has at Chelsea then? He really seems to have stepped up this season. Can't imagine we will be able buy him for much less than £25 million he keeps this up. LVG might swing the balance in our favour if other clubs are interested.

amolbhatia50k

Indeed but goals win games not dribbling past 10 players, creating space for your team and shooting awfully at goal.
Yes because life is absolutely black and white. Obviously it's not possible to dribble past 2 and assist the assister. Great dribblers only beat players and selfishly smash shots into orbit. But if you want to keep simplifying the game and dumbing it down to "G+A", carry on.

wiz4231

I can understand people knocking him down because they want Reus but why not have both?
PL is a huge step up and no doubt he would to improve to be successful, utd can provide the right platform for him, mean while bringing in an already established Winger in Reus, Cuadrado etc would be beneficial right now.

wiz4231

Yes because life is absolutely black and white. Obviously it's not possible to dribble past 2 and assist the assister. Great dribblers only beat players and selfishly smash shots into orbit. But if you want to keep simplifying the game and dumbing it down to "G+A", carry on.
If that's they way you are going to argue your point, Ronaldo comes to mind and taking your view on thing we should not have bought him either.
For those questioning his attitude to the game you just need to look how he has physically developed over that last 2 years. He is showing the same signs like what we saw in a young Ronaldo, dedication to the game.

amolbhatia50k

If that's they way you are going to argue your point, Ronaldo comes to mind and taking your view on thing we should not have bought him either.
Did I say we shouldn't have bought Ronaldo or that we shouldn't buy delay?

Now, that's an odd way to argue a point.

Trizy

So Ronaldo is not as talented as Hazard either? Perhaps Bale to an extinct?

How can one player not be as talented as another if they're producing more end product on the field? Lets recap on I never said one was better than the other, I just said those brilliant stats at 21 by Hazard look like they'll be broken by Depay.

amolbhatia50k

So Ronaldo is not as talented as Hazard either?
How about we stick to what one has actually said?

How can one player not be as talented as another if they're producing more end product on the field?
The same way Paul Scholes can be better than Frank Lampard, or Ronaldhinio better than Henry.

Lets recap on I never said one was better than the other, I just said those brilliant stats at 21 by Hazard look like they'll be broken by Depay.
Let's also recap and go back to my initial point which was that a player can be better than another or isn't necessarily worse than another despite/due to less goals and assists. Not that a player with lesser statistics or better dribbling ability is definitely better than another who scores more.

Trizy

The same way Paul Scholes can be better than Frank Lampard, or Ronaldhinio better than Henry.

Scholes CM/Play Maker/ CAM vs Lampard CAM/Second Striker .. Ronaldinho CAM vs Henry Striker

Hazard LW vs Depay LW or both CAM

Not exactly the best way to back up your point.

amolbhatia50k

Scholes CM/Play Maker/ CAM vs Lampard CAM/Second Striker .. Ronaldinho CAM vs Henry Striker

Hazard LW vs Depay LW or both CAM

Not exactly the best way to back up your point.
You seem awfully concern with how others make their points when yours are so poorly formed.

So if this guy is a "CAM" is he more talented than Zidane/Ronaldhinio? I mean, how is it possible if he out scores one of them at the age of 20, right?

Heck , did Ronaldo put up such numbers at 20?

Sammyjunn

Similar to the role Hazard has at Chelsea then? He really seems to have stepped up this season. Can't imagine we will be able buy him for much less than £25 million he keeps this up. LVG might swing the balance in our favour if other clubs are interested.
Kinda, but its more similar to Ronaldo's role who is allowed to play more centrally at times. If you want to get a view of Depay, just think of Ronaldo, they are so similar that its scary. 25 million pounds will rather be a max, PSV cant resist such a bid.

Trizy

You seem awfully concern with how others make their points when yours are so poorly formed.

So if this guy is a "CAM" is he more talented than Zidane/Ronaldhinio? I mean, how is it possible if he out scores one of them at the age of 20, right?

Heck , did Ronaldo put up such numbers at 20?
Its easier to compare two attacking wingers than a comparing great midfielder like Zidane to a Pirlo. This is going no where and I doubt either of us have time to entertain it so we'll just agree to disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.