MERGED: Rooney signs new contract!

Kinky Melinky

Wow. How fickle can United fans be. They believe the stories coming out of a bunch of rags rather then their own personal belief in players. You'd think after the Vidic debacle many would fecking learn. Its a non story designed to increase circulation for fecks sake. Not one article even comes close to mentioning a real quote.
Hopefully so

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Ahh so you do have an inability to read, how nice to know for the future.

Do you think doing this is in Rooney's character?

Do you think that all newspapers could write an article within an hour of one making this up?

Do you think we wouldn't have moved to rubbish these claims if they weren't true?
Why should we? We didn't bother to rubbish claims when every paper was running a story about Vidic going to Madrid, so why change our tone now, or more so, make a statement at a conference dedicated to Unicef. Gill effectively told the reporters to feck off because this was neither the time nor the place.

My source which seems to be a bit more reliable then what the press has, has told me that there is no issue at the club. The media are building a shit storm out of a tea cup.

mariachi-19

marchi-91 was one of the ones who was creaming in his Ronaldo duvet long after Ronaldo left. A player before club type.
So i'm in the wrong because I chose to not believe in the constant shit being sprouted by the same cnuts that said Vidic was leaving and Fergie was going to retired at the end of last season...... right.

phelans shorts

Why should we? We didn't bother to rubbish claims when every paper was running a story about Vidic going to Madrid, so why change our tone now, or more so, make a statement at a conference dedicated to Unicef. Gill effectively told the reporters to feck off because this was neither the time nor the place.
I agree it wasn't the time nor place, but Vidic spoke out against them several times, unlike this.

My source which seems to be a bit more reliable then what the press has, has told me that there is no issue at the club. The media are building a shit storm out of a tea cup.
ahh so Ken Dodd's dads dog has said so, how nice to know.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I agree it wasn't the time nor place, but Vidic spoke out against them several times, unlike this..
After a fair bit though wasn't it?
It hasn't been very long since this one broke out. It's just that it's Rooney so it's a bigger deal and seems longer than it is.

mariachi-19

Except the first press to run the story was the AP, followed within hours by blanket coverage - from the BBC and The Guardian to the usual tabloid rags.

If it was confined to the tabloids, I'd agree with you. But the universal coverage, the fact they're all running the same story - no real deviations, and the complete public silence from Rooney makes me think there's something in this.

Having faith in United players is lovely, but no one benefits from blind faith. In this case it would appear likely that Rooney either wants out, or is willing to risk leaving in an effort to push his wages as high as he can. Either way, that makes him a bit of a twat.
Point 1. Its Wayne Rooney the biggest player in English football. Believe it or not, non tabloid newspapers still get money for stories. The BBC make a fortune the same as the SUN and the likes from people visiting their websites. Also the BBC are yet to make bold claims unlike the rest of the newspapers, citing sources from the rags.

Point 2. Same story is a double edged sword. Its either the truth, or its a lie and because the story "WAYNE WANTS OUT" grabs headlines, they'll stick to it.

Point 3. Same as point 2. Why change a winning method. Theres nothing else that could grab headlines. Of course, you'll see shit like "Waynes 1 month blackout" and you really start to question the truthfulness behind these rumors.

mariachi-19

I agree it wasn't the time nor place, but Vidic spoke out against them several times, unlike this.
Vidic spoke out prior to the world cup, but nothing was said post it until it was released that he had signed a new deal....
That was weeks, and this has been 1 day. If you really want to know why I doubt this shit, its because if there was a rift and Rooney wanted out, he wouldn't be training....

And my source was right about Vidic so why should I not trust him.

Bearded but no genius

So i'm in the wrong because I chose to not believe in the constant shit being sprouted by the same cnuts that said Vidic was leaving and Fergie was going to retired at the end of last season...... right.

I didn't think Vidic was going, the situations are nowhere near comparable.

I don't know whether Rooney will, but there is certainly something to this story. You can hide away and cry, but that doesn't change the reality that something fairly major - either as an attempt to push along stalled negotiations, or as a demand to leave - has happened.

Just like with Ronaldo, who you pretended wouldn't go.

"Ferguson WILL retire" was not reported at the end of last year the way this is being reported.

