MERGED: Rooney signs new contract!

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Why is this making people "feel like crying"? Rooney doesn't owe anyone anything. If he has half a brain, he'd look after himself and his family first, and that means money. I'd do the same; I'd leave a company two times over if another one offers me a substantially better offer. And so will all of you, including the Hardcore Reds. Unless you're naive and believe in loyalty. This is a business, people come and go all the time. He'll leave, someone else will come along, so hang tight. And if his reasons for leaving are other than money, then they are probably related to keeping his family together, and in that case I'd still do what he's doing. Stop being so selfish.
Aww, poor ickle Rooney needs to look after himself and his family by moving to Man City. Does he bollocks? No wonder he wanted to sign a contract for life in March.

If it's about keeping his family together, I'm fairly certain that Man Utd, or at least Fergie would have handled this entire episode much much better.

The_Red_Hope

"He probably wants to leave for some reasons, but I believe he belongs to Man Utd, he belongs to Man Utd fans, he belongs to Old Trafford.

"I believe he is going to stay

"But if at the end of day Man Utd decides that he is to leave, give me a call."

Asked if he would be interesting in taking Rooney to the Spanish capital, a laughing Mourinho said: "Everybody would be interested, but again I don't think so.

"I think and I wish because I like him, I like Sir Alex, I like Man Utd I believe the best thing for him is to stay there for life.

Asked if he was excited at the prospect of teaming Rooney up with Cristiano Ronaldo again, Mourinho remarked: "Yes, but he will stay at Old Trafford for sure."

Nice words from a extraordinary manager I would say. And I completely agree with him, United IS and will ALWAYS be the perfect match for Rooney.

Thought that was a brilliant touch from Mourinho. He's growing on me with all the United-love in of late.

The_Red_Hope

couldn't agree more.

actually i hate him even more for the sight of Fergie looking so disconsolate yesterday
He looked as gobsmacked as any of us yesterday. Could really tell that he just didn't see this one coming at all. Made me feel :( for Fergie. When he said, "The one thing I said to him was 'respect this club', I don't want any nonsense from you." That literally gave me goosebumps, yuou could see how emotional and how much he meant that line. Long live SAF and long may his reign continue.

United87

he wants to leave - so he's definitely a c**t in my eyes - to hell with the six years - he was paid for it!
So was Giggs and Scholes and even Sir Alex when you put it like that,the only difference is they didn't face a PR offensive, you must have kids who act stupidly and do immature stuff but still deep down are good lads, as a mother you must empathise in some way.

VoetbalWizard

He looked as gobsmacked as any of us yesterday. Could really tell that he just didn't see this one coming at all. Made me feel :( for Fergie. When he said, "The one thing I said to him was 'respect this club', I don't want any nonsense from you." That literally gave me goosebumps, yuou could see how emotional and how much he meant that line. Long live SAF and long may his reign continue.
I can imagine fergie said the same line to ronaldo when ronaldo told him that he wanted out after moscow.

Difference is ronnie is a legend and responded with utmost professionalism.

Fergie figured that he could get one more season out of rooney like he did with ronaldo, but it was his mistake in trusting a fat scouser to be honorable. It's not in their genes or upbringing.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
I love Wayne Rooney, he's only a kid. 6 years he gave to us , 6 years of blood sweat and tears, 100% commitment, has everyone forgotten that? One savvy press conference and he's a cnut for life.
5 years of being second best and when he finally shows himself to be the lead man, he fecks off. Just like his Champions league final appearances. No bottle what so ever. How about he grows the feck up, starts acting like a man, signs Gills fecking contract and regains the respect of United and the people that have stuck by him, rather then fecking off after a bit of money.

I wouldn't hazard a guess to say that the cnut Stretford is involved in all of this. You'd think after getting banned for 18 months Rooney would sack him.

Part of me hopes that the Paul Scholes tackle yesterday was one of aggression.

Moriarty

5 years of being second best and when he finally shows himself to be the lead man, he fecks off. Just like his Champions league final appearances. No bottle what so ever. How about he grows the feck up, starts acting like a man, signs Gills fecking contract and regains the respect of United and the people that have stuck by him, rather then fecking off after a bit of money.

I wouldn't hazard a guess to say that the cnut Stretford is involved in all of this. You'd think after getting banned for 18 months Rooney would sack him.

Part of me hopes that the Paul Scholes tackle yesterday was one of aggression.
Sorry if I'm lagging behind but I didn't know it was Scholes who put Rooney on the deck. I can't imagine that the Ginger Prince, along with others of the old guard, will take too kindly to the way that Rooney's treated the club.

