MERGED: Rooney signs new contract!

fredthered

I want Peter Kenyon back
Yes, the debt is a hinderance to us but the cheek of Rooney to almost use that and the clubs so called "ambition" against us is almost vile.

4 words: A Cowards Way Out.
No doubt money has played a huge part in this.

However that statement is quite clear.

David Gill couldnt convince him.

What precisely did David Gill try to sell him, because if he's told him the funds are there then the blame lies flatly with Rooney.

However, we all know David Gill lies like a stone, and if he's had to finally admit there is no money then the blame should be directed at David Gill.

EricaNo7

This need quoting. In large text.

Rooney's treading new ground here. Loads of examples of players who fancied a move, whether for a better chance of a trophy, or a fatter contract (Torres and Fabregas spring to mind) but this is the first time any footballer has ever tried to publically bully the club/manager into giving him what he wants. I couldn't give a feck about whether there's any truth to his alleged reasons for wanting to leave (and there might well be) but the way he's going about it is setting a new low.

And he's doing all this immediately after spending the summer letting down his country and disgracing his family?

Absolutely despicable human being. Scum of the earth. I hope he's shown the door tomorrow. Don't give a feck whether we get any money for him or not. Not fit to wear the shirt.
mockney, this may come as a complete shock to you - but i agree completely with every part of this :)

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Now somewhere along the line, Rooney has sat with GIll, and what GIll has said to Rooney doesnt match what he's told Fergie, and more importantly, it doesnt match what he's told US.
:lol:

Come off it...

The Financial state of the club was evident all of last season, when G&G was at it's height...and when he was meeting with Gill then, he was saying he wanted to stay at the club for life....He's a badge kisser who wanted to emulate Giggs. Where does continuing to bring in the top players come into that? How didn't it matter then?

It doesn't, he's using mugs like you who are desperate to bring anything and everything back to Glazer to cover for his twatishness...He tried a bust up with the manager, Fergie called him on it, so now he's using this.

Well done. Hook, line, sinker.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Pretty much the case really. Theres not really any holes here, he wanted investment, didn't happen, he told them he wanted to leave, 2 YEARS before he could pull a Sol Campbell.

Players have treated their teams FAR worse over the years to join us for the exact same reasons pretty much, ESPECIALLY Berbatov.
Seriously you're a fecking idiot.

AVARiCE

I'm incredibly proud to be a United fan right now. I'm going to be honest, I was expecting to come to this thread and see everyone agreeing with Rooney. Rooney's right, no money left, we're on the way out, etc etc.

But, thank God, everyone's rallied to say we're better than that and he's just going for the money. I'm genuinely smiling because of this thread right now.

Well done guys :D

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He's 24 who has won every single trophy there's to be won in English football and the biggest accolade in the Europan football, and this club could well have new owners in a year or two and plenty of money for new signings. Besides our current squad isn't exactly bad - it was good enough to finish 2nd last season and we'd have probably got to a CL final had it not been for that Rafael's red against Bayern. It's a poor excuse for wanting a bigger pay-check somewhere else, or perhaps he simply enjoys cheating so much that he decided to cheat on his own club for fun. I don't buy into this, what he's saying makes no sense at all.

Baby Faced Assassin

Pastor of Muppets
"I was interested to hear what Sir Alex had to say yesterday and surprised by some of it. It is absolutely true that my agent and I have had meetings with the club about a new contract. During those meetings in August, I asked for assurances about the continued ability for the club to attract the top players in the world. I never had anything but complete respect for Manchester United. How could I have not have done given it's fantastic history and the past 6 years I've been a part of.

For me it's always about wining trophies which the club has always done under Sir Alex Ferguson. Because of that the questions I asked were justified. However, when i met with David Gill last week, he didn't give me any assurances I was seeking about the future squad. I then told him I wouldn't be signing a new contract.

Despite recent difficulties, I will always owe Sir Alex Ferguson a huge debt. He is a great manager and mentor who helped and supported from the day he signed me from Everton when i was 18. For Manchester United's sake I wish he could go on forever because he is a one-off and a genius."
Has hit the Achilles heel. The Glazers. Either Rooney leaves or the Glazers with their debt, I know what I want.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Load of shite, if that's the reason he has no reason to come out and say it in the middle of fecking October. Get out of our club you lying twat.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I find it quite amusing how the posters who are willing to buy this nonsense of a statement are also mainly the ones who always hangs around in the Transfer Forum, complaining about us not signing big names.

Muppets.
You just summed it up Top.

The Rooney camp has just made a Martyr out of Rooney because they know there is a million Green and Gold muppets that will lap this up.

The only way the Glazers will stop this rot and show Rooney for what he really is, is to sanction some major spending. However, I do believe that it is Ferguson that has wanted to spend his money wisely and wait for the right time and the right player. With Rooney moving his hand will surely be forced.

Crerand Legend

So as expected and some of us said yesterday, he is basically trying to fool fans back on his side. It shouldn't work, but unfortunately because of the leeches in charge and the feelings towards them, it will and already is.

He's trying to use us, don't let him. This is entirely about money, we'll see that when he rocks up at City.
Thats what the prick's at, let him rot in the reserves till January

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Does he really expect me to believe that Gill said we won't be signing anyone. You may disagree with Gill but he knows his PR stuff.

Rednails

Rooney's treading new ground here. Loads of examples of players who fancied a move, whether for a better chance of a trophy, or a fatter contract (Torres and Fabregas spring to mind) but this is the first time any footballer has ever tried to bully the club/manager into giving him what he wants with such a public display of dissent. Fergie can't ever pick him again after this. He's been astonishingly disrespectful to his manager and his team-mates. There's no way he can start another game.

