Messi in Miami

heraklion

Why was Messi out?
He had a slight injury, not worth risking anything before Copa.

I expect him to play another 2-3 games before being off to Argentina NT camp early June for Copa preparations. He'll probably play his next game mid-July for Inter Miami after Copa. The MLS play-off system is good for him in the sense that he can skip certain games to rest.

Fobal

Supports
Liverpool
The foul that originated the injury deserved a yellow, but since it was not given, the MLS has a rule where if there is no card present and the player "shows" signs of needing treatment, it's in "pain", etc has to be 2 minutes outside the pitch being treated to avoid fake injuries and time wasting...
Yet that rule in that situation was silly as fvck, Messi couldn't returned for 2 minutes while Miami was loosing by two goals, the foul deserved a card, was real, and a free kick happened that was luckly scored by Rojas.
Miami could have been trully perjudicated with THAT man out for 2 minutes.

Last edited:

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I can remember remember someone said it was cringey how the fireworks go off whenever Messi scores a goal and thought it was metaphorical for commentators wanking themselves silly untill i saw this.

MarylandMUFan

I can remember remember someone said it was cringey how the fireworks go off whenever Messi scores a goal and thought it was metaphorical for commentators wanking themselves silly untill i saw this.

I assume they do the fireworks whenever a Miami player scores. This is fairly common in USA sports. The Chicago White Sox have been doing fireworks for their players home runs in baseball for decades for example.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I assume they do the fireworks whenever a Miami player scores. This is fairly common in USA sports. The Chicago White Sox have been doing fireworks for their players home runs in baseball for decades for example.
Same at some NFL stadiums: you score a touchdown, they light fireworks. I don't know for sure, but I don't think they only do it for Messi at Miami.

Fobal

Supports
Liverpool
That goal was very similar to the Mexico one in the WC.

Miami still is crap defending in transitions. Thiago Almada took a couple for a ride with a move "a la Messi" and he afterwards left a mate alone ina flank without marking for ages in one of the goals, the scorer had time to even sit down and have a cup of coffee.

PD: BTW, side note, I don't know why Thiago it's still in MLS, he needs to rough up his game and go to some big club in SA or in Europe, even if the transition regarding rhythm might take him some time.

Last edited:

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Just looking at their twitter, it's basically Messi FC. Defensively they're pretty shocking, Atlanta missed the easy chances in the box and scored the bangers from outside.

They'll likely be crushed by any half decent opposition like they were v Monterrey.