United87

Again I'm repeating myself but someone one said 'you stop maturing once you get famous' and hes been famous since he was 16, At least wait til all the details are known before calling him a cnut, doesn't he at least deserve that after all the great service?

VoetbalWizard

Again I'm repeating myself but someone one said 'you stop maturing once you get famous' and hes been famous since he was 16, At least wait til all the details are known before calling him a cnut, doesn't he at least deserve that after all the great service?
giggs has been famous since he was 17. signed the first million quid boot deal in britain. Was on the covers of mags. Lads and lasses loved him.

He turned out ok. Difference was he wasn't a scouse mongrel.

zub2007

Wayne Rooney you had the chance to be one of the greats of man utd and now you come out and do this. Ronaldo wanted to leave but his attitude and on field performances never dropped, whilst Rooney it just looks like he has thrown his toys out the pram. I really want to know why you want to leave.

giggsyflying

Football is not life. It is more than life.
don't be too harsh? DON'T BE TOO HARSH?
the little shit deserves everything he's going to get,

if it's all about money ( as I suspect it is ) I can't understand him. Doesn't he have enough already?
just think about this, will u welcome him if he is considering joining us, rather than leaving us?
btw, he may have enough money but it is crazy money

United87

giggs has been famous since he was 17. signed the first million quid boot deal in britain. Was on the covers of mags. Lads and lasses loved him.

He turned out ok. Difference was he wasn't a scouse mongrel.
A scouse mongrel you loved just last week.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I can imagine fergie said the same line to ronaldo when ronaldo told him that he wanted out after moscow.

Difference is ronnie is a legend and responded with utmost professionalism.

Fergie figured that he could get one more season out of rooney like he did with ronaldo, but it was his mistake in trusting a fat scouser to be honorable. It's not in their genes or upbringing.
feck me. How many times are you going to make the exact same point?

Seeing as you've been denied the opportunity to carry on your tedious campaign of hate against "the bulgarian", have you decided to make this season's campaign "fat scouse cnut vs ronnie the absolute legend"? Onl it's getting very fecking old very fecking quickly.

United87

Wayne Rooney you had the chance to be one of the greats of man utd and now you come out and do this. Ronaldo wanted to leave but his attitude and on field performances never dropped, whilst Rooney it just looks like he has thrown his toys out the pram. I really want to know why you want to leave.
What!? Ronaldo started acting like a spoilt petulant kid for 90% of his last season with us! I must be living on a different planet.

Doevle

Because he's the cnut United needs, but not the one it deserves right now...and so we'll boo him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a stupid wanker, an unfaithful husband...a complete twat.

Apparently.

It's not actually too clear that it's a parody on The Dark Knight comment someone made about Rafa last week...ah well.
Dark Knight reference, I like it.

Jinn

The manner in which Wayne has decided to leave the club is quite astonishing IMO.
He has 18 months left on his contract, so that means if we don't sell by January, he can buy out his contract for a mere 5 million pounds. This has put enormous amounts of pressure on Utd as a business and a football club. At least, when Ronaldo left, he gave us ample ammunition for us to sell him at a world record fee. He didn't just run down his contract and then put a gun to our heads and say he wants to leave.
Rooney hasn't even provided a proper reason for why he wants to leave. We all knew Ronaldo wanted to join his boyhood club, and while that was painfull at the time, deep down, if we were honest with ourselves, we could understand his reasons.
I just think Rooney has disrespected everyone in the way he has gone about this.
So, the quicker we get rid of him, the better for the club.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Mark Hughes was famously awarded with the title 'Triple Ledge(nd)' by his teammates that he played with.

Along the same lines, I think Redcafe should anoint our Wayne as the the first "triple cnut" in our history.

Im taken aback by these developments - astonishing - never saw it coming at all. Just goes to show how little we know and how stupid we are to entrust these wankers with our dreams and hopes.

mariachi-19

What!? Ronaldo started acting like a spoilt petulant kid for 90% of his last season with us! I must be living on a different planet.
What exactly did Ronaldo do different from his last season to what we see at Madrid now? He still strops, but he always has. But he never stopped trying. He didn't just give up because he didn't get his own way. He kept fecking hammering in goals and acting like a model professional away from the pitch.

^Red Devil^

:keano:
Don't care if he goes to two faced bastard. At leased we knew what ronaldo was about all along.

Time for chico and kiko to have a good run in the side with berba, oh yea and mowen.

Kelvin

You've no respect! Sir Alex Ferguson blasts Wayne Rooney's attitude

Sir Alex Ferguson last night accused Wayne Rooney of showing Manchester United a lack of respect but then vowed to do everything he can to keep him at Old Trafford.

