Messi in Miami

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Btw regarding to the Saudi thing, CR7 has legal issues and can’t put a foot on US soil right? Because otherwise I don’t understand how he isn’t at the MLS creating a big impact with all the celebrities in there, I see him doing that more than Messi, who doesn’t even want to comunícate in English.
As far as I know, both criminal and civil cases against Ronaldo in the U.S. were dismissed.

NYAS

America is arguably the greatest country on the planet end of the day. Certainly culturally right now it is 110%. Saudi is basically a backwater compared to the States.

They brag about money but facts are the average Saudi has none. Americans get paid double and lead far more prosperous lives in a country that doesn’t destroy their rights as a human being.

If given the chance to live in Miami or Saudi the only reason you would move to a desert is for some of that sweet oil money they don’t give to their own people who need it the most.

The fact they lavishly spend that money on foreign mercanaries is because their economy is unsustainable long term. Oil money runs out so does their country.

The USA is the USA. They make money hand over fist regardless hence why they dominate markets and culture as a whole.
:lol:

Sara125

For the love of football and football fans worldwide, he should have done this for a season. It's just a 38 year old CR7! Come on!
Sorry, was this particular line implying that he was scared to face Ronaldo again…

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Sorry, was this particular line implying that he was scared to face Ronaldo again…
Messi had more goals in the classicos vs Ronnie and around 12 times as many assists. Ronnie only managed 1 assist in 30 classicos.

Sara125

Messi had more goals in the classicos vs Ronnie and around 12 times as many assists. Ronnie only managed 1 assist in 30 classicos.
I know. That guy is delusional…as someone mentioned he isn’t even a Ronaldo fan specifically…it’s almost like he has been hired to be some sort of PR agent to promote Saudi Arabia and their league as that’s all his posts centre around. Shit, if they pay their PR agents anything like they pay their footballers they can sign me up I will even petition to change this to SaudiCafe.net :lol: (joking)

Last edited:

Rojow

As far as I know, both criminal and civil cases against Ronaldo in the U.S. were dismissed.
It has always caught my attention that he does not go to the USA. Has he ever been on tour with any team there? The last time must have been around 2008.

Nicoteiro

I did read this after I made the post, but it still feels more proper for Ronaldo to be playing in the US according to his personality. It’s a personal perspective of course.
And even if it comes down to money, he could’ve made a great business just as Messi is doing, or even bigger, considering Nike dominates the market there.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
It has always caught my attention that he does not go to the USA. Has he ever been on tour with any team there? The last time must have been around 2008.
According to Wikipedia, he played on Real Madrid's USA tours from 2010 to 2014.

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
I was actually considering to make myself an evening snack until I saw that pizza and lost my appetite.

morisjee

Supports
Mönchengladbach
I never said Messi was the Goat. Even if I say that he is the better footballer than CR7. Who wants to deny that? But there was no mention of strikers and goats. A world title doesn't settle the goat debate.

Even though the prestige is huge, it is still a tournament that only takes place every 4 years. And if you're lucky (and have referees by your side, hello Messi) you'll play 7 games. That's all!

A competition where you struggle every day, like the UCL, is much more meaningful. And here too, no one can deny that CR7 completely dominated and destroyed this competition. This competition should actually be named after him.

And such players and fraudsters like Maradonna, who is said to be part of a mafia and a junky, should never be mentioned in such a debate.

What also needs to be taken into account in such debates is career history. Players who have always looked for challenges and those who have always sought the easiest path. Hello Messi! Made nest in Barca. Go to a world team like PSG and then to a joke league like MLS. At his age, CR7 and Juventus have just single-handedly destroyed Altetico Madrid after a 2-0 defeat.

Rojow

At 35, the age you are mentioning, Messi carried his nation to a World Cup.

heraklion

I never said Messi was the Goat. Even if I say that he is the better footballer than CR7. Who wants to deny that? But there was no mention of strikers and goats. A world title doesn't settle the goat debate.

Even though the prestige is huge, it is still a tournament that only takes place every 4 years. And if you're lucky (and have referees by your side, hello Messi) you'll play 7 games. That's all!

A competition where you struggle every day, like the UCL, is much more meaningful. And here too, no one can deny that CR7 completely dominated and destroyed this competition. This competition should actually be named after him.

And such players and fraudsters like Maradonna, who is said to be part of a mafia and a junky, should never be mentioned in such a debate.

