Memphis Depay (stays)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IRN-BRUno

Martial getting injured again shows we can't rely on him so we need someone else who can play CF. For just under £10m I don't think we can get anyone better at this stage of the window so I'd be okay with this.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Is he the budget forward we're going to get? We'll surely look to sort things out with Tony injured for the second time in the first 15 minutes of the season.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Martial getting injured again shows we can't rely on him so we need someone else who can play CF. For just under £10m I don't think we can get anyone better at this stage of the window so I'd be okay with this.
Injured again?! FOR FECKS SAKES!

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
With Martial injured and Ronaldo wanting out. Our foward line is in danger of being incredibly thin to the point we have the danger of going periods with no strikers (especially if Rashford gets injured)

So us looking at Depay makes sense

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Please sign him. We need someone up top who can provide similar qualities to Martial, he could do that.

Thoms

Supports
Ajax
You need numbers. You could do a lot worse than Depay, especially for this fee. I would take him.

OT_United

With Martial's injury record and Ronaldo going, Depay / Gakpo is a must. Depay on a 2 year deal is a smart move, give Gakpo another year to prove himself.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Memphis will be perfect for short-term solution for our CF position and like somebody said i think he can integrate good in ETH system, he will surprise most of you. Anyway we cannot rely on Martial cuz he is injured again for second time in a span of 20 days.
What's perfect about him? He's a fairweather player who struggles under pressure / pressing who has already once failed in this league. He isn't a target man and isn't particularly quick. Expect Martial to comfortably out perform him.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
About to find out whether this one has any legs. I would with serious doubts about Antony and Ronaldo.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
What's perfect about him? He's a fairweather player who struggles under pressure / pressing who has already once failed in this league. He isn't a target man and isn't particularly quick. Expect Martial to comfortably out perform him.
When fit, yes martial would be better. Seemingly he's never fit. So we need another hold up/link up striker. Memphis is miles better at that than anyone else we have or who we could realistically get.

Reyoji-Utd

Caftards always complain about buying any players but somehow cant help solve the issues of lacking players to help the team.

We have the problems now and the club have to solve it. Complaining and cant come up any name to help negate the problems wont do any good for the club.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
He's a 1/1 dud in the PL and at Manchester United.
You clearly just don't like him and can't look past how he was last time he was here. Players can adapt and he certainly has changed his game since he was here

poleglass red

Not a fan of this chap but at this stage of the transfer window he's not a bad pick up. We cannot rely on Martial. We will be 4 games in and he's featured as a sub in one of them.

Bestofthebest

Memphis has more chance of scoring than Martial if only because he will be on the pitch more often. Martial is the perfect example of a sick note player who staggers from one injury to the next. What a state our forward situation has become.

SirScholes

Martial hasn’t given us a consistent run of form in years and can’t stay fit so I doubt that

Telsim

No, thanks. Another reject. He has never been good enough. If he was for free, then maybe. Then again, maybe not. But for 10M? No.

Smores

Yup, pull the trigger and get him in. He’s a viable Martial backup.
Martial should be the backup though. Why have two strikers where neither are good enough to actually be a starting striker for a top club.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Martial should be the backup though. Why have two strikers where neither are good enough to actually be a starting striker for a top club.
We aren’t signing a top striker in the next week. Memphis will score goals and will work in ten Hags system better than Ronnie, if he’s even still here.
We’ve also seen you only get peak Martial if he’s the main guy. Backup Martial sulks and is largely useless. I say we indulge him one last time this year. He’s looked great so far when fit.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
You clearly just don't like him and can't look past how he was last time he was here. Players can adapt and he certainly has changed his game since he was here
I clearly don't rate him and can't look past the fact that he isn't very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.