I couldn't give a feck about whether there's any truth to his alleged reasons for wanting to leave (and there might well be) but the way he's going about it is setting a new low.

And he's doing all this immediately after spending the summer letting down his country and disgracing his family?

Absolutely despicable human being. Scum of the earth. I hope he's shown the door tomorrow. Don't give a feck whether we get any money for him or not. Not fit to wear the shirt.
Oooh - I have never heard you post so passionately before. I agree with you 100% though and here's another thought - why issue this statement 3 hours before an important match?

Donkey's Ears

And anyone who agrees with David Gill is a bigger fecking idiot.
What kind of an idiot are you?

First we had the row with Ferguson story leaked and now he says it's ambition. What else was he going to say?

And you're missing the bigger point. Does any of that mean he has to handle it like this?

He puts a statement like this - essentially saying nobody in the team is good enough for him - two hours before kick-off and you're saying he played a blinder?

Jesus.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Has hit the Achilles heel. The Glazers. Either Rooney leaves or the Glazers with their debt, I know what I want.
I seriously can't believe that people are so naive that they believe Rooney's reason for leaving is club's lack of ambition.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Who let you out of the asylum? People are either knowingly "buying" the crap Rooney's spouting just to get another one over on the Glazers or they're actually retarded, judging by some of the posts in this thread, you can't be sure which one it is. Though Fred definitely falls in the former's category.

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
At least when he leaves, it'll make our squad 90% better looking.

Lester Freamon

Aka Caveman

Rooney's treading new ground here. Loads of examples of players who fancied a move, whether for a better chance of a trophy, or a fatter contract (Torres and Fabregas spring to mind) but this is the first time any footballer has ever tried to publically bully the club/manager into giving him what he wants. I couldn't give a feck about whether there's any truth to his alleged reasons for wanting to leave (and there might well be) but the way he's going about it is setting a new low.

Bang on. Can't wait to see the back of him. The cheek, the unprecedented amount of arrogance and self-righteousness to pull something like this literally weeks after embarrasing the club with his off-field antics and YET AGAIN spending the summer on the piss looking very out of shape at the start of the season.

Talking about ambition, if Rooney had the amount of ambition he seeks from his employer he would have knocked the fags and the pints on the head years ago but he hasn't. Even the one time in his career when he should have put his head down and proven his doubters wrong he's pictured pissed up in the streets, fag in hand in the off-season. Ambition? feck off, please.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke

Rooney's treading new ground here. Loads of examples of players who fancied a move, whether for a better chance of a trophy, or a fatter contract (Torres and Fabregas spring to mind) but this is the first time any footballer has ever tried to bully the club/manager into giving him what he wants with such a public display of dissent. Fergie can't ever pick him again after this. He's been astonishingly disrespectful to his manager and his team-mates. There's no way he can start another game.

I couldn't give a feck about whether there's any truth to his alleged reasons for wanting to leave (and there might well be) but the way he's going about it is setting a new low.

This.

What in effect he has said is that the players I am playing with aren't good enough. There is no way he can play for us again.

But we have to have the arsehole moping around for the next two months..

Prick of the highest order. Can't believe I misjudged him so badly.

Hitchcocker

Does he really expect me to believe that Gill said we won't be signing anyone. You may disagree with Gill but he knows his PR stuff.
It's not just about signing players. It's about signing players for the then and now. I am disappointed with Rooney but you have to understand where he's coming from.

He doesn't want to waste the peak of his career helping the team rebuild but rather win trophies and he asked for two world class players and he got Bebe and Smalling instead.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Also, EVEN if it was true (which it isn't) ...Then how does it excuse him basically bailing on us when we need him?...After the last 4 years, and after finishing A POINT off last year?..If it was true, he's essentially saying "I'm bigger than the club"..What a prick

I honestly can't believe he's managed to get ANYONE on his side...The agendas reek. fecks sake.

MG

I don't think I have ever agreed with a post more.

Rooney can feck off today, right now. I don't want him back at this club, ever again. I don't care if he's the best player in the world (which he definitely isn't), I don't want him playing for any club I support.

I saw what he did to Fergie yesterday, which was unforgivable, now he's gone to a new low with this utterly pathetic statement.

Most despicable human being in football.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Even Souness saying Rooney will regret leaving Utd because it's a "special club" and has been for past 50 years. Yorkie agrees, but thinks there may be 1 more twist in the saga (I doubt it, it's all over imo)

fredthered

I want Peter Kenyon back
:lol:

Come off it...

The Financial state of the club was evident all of last season, when G&G was at it's height...and when he was meeting with Gill then, he was saying he wanted to stay at the club for life....He's a badge kisser who wanted to emulate Giggs. Where does continuing to bring in the top players come into that?

It doesn't, he's using mugs like you who are desperate to bring anything and everything back to Glazer to cover for his twatishness...

Well done.
And ROoney would be the first person that GIll would go to and say "sorry mate, we're kind of in the shit"

Perhaps Rooney trusted Gill when he said funds were available. After all, he wouldnt be the first gullible twat to hang on every word David Gill says would he.

Yes, Rooney is no doubt being a greedy fecker, but the very fact he's come out and openly named David Gill as the reason for him leaving suggests theres some truth in it.

If he'd come out and slated Fergie, then I'd have called him the biggest cnut going, but he hasnt. He's said exactly what many United fans have been thinking for a long while, only David Gill has tried telling us all that we're wrong.

Rooney could end up being the hero here, because he could be the one that forces Gill to come out and admit the truth as opposed to teh usual bollocks we know he's prone to spout off.