United manager Ferguson delivered a raw and emotional summary of Rooney's decision to turn down a new contract during a remarkable press conference.

The Scot poured cold water on the theory that the striker had asked to leave after falling out with his manager over a supposed ankle injury, revealing that Old Trafford chief executive David Gill told him of a complete breakdown in contract negotiations in mid-August.

Rooney, who was carried off the training ground yesterday after sustaining an ankle injury, is still wanted by Ferguson, but the United boss made it clear that he feels the 24-year-old has let him down.

He said: 'I asked to have a meeting with the boy and he reiterated what his agent had said - that he wanted to go.

'I said to him, "Just remember one thing - respect this club. I don't want any nonsense from you, just respect the club". I don't know if he's done that.'

Ferguson declared himself 'bemused' and 'dumbfounded' by developments yesterday and suggested United had offered to make Rooney the highest paid player in the country

That is open to question, given that Yaya Toure earns in excess of £200,000 a week at Manchester City.

However, what became clear yesterday is that the striker's decision predates him suffering an ankle injury against Rangers on September 14 and - just as significantly - came well before revelations over his private life that emerged on September 5.

As revealed by Sportsmail yesterday, Rooney wants to leave because he feels United have not behaved like a big club in terms of the contract offer made to him or their pursuit of new players.

He will miss tonight's Champions League game against Bursaspor and his latest ankle injury was understood to have been caused by a Paul Scholes tackle.

Last night Ferguson added: 'David Gill was shocked, I was shocked. David was prepared to offer the best terms offered to any player in this country.

'But there has been no falling out. There has been no argument, but we have got to a stage now where I feel that we still have to keep the door open for him because he is such a good player.'

If Rooney is sold, his former club Everton will receive 25 per cent of any fee above the £25m United paid for him.

Chelsea, Manchester City and Real Madrid are likely to fight it out to sign the England star but Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp also expressed an interest, albeit tongue-in-cheek.

Redknapp said: 'I am going to speak to my chairman and see if we can get Rooney to Tottenham - but I doubt very much whether that will happen.

'Rooney will be a free agent, what an amazing situation to be in, somebody who's worth £50m- £60m would be a free agent. He won't find a better club than Manchester United to play for, they are a fantastic club. And he's got a great manager to work with, I don't know what's gone on but it's a shame if it ends that way.'

Read more: Sir Alex Ferguson blasts Wayne Rooney's attitude | Mail Online

mariachi-19

Sir Alex Ferguson last night accused Wayne Rooney of showing Manchester United a lack of respect but then vowed to do everything he can to keep him at Old Trafford.

United manager Ferguson delivered a raw and emotional summary of Rooney's decision to turn down a new contract during a remarkable press conference.

The Scot poured cold water on the theory that the striker had asked to leave after falling out with his manager over a supposed ankle injury, revealing that Old Trafford chief executive David Gill told him of a complete breakdown in contract negotiations in mid-August.

Rooney, who was carried off the training ground yesterday after sustaining an ankle injury, is still wanted by Ferguson, but the United boss made it clear that he feels the 24-year-old has let him down.

He said: 'I asked to have a meeting with the boy and he reiterated what his agent had said - that he wanted to go.

'I said to him, "Just remember one thing - respect this club. I don't want any nonsense from you, just respect the club". I don't know if he's done that.'

Ferguson declared himself 'bemused' and 'dumbfounded' by developments yesterday and suggested United had offered to make Rooney the highest paid player in the country

That is open to question, given that Yaya Toure earns in excess of £200,000 a week at Manchester City.

However, what became clear yesterday is that the striker's decision predates him suffering an ankle injury against Rangers on September 14 and - just as significantly - came well before revelations over his private life that emerged on September 5.

As revealed by Sportsmail yesterday, Rooney wants to leave because he feels United have not behaved like a big club in terms of the contract offer made to him or their pursuit of new players.

He will miss tonight's Champions League game against Bursaspor and his latest ankle injury was understood to have been caused by a Paul Scholes tackle.

Last night Ferguson added: 'David Gill was shocked, I was shocked. David was prepared to offer the best terms offered to any player in this country.

'But there has been no falling out. There has been no argument, but we have got to a stage now where I feel that we still have to keep the door open for him because he is such a good player.'

If Rooney is sold, his former club Everton will receive 25 per cent of any fee above the £25m United paid for him.

Chelsea, Manchester City and Real Madrid are likely to fight it out to sign the England star but Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp also expressed an interest, albeit tongue-in-cheek.

Redknapp said: 'I am going to speak to my chairman and see if we can get Rooney to Tottenham - but I doubt very much whether that will happen.

