MERGED: Rooney signs new contract!

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Fergie seems hurt, disappointed and ultimately betrayed by that fat scouse prick. Ronaldo was always going, everyone accepted that, but Rooney seems to have decided Utd are at fault for all his problems and he's better off elsewhere. No-one saw this coming.

He has no regard for the traditions of this club, no respect for the great players to have played for this club and no love for the fans who stuck by him whilst every fecking fan from all the other PL clubs blamed him for the WC debacle. He has acted like a complete prick and I hope karma bites him in the ass.

VP

He can feck off. Hopefully he ends up in that caravan, the fat scouse cnut.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed that striker Wayne Rooney wants to leave Manchester United.

The Old Trafford boss admitted he was "shocked" and "disappointed" to hear the news but said he had not fallen out with the England international.

"We are as bemused as anyone can be, we can't quite understand why he would want to leave," said Ferguson.

Ferguson said the "door is still open" for Rooney, 24, to remain at the club he joined from Everton in 2004.

Rooney's contract with the Premier League giants is due to end at the end of the 2011/12 season.

Manchester United are due to face Bursaspor in the Champions League on Wednesday but Rooney will not be involved after being stretchered off at the end of training on Tuesday.

I was dumbfounded... only months before he was saying he was at the greatest club in the world.

Sir Alex Ferguson

Rooney's future has been the subject of intense speculation over the last few days following reports that the England striker was not prepared to sign a new contract.

In an interview with MUTV filmed before he spoke to the media, Ferguson said Manchester United chief executive David Gill had told him about Rooney's decision not to sign a new deal back in the summer.

"I was in the office on 14 August and David phoned me to say he (Rooney) wasn't signing a contract," said Ferguson.

"I was dumbfounded. Only months before he was saying he was at the greatest club in the world.

"I asked to have a meeting with the boy. He reiterated what his agent said, that he wanted to go."
:(

wr8_utd

:'(
Brilliant by Fergie. Huge pressure on Rooney now. Its a recession and he's asking huge sums + #MUFC looked after him when off-field problems

F-Red

I doubt he's going to get a welcome reception next time he touches the ball at Old Trafford.

Expected to be fair, i bet he saw Tevez & Yaya Toure earning mega bucks and questioning why he wasn't doing so.

The more pressing issue for me is will we push him in January to get the money or is he going to hold out till the end of his contract?

I'd be surprised if we actually recoup any of the money we paid for him as well.

Supports
Barcelona
He's betrayed more than just his childhood team hasn't he? I wouldn't be at all surprised if this is part of the deal with Coleen; that in order to keep his family he has to leave Utd!
Why would she want him to leave?

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Wow this is the last I expected to hear from Fergie....:(

rebelred

You can take a man out of Liverpool but you can't take Liverpool out of the man.

cnut.

muller

Unless we get an offer from abroad, I say we spend the next 18 months ruining his career. Just set him up every training for Scholes' tackling practice. Inject the fecker with dr pepper, just for shits and giggles.

Then let him join City, and watch him fail on £160,000 a week. What a cock.

Devilton

He has 18months+, in the summer he will have 12months.
If we don't sell him this christmas he could buy his own contract out for as little as 10 million. Then watch this place erupt.

MacMUFC

Absolutely stunned would sum up my reaction, and I know you'll laugh at this, but I just have this gut feeling that he WILL stay at Man Utd...maybe its hope more than anything, but its just this weird feeling.

Whatever happens, the end result will be a happy ending for Man Utd and thats all that matters.

kietotheworld

Two sides to every story, let's not vilify Rooney and venerate Ferguson when we've only heard one side of it. It doesn't surprise me that a player of Rooney's ability doesn't want to commit himself to a long term contract with a club which is clearly declining. He's no real reason to have loyalty to United, certainly no more than he had to Everton, so it's not surprising that he wants to move to a team which actually wants to buy good players, and has a good chance of winning Europe.

Everybody always says 'Oh have faith in Ferguson, he is building another great side, it is another cycle', but what everyone seems to have missed is that Ferguson is 69 years old in 2 months time, and he has said categorically that he will not be the manager when he is 70 years old. Even if he does carry on after this season, he's not going on much longer, and the current side isn't close to greatness. I don't think this is due to money at all, it's due to a lack of ambition on the part of the club.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Bizarre interview. Had assumed the papers were talking at least 98% nonsense. Very candid.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Ill kick his arse on January even if we don't bring anyone.

Bearded but no genius

I think people should calm down slagging off Wayne Rooney, we all know that Ferguson can be childish and push people out when he wants to. Nobody knows the full story, as far as I'm concerned Rooney is still a United legend in the making.
Does anything in this story signify that this is happening here?

Devilton

Unless we get an offer from abroad, I say we spend the next 18 months ruining his career. Just set him up every training for Scholes' tackling practice. Inject the fecker with dr pepper, just for shits and giggles.

Then let him join City, and watch him fail on £160,000 a week. What a cock.
Didn't we say that about Tevez.

Looks like he's doing alright...reckon this scouse cnut will as well.

wr8_utd

:'(
BenHibbs Ball is in Wayne's court #mufc Incredibly emotional stuff from
Sir Alex. Never seen him like that before. Some say defeated, I say hurt

Rednails

I think people should calm down slagging off Wayne Rooney, we all know that Ferguson can be childish and push people out when he wants to. Nobody knows the full story, as far as I'm concerned Rooney is still a United legend in the making.
No way :nono:

MPTutd

This means he HAS to go in January or he laves for nothing!! Well done to the Glazers for their new money saving scheme of waiting for contracts to expire!! I only hope its not in the PL :(
In fairness to the Glazers they tried negotiating two years before the contract expires. Standard practice

noodlehair

"It's like..."
So hang on, that's it then?

His poor form is nothing to do with injuries, or needing to sort personal issues out...it's purely because he wanted out and is now throwing a massive public strop because he didn't get his way?

That's unbelievably retarded. He's outspazzed Ronaldo and Tevez and no one in his camp has even had the required braincells to not completely feck him over with the timing of it. Fergie's already played him in the CL...what's he going to do between now and next May...sulk around in the stands? What a spacker.

I hope we don't keep giving him playing time just so he can strop around in front of the world and potentially cost us games some more.

Sw33t

Yep. We have lost 3 of the best attacking players we have every had.

The Holly Trinity Mk2 all gone in less than 2 years.
Best three attacking player we've ever had? Please..

Ronaldo, yeah, the other two no imo.