MERGED: Rooney signs new contract!

Devilton

He's betrayed more than just his childhood team hasn't he? I wouldn't be at all surprised if this is part of the deal with Coleen; that in order to keep his family he has to leave Utd!
what? where the hell are you getting this? Why are you taking the blame off him and placing it on his family. It's Rooney who is making the call...

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'm honestly speechless. I saw Rooney as one of those players who would end his career here, that it was all about the football. I feel sorry for Fergie a bit too, all he's done is protect him and try to help him and he gets this back. It's amazing how we all misjudged him, I suppose it was obvious when you think about it, left his boyhood club, cheated on his wife twice. Turns out he's actually an incredibly disloyal person. Part of me is angry and wants to call him every name under the sun, but the other part of me is still shocked, I loved watching him play and his attitude towards the game was what made him one of my favourite current players. I feel a bit lied to at the moment. If he ends up going to those shithouse pretenders City I genuinely feel like it would make me not want to watch football anymore. Gutted.

TonyMontana

Don't be a twat - it's a valid point. United lose Ronaldo and barley reinvest 1/4 of the money. One of Rooney's reasons for wanting out might well be that the Ronaldo money wasn't used to strengthen and in fact things got even worse when Tevez was allowed to leave.
thats bullshit

Sw33t

As long as its not for City, I really don't care.

He's ruining his career, can't see him being a massive hit in Italy or Spain. English players never really are.

Stupid, stupid move by him. Guess we've all found out how disloyal he is - imaging what Colleen felt like! Poor Colleen!

MacMUFC

DONT boo him for feck sake. Anyone that boos should feck off to Wembley.

Rednails

He's betrayed more than just his childhood team hasn't he? I wouldn't be at all surprised if this is part of the deal with Coleen; that in order to keep his family he has to leave Utd!
Well Coleen had better not show her face round here again.

wr8_utd

:'(
2.32pm Apparently Rooney was stretchered off in training today so Ferguson was telling the truth about his ankle injury.

MJLD

He can rightly feck off - this club gave him everything he needed; if he was too fecking thick to see that Fergie was trying to protect him then he can feck right off. Wouldn't put it past him to go to City now. It makes no sense at all, but he's made his bed and he can lie in it.

Devilton

Also, let's not lose sight of the fact that only Ferguson has spoken on this issue. There's two sides to every story. I wonder what Rooney's is.
Let me guess.

"I want money...and whores. In no particular order. Except whores first."

H10

Huseyin 10
How much can you sell a player for that has admitted he wants to go and is in the final season of his contract.. its not as though he's got a five year contract that some huge bid would have to be accepted to steal him away from the likes of Real or dare I say it CITY!! The only thing I can say is if it is PERSONAL issues off the pitch then it has to be out of the PL and up and leave where maybe the media will give him a break!!
He has 18months+, in the summer he will have 12months.

Brophs

The One and Only
It's going to get worse. Rooney will have to go on the offensive when he eventually speaks about this. He'll no doubt blame everyone and everything for him leaving.

Commadus

Another player who's head has been twisted by Money.

I suspect the issue was the length and size of the contract. Rooney was in a strong bargaining position coming off a sensational season and suspected he was asking for a very large amount that United were not willing to offer.

Add in off field issues its all collated into this.

Time everyone realised football is a business and stop getting attached to players.

kleberson_

As long as its not for City, I really don't care.

He's ruining his career, can't see him being a massive hit in Italy or Spain. English players never really are.

Stupid, stupid move by him. Guess we've all found out how disloyal he is - imaging what Colleen felt like! Poor Colleen!
I can't see him beeing massive in any other club than United really tbh. Our game suits him. In spain he would struggle with the high speed passing. In italy with the slow speed of the game and in any other prem side (that could affourd him) he would acctually struggle to get into the side regularly.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I really honestly didnt think Id care, but I feel like Ive been Kicked in the balls

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Wonder if he'll go on to kiss the badge at a third club.

I sincerely hope his career falls apart around him when he's gone.

United87

I think people should calm down slagging off Wayne Rooney, we all know that Ferguson can be childish and push people out when he wants to. Nobody knows the full story, as far as I'm concerned Rooney is still a United legend in the making.

Eugenius

I'm going to refrain from calling the guy a cnut as there is a chance that he's going to leave to save his marriage and family, which I could understand. There's pretty much feck all reason to leave for footballing reasons so otherwise he's a greedy shithead. If he goes to City then he's obviously a cnut.

To be honest, footballing wise, I am not that bothered about him leaving. He's pretty much has done feck all attacking wise this season and we haven't really struggled for goals, we've struggled at the other end, keeping goals out. Turning on muppet mode, if SAF was able to use the £35-40m we'd realistically get from him in January if we invested that in a quality central midfielder in the summer and got someone like Benzema in exchange for a bit less cash then I think our squad would be stronger overall than it is now.

Untied

Sky just played all interview. Commentator said SAF sounded a broken man. I know I was moved by SAFs demeanor, the thing That struck me was that SAF said all he asked of Wayne was he respected the traditions of this great club.

I'm so upset and I could murder Rooney and Stretford.
I don't think he sounded broken, I thought he dealt with it really well. He just sounded disappointed in Wayne.