What also needs to be taken into account in such debates is career history. Players who have always looked for challenges and those who have always sought the easiest path. Hello Messi! Made nest in Barca. Go to a world team like PSG and then to a joke league like MLS. At his age, CR7 and Juventus have just single-handedly destroyed Altetico Madrid after a 2-0 defeat.
Pure BS..
At 35-36, Messi won the WC as the MVP, led WC in g&a, was selected as the IFFHS World's Best Playmaker, led Europe in assists along with KDB. big chance creation, dribbles along with Vinicius, won FIFA Best, has highest number of goals & assists in the world, has the highest number of MOTM in whole Europe etc. etc. Ronaldo has not achieved all these in a single year at his peak in his 20s let alone at 35 :lol:

As for your BS arguments about the WC, see below..

Is that why the supposed CL king Ronaldo has zero goals & assists in 8 knock-out games in the WC, what's going on there?
Is that why he has zero MVP award in an international tournament with NT unlike Modric with Crotia, Forlan with Uruguay etc?
Is that why he was not selected to the official team of the tournament of the WC even once unlike Figo, Maniche, Carvalho who all did that in 2006? Mind you he played in a record 5 WCs unlike these players..
Is that why he could not even reach the level of Stoichkov, Hagi, James Rodriguez and many others who played for above-average NTs and led their teams in a legendary fashion in WCs?

Why did the undisputed CL king score only 3 goals in 19 knock-out stage games in 5 WCs + 5 Euros? Was it too challenging for him to score when away from SAF's United super-team? Was it too hard when he was not surrounded by Real dream-team with Modric, Benzema, Kroos, Marcelo etc.?

I repeat 3 goals in 19 knock-out games in 5 Euros & 5 WCs in 20 years, "three goals"..

Supposedly, he should have broken records in 19 games, right, because if a player does it in the CL, he should automatically be able to do it in the WC/EC yet his WC/EC knock-out stats are beyond embarrassing..

You are talking about "struggle everyday", it seems more like Ronaldo was having a lot of joy in CL rather than having a struggle, it seems more like his struggle was in the WC & ECs, poor guy, 3 goals in 19 knock-out games, Goncalo Ramos just had 3 in his first knock-out game last WC with Portugal :lol:

Imagine comparing WC, the greatest tournament of all time in world sports with the CL just to hype up Ronaldo the WC ghost..

Last edited:

Red Star One

That’s supposed to be a pizza?
I think it's supposed to be a fugazza, which is an Argentina spin off of focaccia, they have many national dishes originating from northern Italian cuisine, like another of Messi's favourites, milanesa. Looks absolutely disgusting though and always anyhow satisfying to see millionaires eating like shit

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
America is arguably the greatest country on the planet end of the day. Certainly culturally right now it is 110%. Saudi is basically a backwater compared to the States.

They brag about money but facts are the average Saudi has none. Americans get paid double and lead far more prosperous lives in a country that doesn’t destroy their rights as a human being.

If given the chance to live in Miami or Saudi the only reason you would move to a desert is for some of that sweet oil money they don’t give to their own people who need it the most.

The fact they lavishly spend that money on foreign mercanaries is because their economy is unsustainable long term. Oil money runs out so does their country.

The USA is the USA. They make money hand over fist regardless hence why they dominate markets and culture as a whole.
America always strike me as more similar to North Korea than modern Western countries.

Fobal

Supports
Liverpool
Regarding the Pizzagate

Banchero is a very traditional and famous Pizza place in BA (this doesn't translate to traditional Napolitan Pizza BTW, there are other places with such type).
I guess like lots of shops from here, they also have a place in Miami.
That Pizza looks like a bit like a "Napolitana", yet the ammount of tomato there is quite too much and looks a bit weird, also onions are not included in a Napolitana so I dunno...it's even hard to detect the cheese. So or Messi asked for a Napo with extra tomato (normally people would add jam as an extra, not more tomato), or is another type of pizza or the Miami place has its own Napo style.
In any case Banchero here is quite good, they have a vary famous Fugazza.

JogaBonitoRooney

UCL isn't more meaningful and even if it was Messi only has 1 less CL and has a better goals and assists to games ratio than Ronaldo in the competition. If he wanted to stat pad in UCL he could still be in Europe just to beat his records.