I know it hurts when you're just a young boy and the big world confronts you, but you can't hide from it forever.

WAZZA-UP

Confirmed: Rooney Wants To Leave

BREAKING NEWS: From press conference

Ferguson says he has had a meeting with Rooney and the player wants away. Ferguson said he wanted Rooney to stay but respected his position. Ferguson says he never had an argument with him.

Ferguson adds he was disappointed when Rooney said his ankle wasn't injured, and maintains he needs a scan. Ferguson adds that his door is open because he's such a good player.

Ferguson says that we're as bemused as anyone, and that he didn't know he wanted to leave.

SecondFig

Point 1. Its Wayne Rooney the biggest player in English football. Believe it or not, non tabloid newspapers still get money for stories. The BBC make a fortune the same as the SUN and the likes from people visiting their websites. Also the BBC are yet to make bold claims unlike the rest of the newspapers, citing sources from the rags.

Point 2. Same story is a double edged sword. Its either the truth, or its a lie and because the story "WAYNE WANTS OUT" grabs headlines, they'll stick to it.

Point 3. Same as point 2. Why change a winning method. Theres nothing else that could grab headlines. Of course, you'll see shit like "Waynes 1 month blackout" and you really start to question the truthfulness behind these rumors.
Point 1- The BBC didn't just cite tabloid "sources" they said Rooney's PR people had contacted them, same as happened to journalists at the AP, Times, Guardian etc. etc.

Point 2- I meant there was no variations as to why Rooney wanted to leave, when he made this decision etc. All press singing from same hymn sheet is unusual.

Point 3- Given that SAF has just confirmed that Rooney's people have told the club he won't be signing a new contract, I think it's safe to say the media was correct.

By all means have faith in players, but just sticking your head in the sand and shouting ABU!ABU!ABU! doesn't get you anywhere

mariachi-19

I didn't think Vidic was going, the situations are nowhere near comparable.

I don't know whether Rooney will, but there is certainly something to this story. You can hide away and cry, but that doesn't change the reality that something fairly major - either as an attempt to push along stalled negotiations, or as a demand to leave - has happened.

Just like with Ronaldo, who you pretended wouldn't go.

"Ferguson WILL retire" was not reported at the end of last year the way this is being reported.

I know it hurts when you're just a young boy and the big world confronts you, but you can't hide from it forever.
If Rooney wants to leave then so be it. Its frustrating but its his choice.

Devilton

feck him. We shouldn't be shocked. He's fecked over everyone that stood by him.

Bearded but no genius

If it turns out its the truth then so be it. But I refuse to believe anything until the club makes a statement. The British print media are a bunch of savages and it doesn't matter who they are they'll print anything to gain circulation.
Still confident Marchi?

Alex Ferguson: "David Gill told me [Rooney's] agent wanted away. I couldn't believe it. It was a shock." #MUFC
He's an idiot if so.
It is a quote. Or is Alex Ferguson also a big fat liar?

Club>Player. Whether it is Ronaldo or Rooney or David May.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Ronaldo was a better player off and on the pitch.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
This is some sick joke! Has to be... :(

Well, feck him then, the cnut!

WAZZA-UP

This means he HAS to go in January or he laves for nothing!! Well done to the Glazers for their new money saving scheme of waiting for contracts to expire!! I only hope its not in the PL :(

Bearded but no genius

Fergie on the injury:

He pointed out the ankle injury from the Rangers game, and reminded people that Rooney even spoke about it himself on Sky.

He said that he did the Sunderland leave-out specifically so he could play for England after a break.

He's disappointed in Rooney because he knows "fully well" that Rooney had an injury that while it was "nothing serious" it was there.

"Another mystery" is that we've done nothing but help him, "in terms of his private life and in other matters"

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
The timing of this is bizarre. I'd be interested to see how often he plays between now and the end of the season/January.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
:(

Why the change of heart?
that's a question that needs to be asked expecially since we lost 3 of our best players in the past 1-2 yrs and we weren't able to attract any big name.

Hitchcocker

This is even worse than Ronaldo or Tevez. At least Ronaldo wanted to play for Madrid and Tevez wanted to start. What the feck does Rooney want?

Badge kissing twat!