'Rooney will be a free agent, what an amazing situation to be in, somebody who's worth £50m- £60m would be a free agent. He won't find a better club than Manchester United to play for, they are a fantastic club. And he's got a great manager to work with, I don't know what's gone on but it's a shame if it ends that way.'

Read more: Sir Alex Ferguson blasts Wayne Rooney's attitude | Mail Online
I have my suspicions about the truth of this but it sounds like he'd fit in well at City then. Of course, if the daft cnut had a clue, he'd realize that big names don't always equal results.

United87

What exactly did Ronaldo do different from his last season to what we see at Madrid now? He still strops, but he always has. But he never stopped trying. He didn't just give up because he didn't get his own way. He kept fecking hammering in goals and acting like a model professional away from the pitch.
What! The car crash, the gang bang, the swiping the jersey from the United employee, the constant links with Real, the diving, the selfishness, not celebrating his goals never mind his team mates, the not tracking back, the obvious petulance on and off the field, have you forgotten it all?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
The good thing to come out of this I guess is that The Glazers will have no place to hide. If Rooney leaves, we have to invest big time in our side, else the business model of yearly qualification in to CL is severely at risk.

A straight player swap with Madrid would be best for all, that way, we pick up Benzema and Kaka perhaps and no monies go to Everton. Add Rodwell and a world class goalie in the close season and things don't look so bad:

New goalie
Evra Rio Vidic Rafael
Nani Rodwell Kaka Valencia
Berbatov Benzema.

SecondFig

What! The car crash, the gang bang, the swiping the jersey from the United employee, the constant links with Real, the diving, the selfishness, not celebrating his goals never mind his team mates, the not tracking back, the obvious petulance on and off the field, have you forgotten it all?
I think Marchi's point, is that's just how Ronaldo behaves - it's how he's behaving now at Real. Just last week he was being criticised for only really celebrating his own goals.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Hey obviously the Daily Heil have read the contract United offered Rooney, why dont they print a copy of it so we can decide if they've 'acted like a big club'.

fecking rag of a paper.

United87

I think Marchi's point, is that's just how Ronaldo behaves - it's how he's behaving now at Real. Just last week he was being criticised for only really celebrating his own goals.
So Ronaldo gets off because he has always been a petulant arse!!

Number7

Ret's Slave
All the other papers are being respectful but the Daily Mail really are a shower of cnuts

mariachi-19

feck me you muppet. How in anyway shape or form does that represent Ronaldo's behavior. Ohhh Ronaldo just wanted to bin his 300 thousand pound Ferrari....

What you don't get that this isn't about Ronaldo its about Rooney and being the spoilt two faced cnut.

You've pointed out some of Cristiano's flaws good for you. None of them even come close to amounting the shit Wayne Rooney has just unleashed.

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
The good thing to come out of this I guess is that The Glazers will have no place to hide. If Rooney leaves, we have to invest big time in our side, else the business model of yearly qualification in to CL is severely at risk.

A straight player swap with Madrid would be best for all, that way, we pick up Benzema and Kaka perhaps and no monies go to Everton. Add Rodwell and a world class goalie in the close season and things don't look so bad:

New goalie
Evra Rio Vidic Rafael
Nani Rodwell Kaka Valencia
Berbatov Benzema.
Why have you got Rafael at Left Back and Valencia at Left Mid?

United87

feck me you muppet. How in anyway shape or form does that represent Ronaldo's behavior. Ohhh Ronaldo just wanted to bin his 300 thousand pound Ferrari....

What you don't get that this isn't about Ronaldo its about Rooney and being the spoilt two faced cnut.

You've pointed out some of Cristiano's flaws good for you. None of them even come close to amounting the shit Wayne Rooney has just unleashed.
Eh calm down you were the one who implyed that he was the model pro away from the pitch, I don't know why you highlighted the swiping the United coat part because I think that's the worst example of petulance he showed, now take a deep breath.

Commadus

As long as we get top dollar for Rooney I don't care where he goes.

Top Dollar = £55m plus.

Rooney is 25 in 5 days time! What a birthday bash that will be

Kelvin

Top Dollar = £55m plus.

not going to happen, less than 2 years of his contract before its expire, if someone willing to pay 30m, we can be happy and just take it....

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best

Top Dollar = £55m plus.

If he had 3 or 4 years left on his contract perhaps. But we will get nothing near that due to the fact he only has 18 months

pauldyson1uk

just seen on Sky news that Chelsea have offered £20 mil for him.
This has got to be taking the piss.
I would rather him go to Real or Barca , but not for silly money.

this was mentioned has a swap

we pick up Benzema and Kaka perhaps and no monies

this would be nice , but never going to happen