Memphis Depay (stays)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crossy1686

career ending
On the other hand he is the 4th highest scorer for Holland, only 1 behind Kluivert and 3 behind Huntelaar. and I'm not saying he would be first choice but as back up to Sancho, Rashford and Martial
I don't think international football is all it's made out to be, and when you play friendlies and qualifiers against the likes of Luxembourg those stats really don't mean anything anymore. We also don't know what impression he made around the place when he was at United previously, he could have been a bit of a dick. We'd be in for him if he was well liked or thought highly of, I mean we tried to sign Raboit so we're desperate.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Utd will be a laughing stock if after everything this summer we end up with this complete utter waste of space. Useless crap.
I'd sign Memphis on a free over Antony for 100 million.

Don't sign Memphis though. He's ehh

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
His playing style. I don't think it's "easy" to look good in France. We just sent Martial there on loan and how did he turn out? Yeah he's no world beater but as a rotation/backup option he is much better than someone like Igahlo. He does pretty well for Netherlands as well.
We sent Martial out to Spain. But I don't think Depay looked that great in Spain, did he? Someone else pointed his stats are actually not great for one of the better teams in La Liga.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Doesn't require any of that to know he's better than half of the strikers in this league. He scored against City this week, can't be that bad.
Almiron also scored against City.

Shall we sign him too?

Your logic is highly flawed.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Almiron also scored against City.

Shall we sign him too?

Your logic is highly flawed.
He'd probably be better than half our attackers :lol:

my logic is fine, you're just refusing a perfectly good player because you have an odd dislike for him.

Give me 1 good reason why he wouldn't be good striker cover?

edcunited1878

He can't be as dumb and immature as he was when United first signed him, so that's a start. The loss of possession against Stoke when he tried heading a ball back to his own goal, at the edge of his own defensive area, was one of the most brainless and stupifying things I've ever seen.

SER19

His international record is fantastic, and delivers in big moments now. Certainly tempting on a free, but probably only a 2+1 contract and nothing outrageous. Some decent versatile depth

Red the Bear

Something less generic
His international record is fantastic, and delivers in big moments now. Certainly tempting on a free, but probably only a 2+1 contract and nothing outrageous. Some decent versatile depth
Lukaku has an even better international record, doesn't mean much.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Lukaku scored decent numbers for us, what’s your point?

Rolaholic

Utd will be a laughing stock if after everything this summer we end up with this complete utter waste of space. Useless crap.
Not sure where you live but we're very well already there mate and it's got feck all to do with Depay :lol:

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
He'd probably be better than half our attackers :lol:

my logic is fine, you're just refusing a perfectly good player because you have an odd dislike for him.

Give me 1 good reason why he wouldn't be good striker cover?
I have no dislike for the guy, I think he's a decent player.

But we have decent players already, we need better than decent if we are giving players a long contract on a high wage.

Would much rather us go for a younger option, rather than give a 28 year old a four year deal and get lumbered yet again.

Your logic is highly flawed as you appear to want a player because you like him rather than looking at the bigger picture.

SoulSurvivor

Supports
Ajax
8 more goals to go and he's the all-time topscorer of the Dutch National team.

Yes, he even scored more than Cruijff, v Nistelrooij and Bergkamp :lol:

Give him another chance.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
8 more goals to go and he's the all-time topscorer of the Dutch National team.

Yes, he even scored more than Cruijff, v Nistelrooij and Bergkamp :lol:

Give him another chance.
Proof defending has gone in the bin

Thats honestly a mental stat

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Yet you ignore his international record, his more than decent record for Lyon and Barca? Perhaps he's.... improved?
Some players thrive in a certain environment. He may have improved but clearly not enough for Barcelona to keep him. I think he's a bad fit for the PL and generally nothing great.

Cantonalegod

I'd take Depay for €10m.

He's a much better player than he was first time around for us, and I think his head has shrunk a bit too.

He would want to come and play, and we need committed players, not ones just coming for the money and an easy ride.

Loves United as well!

Jev

He'd be a no-brainer at €10 million. Good enough to start, versatile, not too old. Can't understand why anyone would be opposed.

Daniel_M7

He'd be a no-brainer at €10 million. Good enough to start, versatile, not too old. Can't understand why anyone would be opposed.
Juventus was supposed to be getting him for free since he was terminating his contract so why should we pay 10m?

Jev

Juventus was supposed to be getting him for free since he was terminating his contract so why should we pay 10m?
Who cares, honestly? It's €10 million. We were prepared to pay 90 for Antony. It's a coup either way.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Would be great business. Eriksen, Malacia, Memphis really strengthen the squad and it barely cost anything.

Schnappo

Can't complain too much at €10m but weren't Barcelona looking to terminate his contract?

OverratedOpinion

I really hope it goes ahead. He is a very decent and versatile forward and we are so light on senior attackers.

Tarrou

No, Antony would be a great additional.

Malacia always looked ace from the clips.

Martinez looks a quality footballer.

Erikson was a no brainer of a signing.

Casemeiro's fee is stupidly big but he's obviously a great player.

On the other hand, Memphis just isn't that good. Absolutely not what we need. Numbers for the sake of it.
Memphis is exactly what we need, a cheap squad option who can do a job

(as striker, not on the wing)

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Okay guys listen to me John Murtough masterclass incoming.

We are paying $10m for Depay
So Barca can pay De Jong wages with them.
Then we are paying $75m for De Jong.
And we are getting our boy ^^ :devil:
That wouldn’t be that far fetched you know

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Memphis is exactly what we need, a cheap squad option who can do a job

(as striker, not on the wing)
That's actually not what we need. We need a number 9 who can start. Its not like he gives us something new like the hold up play of a target man either.

Status
Not open for further replies.