MERGED: Rooney signs new contract!

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Is he worth the crazy money. Its relative. When you see the top players and what they are getting, he certainly is worth the money.

People forget he almost single handedly carried us to teh title last year. and he would have too if he had not got injured.

The lad is pure class. He was never the same after we played him against Bayern. And his personal problems added on to his loss of form.

Fergie would not have put everything on the line if he did not believe he is vital to us.

He'll be back.

Boss

Melodramatic, attention seeking space-attacker
I left you with enough memories to resurrect me wi
Is he worth the crazy money. Its relative. When you see the top players and what they are getting, he certainly is worth the money.

People forget he almost single handedly carried us to teh title last year. and he would have too if he had not got injured.

The lad is pure class. He was never the same after we played him against Bayern. And his personal problems added on to his loss of form.

Fergie would not have put everything on the line if he did not believe he is vital to us.

He'll be back.
So what about all those players providing him with tap ins? oh and there was alot of tap ins

Rooney earns more than even Lionel Messi, he's not worth 250 k whatsoever

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
So what about all those players providing him with tap ins? oh and there was alot of tap ins

I put a post about it on the previous page, last post before a new page got started. If Barcelona choose not to pay Messi more then that's their lookout.

Godfather

It doesn't matter though does it? his agent negotiates on his behalf, and hes managed to double his pay packet in a week, easy money for the cnut really.

Think hes acted disgracefully but however you look at it hes got exactly what he wanted from it all.
Well though I agree with what you said so far, I don't want to get into this wages thingy too much. Who knows how much he really gets and what was going on behind the curtains.

I'm still dissapointed about how he behaved, privatly as well as the way he treated the club.
It's up to him now to win back the fans and he bloody knows it.

Red Dreams

As I said it is relative what he is paid. You have to be there to tap it in. Messi is a different type of player. imo Rooney is the greatest British player in a generation. Fergie knows this.
He is the key to this last team Fergie is building.

Chabon

So, what's the scope on the various wage claims so far then? I've heard various guesses ("estimates" would be a complete lie) from the papers between 140,000 and 250,000, anyone seen higher or lower?

Godfather

The fact that Rooney plays for United earns the club revenue which in turn pays the wage bill, it's only economics, and welcome to the real world.
Says the one who thinks that a 250k a week wage is going to be paid by the revenue the club earns by playing Rooney.

That's bollox, welcome to the real world.

Red Dreams

Rooney stayed after Ferguson was given massive transfer budget - report

(GSM) - Wayne Rooney signed a new five-year contract with Manchester United only after being informed that Sir Alex Ferguson will be handed a transfer kitty of £100 million, according to ESPN.

Rooney had questioned the club's ambition while speaking out about his desire to leave Old Trafford before annoucing that a deal to extend his stay at the club was sensationally ironed out.

Rooney said: "I'm signing a new deal in the absolute belief that the management, coaching staff, board and owners are totally committed to making sure United maintains its proud winning history."

It is understood that Rooney was reassured that the Glazer family will be loosening their purse strings to back Ferguson with a formidable transfer budget despite the burden of loans which face the English club.

It is believed that Rooney took to the decision to commit his future after realizing that Chelsea would not offer him a superior contract to that he has at United, Barcelona do not currently have the kind of money that could tempt the England star, Real Madrid are not ready to delve into their pockets in January and Manchester City are an uninteresting choice for the player.

After penning the new deal, Rooney will be paid a basic wage of £150,000 per week, and the wages could reach £200,000 if he meets the level of performances set by his club.

Rooney stayed after Ferguson was given massive transfer budget - report - Soccerway

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...

Let's see how loyal Messi acts when City and Inter offer 200k per week or more.

Furthermore, there's no way in hell, or even Manchester, that Rooney is on anything north of 160k per week.

wr8_utd

:'(

Rooney's not even getting wages of 250k so the entire argument makes no sense.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
100m in transfer kitty for Fergie ehh.

That should keep the transfer spastics busy for a few years.

Godfather

I still think he'll go in the summer anyway. More hope than anything else.
Probably.
Let's wait and see, maybe he is able to get back into form, apologies for his behaviour and everything will be ok by then. (Well I hope so)

Who would buy him anyway? I thought about that a lot tbh and I really can't see a club, apart from Chelsea probably, bidding for him. City would, but I doubt he would go there.

MrMarcello

Yeah that's no doubt bang on Pogue.

