MERGED: Rooney signs new contract!

42 euros

Aka Giggs 11 times
OK something is going on. Possibly just contract negotations. Personally I think the way his croonies are playing this is piss poor. Comes down to trying to use the fans support to engineer a huge hike in his wages. How is this gonna help his cause? It's a long time till January. Anyone claiming it's the press need to answer why his camp haven't denied this story as soon as it came out. With all the other problems in his life trying this tactic is madness.

So, when the white Pele (haha) plays again how much stick will he get? Keane, Rio and Ronaldo have all walked this path and got varying degrees of abuse. I would compare this more with Ronnie and a lot of fans never forgave him during his last season with us. Personally I could never boo a United player but OT seems to be the home to a growing number of fickle fans.

I'm posting this now because unless/until he signs a new contract this story will just keep growing...

Feed Me

I'm hungry
OK something is going on. Possibly just contract negotations. Personally I think the way his croonies are playing this is piss poor. Comes down to trying to use the fans support to engineer a huge hike in his wages. How is this gonna help his cause? It's a long time till January. Anyone claiming it's the press need to answer why his camp haven't denied this story as soon as it came out. With all the other problems in his life trying this tactic is madness.

So, when the white Pele (haha) plays again how much stick will he get? Keane, Rio and Ronaldo have all walked this path and got varying degrees of abuse. I would compare this more with Ronnie and a lot of fans never forgave him during his last season with us. Personally I could never boo a United player but OT seems to be the home to a growing number of fickle fans.

I'm posting this now because unless/until he signs a new contract this story will just keep growing...
I will be at the Spurs game. Dunno how I feel at the moment.

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
Today's press conference will answer this and many questions, I feel.

42 euros

Aka Giggs 11 times
Today's press conference will answer this and many questions, I feel.
I'm sorry but I don't see how todays meeting will resolve anything unless they wheel in Gill for a stunning contract signing. Fergie will probaly try and brush it aside until his patience snaps and then he'll refuse to answer any further Rooney questions.

Cina

I'd like to think it'll be like Ronaldo got after the 06 World Cup, but I don't think it will.

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
I'm sorry but I don't see how todays meeting will resolve anything unless they wheel in Gill for a stunning contract signing. Fergie will probaly try and brush it aside until his patience snaps and then he'll refuse to answer any further Rooney questions.
You're going to holding your breath for a long time.
Not really.

1. If Fergie dodges questions or doesn't shed any further light, then Rooney gets a bad reaction.

or

2. If Fergie becomes the first individual since this media shit storm kicked off to give an actual quote (in 3 days and god knows how many publications, nobody has provided one yet, least of all the main men involved) and it remains a positive one from a United perspective, people might just see what the papers are trying to do to us. Again. And his reaction will be fine.

That's how the PC will answer a few things. At the moment there's 1,000 pages on here discussing tabloid stories.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Wow. How fickle can United fans be. They believe the stories coming out of a bunch of rags rather then their own personal belief in players. You'd think after the Vidic debacle many would fecking learn. Its a non story designed to increase circulation for fecks sake. Not one article even comes close to mentioning a real quote.

phelans shorts

Wow. How fickle can United fans be. They believe the stories coming out of a bunch of rags rather then their own personal belief in players. You'd think after the Vidic debacle many would fecking learn. Its a non story designed to increase circulation for fecks sake. Not one article even comes close to mentioning a real quote.
Or mavbe were not showing blind faith in a character who I clearly a bit of a cnut.

Man-United

Seriously, why boo him or give him stick? He's playing for United and he should have the support just as much as everyone else who's involved tomorrow.

How can booing a player in any way help United? It won't help Rooney to sign a new deal if he thinks everyone now suddenly hates him..