Ronaldo playing for the biggest and most successful club in the world, Real Madrid, who were winning UCLs before him and after him. Who can afford any player in the world at this time and could lure any player for any position. Doesn't mean much if he's at the best club and when there's only 4 or 5 clubs that genuinely have a chance at winning the UCL comp out of the 32 teams. Besides 2016/17 season, he did nothing in the semis or finals for the other wins. He also only won 2 leagues in 9 seasons at RM. Not good enough considering only 2 and at times 3 teams have a chance of winning the league.

At United he played for the best club in thee world at the time with the best manager. United stayed good after he left winning 2 leagues and making another UCL final. Real stayed good after he left too. Barcelona declined badly after Messi left, not even getting out of the group stages in the last 2 seasons.

Ronaldo sure "challenged" himself when he went to Juve but he achieved nothing there. They had already won the league 7 seasons in a row. They started declining while he was there, nearly missing out on UCL spot in his last season. He was brought in to bring the UCL to Juve and he failed. Losing to Porto, Lyon and Ajax in the early knockouts. Juve at least made the final in recent seasons before Ronaldo. He failed there. At RM it took him 5 years to win the UCL, flopping in crucial games before that until RM kept spending enough to win it. Keep exaggerating Ronaldo's UCL achievements, I know all the facts.

Ronaldo also had the luxury of playing alongside 3 Ballon dor winners unlike Messi.

During his second stint at United, United came 7th in the league whilst making UCL in the season prior and after. In the Euro his team won the final without him. So many results showing he didn't show up for his team.

World Cup is the biggest stage of football with the whole world watching and every player preparing for it as they know it doesn't come around every year like the UCL where you can be in your comfort zone. Club teams can afford to get anybody they need and have you trained with them every day. You don't get that in international football. That's why in international football it's the opportunity for players to shine. Ronaldo never achieved this. Not a single memorable WC on his end. Modric, Robben, Kane, Forlan, Rodriguez, Hazard, Puskas, Cryuff, Eusebio all players who have played for second tier top teams have all had memorable world cups.

Either leading their team to the later stages, winning player of the tournament, most assists, best player, team of the tournament. Ronaldo remembered for nothing after 5 opportunities. Ronaldo getting knocked out by non-Euro teams Morocco, Uruguay, USA in the early to mid stages of the tournament. His Euro win doesn't weigh as much considering this.

Also funny you're hating on Maradona too. Not only did he performed at the WC, he's the one that challenged himself the most by moving to a club such as Napoli. Winning 2 Serie As and a UEFA Cup. Much bigger carry job that Ronaldo could ever do.

Last edited:

morisjee

Supports
Mönchengladbach
@heraklion

Your entire argument is based on crap.

Klose has more World Cup goals than UCL goals.:lol: How can that be? He even won the World Cup, reached the finals and semi-finals several times and is the record goalscorer in this tournament. But never this sucking UCL. What does that mean now?

It is a tournament that is considered to have a lot of prestige. I do not mind. There are a handful of games that you have to play successfully. That's all. It also has a lot to do with luck. And if you then have the referees on your side, then it's just a formality. And you can NOT solve the goat debate with that. The daily performance in the UCL is more meaningful than something that only takes place every 4 years. Do you want to deny that? Then there is no point in discussing any further.

@Rojow Yes, and after 3 years in Juventus and 6-7 titles and more scorers than games, he is moving to the best league in the world at 36. Heart of a lion! While Messi, who is 3 years younger, goes to a world selection in a farmers' league. It's his problem, but it just shows how comfortable he always wanted it to be. He even picked Argentina's NT and dictated lineups. :lol:.
As I said, the career trajectory must be given high credit in such debates. For example, you won't become the first player in the history of this sport to be top scorer in all relevant leagues if you constantly hide and look for the path of least resistance.

The guy @Iker Quesadillas even seems to know my shoe size.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
It's bizarre that for a man who produces such magic, threads and discussions about him descend into various levels of ick.

JogaBonitoRooney

@Rojow Yes, and after 3 years in Juventus and 6-7 titles and more scorers than games, he is moving to the best league in the world at 36
Where he failed and embarrassed himself. He was trying to chase further success because even at that stage he's not content with his career. He didn't complete football like Messi did. He only moved to Saudi because no one else in Europe wanted him. He moved to Saudi so he could least get the highest paid footballer ever title. If Messi chose Saudi, he would get paid more than him too.