In the States they usually talk about how much the player earns over a season don't they? for some reason that seems more bearable, no idea why though.
US sporting salaries are always listed as annual or per season and all leagues must make available to the press and public the overall compensation paid to all players. I don't know why European sports don't enforce this.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
I somehow doubt the Glazers coughed up money just because Rooney suddenly decided to leave.

DO you really think Fergie would stand for something like that.

Allforone

United could spend £85million on David De Gea, Phi
Nah not buying all the 'he'll be off in the summer' stuff myself, dont see us going to all the hassle of sitting him down with the owners, gill, fergie giving future assurances on the team as well as drawing up a brand spanking new 5 year deal and doubling his money if all it were about was insuring top value in 6 months time, why not just extend his current deal by 2 years say and save a lot of time energy and money, all to much for that i think.

Hes here for the foreseeable now, we'll have to get used to it all over again.

Scholesy

Rooney is not an angel. Questioning the club's ambition, I think this is wrong.

I have never really been sucked into the hype of Rooney. He needs to focus on getting himself into perfect condition and return in good form. I would like him to stop doing so many interviews as well.

Godfather

Nah not buying all the 'he'll be off in the summer' stuff myself, dont see us going to all the hassle of sitting him down with the owners, gill, fergie giving future assurances on the team as well as drawing up a brand spanking new 5 year deal and doubling his money if all it were about was insuring top value in 6 months time, why not just extend his current deal by 2 years say and save a lot of time energy and money, all to much for that i think.

Fact is though, we know feck all.
We don't even know whether Fergie gave him any assurances on the team, neither do we know whether he doubled his wages or the real reason why Rooney wanted to leave.

Rahul

Beckham gives his two-cents

David Beckham believes it was an "easy decision" for Wayne Rooney to commit his future to Manchester United.

Rooney looked to be on his way out of Old Trafford at the start of the week after he confirmed he wanted to leave and questioned the club's ambition to compete for silverware. But in a startling twist on Friday, it was announced that the striker had put his name to a new five-year deal.

Beckham knows all about leaving Old Trafford, as he headed for Real Madrid after a breakdown in his relationship with Sir Alex Ferguson, but the former England captain feels his situation was entirely different to the one Rooney found himself in.

"I am not surprised that he has stayed at Manchester United," Beckham said. "They are the biggest club in the world and have the best manager who will look after him at all times. It is an easy decision.

"It is great to see him stay. I am a huge admirer of Wayne's talents and it is great he is staying in Manchester.

"My situation was totally different. If I'd had the chance to stay at Manchester United, I would. I have always had a good relationship with the manager. Everyone has their ups and downs and everyone knew about that - it was just more publicised than anything else."

Beckham is working his way back to full fitness with LA Galaxy and he has not given up hope of playing for England again.

"Everyone knows how proud I am to play for my country," Beckham said. "I always have been and have been lucky enough to captain my country. There is no better feeling than stepping out in your country's jersey.

"The England fans for the majority of the time, especially the last few years, have been brilliant for me. They have been incredible and I have been lucky."

David Beckham unsurprised to see Wayne Rooney stay at United - Barclays Premier League - ESPN Soccernet

Rahul

100m in transfer kitty for Fergie ehh.

That should keep the transfer spastics busy for a few years.
Rios a transfer muppet and all

RT @Isea_carlos: @rioferdy5 ibrahim afellay for PSV is a greate player... United need them»»I seen him too, he has some #silks !

MrMarcello

Of course Beckham would have stayed... Ince, Ruud, Stam - they all would have if the situations were different. I thank Beckham for his time with the club but I refuse to buy into his words. He saw a commercial goldmine going to Real. It was about his brand from 2000 forward. Shame he couldn't have stuck to what made him famous, MUFC, versus his personal pursuits. I still blame his cnut wife and her media obsession.

Rahul

The standings for numbers of posts in this thread

User Name Posts
wr8_utd 328
R_Nick 154
fredthered 137
Bearded but no genius 134
Allforone 126
Crerand Legend 125
Hitchcocker 114
olesmyhero 110
Hectic 97
Bryan_Munich 93
EricaNo7 82
Rahul 80
Ole's_toe_poke 77
Lance Uppercut 76
amolbhatia100 74
TheMancRedDevil 70
Redlambs 67
Mockney 65

I come in at a respectable 80. Wr8_utd , on a mission to be heard i see :smirk: ?

Ekeke

How do you know any of that actually happened? Because they said so? Well thats a good way to "put it to bed" isnt it. Stops it distracting people. Doesnt mean its true. Just means they're singing from the same hymn sheet to avoid more spats and confusion in the press. It also paves the way for him to play for us again till the summer, which didnt look possible at one point. If he wasnt being paid more money it would look fishy and its a good incentive for him to sign the contract.