Mannheim Red

I'd say that's the overriding feeling. We're being fecked around for no apparent reason - other than his greed, that is.
I think greed has something to do with it....but not neccassarily Rooneys. His Agent is a big buddy of Brian Matwood whose something to do with City nowadays. I think its possible that some underhanded trick is being played to unsettle the scouse one. Speculative I know but stranger things have happened. There could be some substance to the fact that Rooneys suffering the same problem that Eric had a few years back...maybe he looks around the changing room and thinks United are not buying the right quality of player....who knows, but as long as hes with us we should give hime all the support he needs....we ll all be sorry if he goes

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo-urns

phelans shorts

wow. You'd think after the all bullshit the rags have posted about United you'd know better but it seems not. Even though most reports coming out of United is that there is no issue....
This falls right in line with his character making this entirely believable, add in to that how every paper started running with it at the same time and you think all of this is just coincidence?

You need to open your eyes to the world.

Red_Aaron

i doubt his reception will we overly negative or overly positive and this will be more down to his poor form than anything else

i'd be surprised and dissappointed if the match goers were buying into all this media bollocks

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
This falls right in line with his character making this entirely believable, add in to that how every paper started running with it at the same time and you think all of this is just coincidence?

You need to open your eyes to the world.
My god... They're tabloid newspapers ffs. As soon as one posts the story the rest of them tag along. Rooney is the biggest most important player in England so naturally the story will gain attention whether there is an ounce of truth or not. It sells papers so they'll use as much bullshit as they can muster to sell. Its not rocket science. Maybe its you that needs to open to your eyes to the world because it seems after the last 20 years of this shit you still haven't learnt

phelans shorts

My god... They're tabloid newspapers ffs. As soon as one posts the story the rest of them tag along. Rooney is the biggest most important player in England so naturally the story will gain attention whether there is an ounce of truth or not. It sells papers so they'll use as much bullshit as they can muster to sell. Its not rocket science. Maybe its you that needs to open to your eyes to the world because it seems after the last 20 years of this shit you still haven't learnt
Ahh so you do have an inability to read, how nice to know for the future.

Do you think doing this is in Rooney's character?

Do you think that all newspapers could write an article within an hour of one making this up?

Do you think we wouldn't have moved to rubbish these claims if they weren't true?

eric le roi

My god... They're tabloid newspapers ffs.
The BBC and the Telegraph are not tabloids.

There is something going on. Whether it's Fergie has had enough or Rooney's had enough or is making outrageous contract demands despite his form being atrocious and behaving like Michael Carrol, something is going on.

If there wasn't, we'd have heard statements from Rooney and/or Fergie and/or MUFC. So far, nothing.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
Mixed.

You'll have the usual stupid "Rooneh, Rooneh" chant by those who want to show their support, but there'll also be some abuse directed at him.

SecondFig

Except the first press to run the story was the AP, followed within hours by blanket coverage - from the BBC and The Guardian to the usual tabloid rags.

If it was confined to the tabloids, I'd agree with you. But the universal coverage, the fact they're all running the same story - no real deviations, and the complete public silence from Rooney makes me think there's something in this.

Having faith in United players is lovely, but no one benefits from blind faith. In this case it would appear likely that Rooney either wants out, or is willing to risk leaving in an effort to push his wages as high as he can. Either way, that makes him a bit of a twat.

Bearded but no genius

marchi-91 was one of the ones who was creaming in his Ronaldo duvet long after Ronaldo left. A player before club type.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Clearly he'll get a great reception. Don't see why he shouldn't.

Has there actually been anything that the media has reported that has any basis? He once said that he's been fit all along, and that's it, right?

Ixion

Ronaldo got some boos on his comeback game against Villarreal when he'd tried to leave over the previous summer so it wouldn't reaslly be a surprise if Rooney gets the same.

Berlinknives

Ronaldo got some boos on his comeback game against Villarreal when he'd tried to leave over the previous summer so it wouldn't reaslly be a surprise if Rooney gets the same.
It wouldn't have to do in some small part with Ronaldo's winning penalty against England, by any chance?