It's his problem, but it just shows how comfortable he always wanted it to be. He even picked Argentina's NT and dictated lineups
That's not really a bad thing. Just shows Messi's greatness if he's given that power. I'm sure Ronaldo has a say on who he plays with in the NT, probably the same as Messi. Ronaldo never delivered however.

heraklion

Your entire argument is based on crap.

Klose has more World Cup goals than UCL goals. How can that be? He even won the World Cup, reached the finals and semi-finals several times and is the record goalscorer in this tournament. But never this sucking UCL. What does that mean now?

It is a tournament that is considered to have a lot of prestige. I do not mind. There are a handful of games that you have to play successfully. That's all. It also has a lot to do with luck. And if you then have the referees on your side, then it's just a formality. And you can NOT solve the goat debate with that. The daily performance in the UCL is more meaningful than something that only takes place every 4 years. Do you want to deny that? Then there is no point in discussing any further. :lol: :lol:
Non-stop BS, who cares about your opinion about WC, bitter-little Ronaldo fanboy? As if the football world community cares about what a little boy thinks about WC :lol: Increase your copium amount for your health..

Yeah, Ronaldo was that shit, was not even able to do 1% of what Klose did despite playing in 5 WCs, it was too hard for him without SAF and superclubs:lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

:lol: :lol:

heraklion

Yes, and after 3 years in Juventus and 6-7 titles and more scorers than games, he is moving to the best league in the world at 36. Heart of a lion! While Messi, who is 3 years younger, goes to a world selection in a farmers' league. It's his problem, but it just shows how comfortable he always wanted it to be. He even picked Argentina's NT and dictated lineups. :lol:.
As I said, the career trajectory must be given high credit in such debates. For example, you won't become the first player in the history of this sport to be top scorer in all relevant leagues if you constantly hide and look for the path of least resistance.
Heart of a lion getting rejected everywhere in Europe, benched by the Portuguese in the WC, finding himself in South Africa in his own word, and that was not even a self-imposed exile :lol:

Heart of lion getting eliminated by Lyon, Ajax and 10-men Porto from "farmer leagues" with Juve which already played 2 CL finals in 3 years before his arrival..

Your idol can retire when he wins an MVP award in a single NT tournament, or becomes a GOAT level playmaker, or a dribbler or a creator.

He can retire when he wins a record number of Golden Shoes plus Ballon D'ors..

No, no, wait, he does not have to do any of these.... he can actually retire if he manages to score a single goal in a WC knock-out game, I know this is too much to ask for, but I am sure he can do it in 2026 in his 6th WC at 42.. Goncalo Ramos, Leao, Guerreiro or Pepe can teach him how it's done at the knock-out stage :lol:

Last edited:

Henandez14

Supports
World peace
He's a world class athlete with the best nutritionists and dieticians at his disposal. Did you all really think his pizza was going to have cheese in it?

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
I for one feel that Maradonna being a mafia and junky while playing makes his football ability the greatest of them all.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City

:lol:

Please, someone ban this guy.

Taribo's Gap

The Saudi PR associate's strategy now appears to be to say whatever ridiculous that thing comes to his mind to drive engagement so that Ronaldo, and by proxy the Saudi League, are shoehorned into discussions about the pinnacle of the football world. Nothing drives engagement like ridiculous Messi v Ronaldo debates, even though they are both grandpas that should be enjoying their retirement. This should qualify as elder abuse. This strategy will combine the toxicity of the Messi v Ronaldo debate with the grasping desperation of the quest for legitimacy and relevance of the Saudi sporting project. This could get torturous (no pun intended).

There is no real debate to be had about the relative quality of the Saudi League or MLS, because they are both really, really poor in the grand scheme and have no real bearing on the footballing legacies or reputations of either player. That debate is useful to get people talking about a league whose games no one watches though. God help us all of Al-Ittihad somehow manage to win the Club World Cup. We will be overrun with missives about the long and prestigious history of the CWC and screeds about how it has supplanted with World Cup as the true test of global footballing greatness because it happens every year.

Did you know that Mahrez is the greatest African player ever? Saint-Maximin is the best dribbler in the world? Malcolm is also in the top and bottom and not just the middle?

What is this thread about again? Oh, Messi that's right! Coward refused to play in Atlanta because of the turf fields. Path of least resistance! Heart of a lamb!