In a year's time we'll see whether he meant a word of what he said after signing the new contract. He may have, but you'd be a bit silly to trust him as far as you can throw him after the rubbish he's talked the past week and his revealing his true nature. He needs to earn the trust back and show he's here for the long run, because he's proven that his words cannot be trusted.

Godfather

How do you know any of that actually happened? Because they said so? Well thats a good way to "put it to bed" isnt it. Stops it distracting people. Doesnt mean its true. Just means they're singing from the same hymn sheet to avoid more spats and confusion in the press. It also paves the way for him to play for us again till the summer, which didnt look possible at one point. If he wasnt being paid more money it would look fishy and its a good incentive for him to sign the contract.

In a year's time we'll see whether he meant a word of what he said after signing the new contract. He may have, but you'd be a bit silly to trust him as far as you can throw him after the rubbish he's talked the past week and his revealing his true nature. He needs to earn the trust back and show he's here for the long run, because he's proven that his words cannot be trusted.
The second paragraph I agree with, the would look fishy part is a bit too far fetched I think.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Let's see how loyal Messi acts when City and Inter offer 200k per week or more.

Furthermore, there's no way in hell, or even Manchester, that Rooney is on anything north of 160k per week.
Messi wouldn't leave Barca for City (definitely not for 200k) - there's dignity and sponsor money to be considered.

Messi wouldn't leave Barca for Inter (not for money) - Barca will just increase his pay, as they have done for 4 of the last 5 years.

Red Dreams

Rooney is not an angel. Questioning the club's ambition, I think this is wrong.

I have never really been sucked into the hype of Rooney. He needs to focus on getting himself into perfect condition and return in good form. I would like him to stop doing so many interviews as well.
tbf I think he was questioning the owners ambition.

Spoony

The People's President
I didn't want to miss him .......:(

seriously, I am, yes, but don't tell me Ronnie is as bad as Rooney is, I'm not having that
ahhh that arbitrary line crossed by Rooney. Give over, Ronaldo wanted away for a couple of seasons and had be convinced by Fergie to stay for another season. Prior to the CL final vs Barca he told the world that he was staying at United yet he moved on in the summer. But you must've forgotten how he played it out through the media. He was vilified by United fans and rightly so. Viva Ronaldo was drowned out by Viva John Terry. But yeah, a few choice words and everyone's re written history.

They're both cnuts and that's a fact. But as I said earlier, the Rooney saga will be looked upon differently in a couple of years. Once he starts banging in the goals he'll be loved again. Such is the fickle nature of fans. Importantly Rooney is STILL at Old Trafford while Ronaldo plays for a different club. I'm not sure how one is better than the other quite frankly, even though fans will try to convince otherwise.

Ekeke

The second paragraph I agree with, the would look fishy part is a bit too far fetched I think.
If you were Wayne Rooney and you spent 2 months saying you dont want to sign a new deal and want to leave, it comes out in the press thanks to your own camp, you disrespect the team and the players and suggest the club are on a downward trend... And then 2 days later you sign a contract extension on the same wages and bonuses and so on.

Tell me how thats going to convince anyone at all that he's at the club for the long run and quiet down the speculation so the team can concentrate on trying to win the league?

Especially as during the public laundry airing, the manager has said that we were willing to make him the best paid player in the country?

So the player in question then signs for a couple more years on the same wages?

I think it would have been obvious to everyone then that he's off. The speculation continues.

Moultz

probably been mention but what are the chances of this just being a delay until the summer for the transfer stories to pop up again and all this was just a settlement between Rooney and United to make sure he doesnt leave for nothing and that we get the money he is rightly worth for him?

Brophs

The One and Only
If you were Wayne Rooney and you spent 2 months saying you dont want to sign a new deal and want to leave, it comes out in the press thanks to your own camp, you disrespect the team and the players and suggest the club are on a downward trend... And then 2 days later you sign a contract extension on the same wages and bonuses and so on.

Tell me how thats going to convince anyone at all that he's at the club for the long run and quiet down the speculation so the team can concentrate on trying to win the league?

Especially as during the public laundry airing, the manager has said that we were willing to make him the best paid player in the country?

So the player in question then signs for a couple more years on the same wages?

I think it would have been obvious to everyone then that he's off. The speculation continues.
It's not even remotely 'obvious'. It's open to speculation as we don't know enough as of yet.