MERGED: Rooney signs new contract!

Devilton

Fergie shouldn't need to defend himself against this man...

Who honestly believes anything Rooney says? The man has been disloyal to every club he's been at, and cheated on his own wife for fecks sake.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Let's not all be feeling "sick" or "hurt" or "numb" shall we? That's how you feel when your wife leaves you (I'd imagine), not when there's an impending change in personnel at United.

Bearded but no genius

that's a question that needs to be asked expecially since we lost 3 of our best players in the past 1-2 yrs and we weren't able to attract any big name.
If you persist in this agenda bullshit in turning this into your own personal transfer wank thread/board, then I'm going to ban you.

Start a new thread and leave it in there. This is a different topic.

Cina

Apparently he said he wanted to leave in the off-season.

fecking hell, this is shocking.

Sylar

Shouldnt be boo'd unless he goes City. If he wants out, it shouldnt take away the service hes given us. But I would like to know why all of sudden he wants to leave after being looked after by the club and his whole "I want to retire here" spiel

Sw33t

This is very bad news for anyone with wayne/wazza/roo/rooney/scousetwat or any such thing in there username.
I feel sorry for Wayne_Rooney. Especially since he wont be able to change it.

I'm really, really shocked about this. Like, woah. I thought he was about playing for the best club and was loving it here. As much as the press and that say its not about money, bet my arse it is

Blair

Fergie shouldn't need to defend himself against this man...

Who honestly believes anything Rooney says? The man has been disloyal to every club he's been at, and cheated on his own wife for fecks sake.
Exactly. He's scum.

Plus there's better stikers out there to be bought for less money than we'll sell Rooney for.

Devilton

This is even worse than Ronaldo or Tevez. At least Ronaldo wanted to play for Madrid and Tevez wanted to start. What the feck does Rooney want?

Badge kissing twat!
$$$

The greedy, whoremongerer thinks he should be the best paid player in the world.

Neo_Mufc

Ferguson keeps reiterating that they had no arguements, so what is it, the injury or the new deal that caused the storm?

Stretch

2.27pm Ferguson said he received the news that Rooney wanted to leave during the off season. "It was terribly disappointing that he wanted to leave. We just couldn't understand it."

The bolded part gets me. That means he's been wanting to leave for a while now and been playing like a spastic because he doesn't feel like being here.

solvista

Shawshank redemption
The timing of this is bizarre. I'd be interested to see how often he plays between now and the end of the season/January.
if I were effectively putting myself out on the market I'd be playing my bollix off forthe next couple of months. we'll see if wazza has that mentality or not once the injury is ceared up won't we.

wr8_utd

:'(
Other thread closed? This is disgraceful stuff from Rooney.

Fergie seems really hurt.

SAF: "We've done nothing but help him since he came to this club. #mufc is that kind of club. In March, he wanted a life contract"

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He betrayed his childhood team, he wont mind betraying us.

prateik

it'll be a problem if we dont get a lot for him
if we get a significant amount then i really dont care

the love for wayne came from the fact that most expected him to stay on forever . if that changes ,everything does
rvn , ronaldo were better players ..

just hope gill can get a good price for him

Sw33t

BenHibbs Ben Hibbs
SAF: "We've done nothing but help him since he came to this club. #mufc is that kind of club. In March, he wanted a life contract"

Why didn't we give him one then? ;p

wr8_utd

:'(
sir alex ferguson: "we've done nothing but help him at
this club. manchester united is that kind of club. we're as bemused as anyone can be"

Re #Rooney, I really wasn't expecting that level of "disclosure" from Ferguson. He doesn't normally go that far even after a player has left

muller

What pisses me off is that he was going to become a long term central part of our team.

With Sir Alex with not long till he upsettingly retires, and our slightly stingey attitude towards buying the biggest players - I dont know how strong a challenge we will put for the title in the next couple of years.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Never seen SAF so hurt, seriously he has protected the kid like a father, and he gets this in return.

beardsleybob

i dont understand why hes being so selfish. ferguson made him the player that he is, yet now hes choosing this time to want to leave. hes got 18 months left and now says he wants out. what chance have we of gettin higher than £30 million??

Cina

Get a stream of the conference asap if you can folks, I really want to see it now.