• Messi

• Ronaldo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mdvmia

Supports
Barcelona
I'm waiting to see how Ronaldo's PR team tries to hype up the Nations League as a major trophy even though he didn't even bother playing until the semis.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
2 international trophies for him now.

SportingCP96

Supports
Yet another final where he was totally invisible. Portugal is a great team with or without Ronaldo.
Yet AGAIN conveniently forgetting the hat trick to get to the final.

History will say this. In 3 finals for Portugal he has won 2.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
The Nations League? Come on. These games are friendlies.

gibers

Another international trophy for the chosen one.

Now watch Messi flop again in the Copa for the 3rd time and his fans will be scrambling for excuses...

It's Higuain...
It's Sampaoli...
It's the AFA...
It's the team around him...
It's Maradona...
It's the tactics...
it's the ungrateful fans...
It's the ball...

We've heard it all before. I wonder what it will be this time. "it's Bartomeu..."

pregra

Supports
FC Barcelona,Argentina
Haha look at Cronaldo lifting the trophy and try to convince everyone that this is a big one. Watch his PR team milk this and propaganda his way to another Ballon. That he didn’t play in the first four games says it all. Bad game by him tonight but was deadly in the semi, had a couple of dribbles that turned back the clock quite a few years.

SportingCP96

Supports
The Nations League? Come on. These games are friendlies.
Recognized by UEFA as a “major” competition and not a friendly. All the games were competitive and real quality.

In 10 years we will see how relevant it has become.

NYAS

Messi has one Olympics gold medal and Cris has the Nations League and Euros.

Let’s see if Messi can respond at the Copa this summer.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Haha look at Cronaldo lifting the trophy and try to convince everyone that this is a big one. Watch his PR team milk this and propaganda his way to another Ballon. That he didn’t play in the first four games says it all. Bad game by him tonight but was deadly in the semi, had a couple of dribbles that turned back the clock quite a few years.
My god. The bitterness :lol:

The unprovoked bitterness

SportingCP96

Supports
And how many goals did Mr Clutch score in those 3 finals?
Would Portugal be in any of those finals without him? If the answer is no (it is) then your point has no relevancy.

Some players have IT and some don’t.

GM K

I thought Ronaldo had a very good game tonight despite not scoring.

SportingCP96

Supports
Messi has one Olympics gold medal and Cris has the Nations League and Euros.

Let’s see if Messi can respond at the Copa this summer.
Olympics :lol: no team is at full strength and it’s weak nations all around.

Tostao_80

Would Portugal be in any of those finals without him? If the answer is no (it is) then your point has no relevancy.

Some players have IT and some don’t.
Messi gets lambasted for not scoring in finals for Argentina but Cristiano gets a pass? Double standards much?

SportingCP96

Supports
Messi gets lambasted for not scoring in finals for Argentina but Cristiano gets a pass? Double standards much?
Ronaldo was 19 in his first final and got injured in his second final so that has nothing to do with his performance.

What Messi gets blasted for is being a completely different player in Argentina compared to Barca. He is very much a system player as good as he is. Ronaldo plays the same and just as well let it be in a United jersey a Madrid jersey a Portugal jersey or even if he played in the Championship.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Recognized by UEFA as a “major” competition and not a friendly. All the games were competitive and real quality.

In 10 years we will see how relevant it has become.
The organisation that hosts this cup says it's important? Shocking.

Nobody really cared about this tournament. Some of the best teams played B teams or used it as a platform to rebuild after the WC. I didn't even know there were games this weak, let alone the semis and only realized the final took place today because Google semt me a notification.

Not that it matters though. Trophies say close to nothing about a player's quality.

SharpshooterTom

Really? A 'final'? 'International trophy'? Its a friendly cup .........
That's not what England fans were saying a week ago.

Some telling us this was their best side since 66', if they win this they would have a chance of winning the Euro's next year.

SportingCP96

Supports
The organisation that hosts this cup says it's important? Shocking.

Nobody really cared about this tournament. Some of the best teams played B teams or used it as a platform to rebuild after the WC. I didn't even know there were games this weak, let alone the semis and only realized the final took place today because Google semt me a notification.

Not that it matters though. Trophies say close to nothing about a player's quality.
Fair opinion but if Messi won it *Insert eyes Emoji here.

pregra

Supports
FC Barcelona,Argentina
Ironically, this win could be the clincher in Messi’s favour re the Ballon d’Or. Another trophy for VVD here and he would’ve been set.

SportingCP96

Supports
It is not important because Ronaldo won it I get it. Everyone agreed this competition was a success and the teams all played well with quality and took it serious. The atmosphere was fantastic in the semis and final.

It is the first official year of the competition so of course it won't get as much fame but in 10 years is where you see if how big it gets.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Fair opinion but if Messi won it *Insert eyes Emoji here.
No. Because I don't rate Messi because of team trophies, let alone such irrelevant ones. I didn't even know that he won the Olympics until someone just posted it here

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Congratulations to Portugal for winning another trophy without Ronaldo even playing for majority of the competition(and not having his say in final again). Portugal is really well coached team.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I'm waiting to see how Ronaldo's PR team tries to hype up the Nations League as a major trophy even though he didn't even bother playing until the semis.
More like Messi fans downplaying it.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
He would have to get past semi finals and not lose 3 goal leads first.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
It is not important because Ronaldo won it I get it. Everyone agreed this competition was a success and the teams all played well with quality and took it serious. The atmosphere was fantastic in the semis and final.

It is the first official year of the competition so of course it won't get as much fame but in 10 years is where you see if how big it gets.
Yeah most teams took it seriously and played their best players.

Pocho

If Messi plays a final like Ronaldo did tonight he'd be shot in an alley.

mdvmia

Supports
Barcelona

If it was such an important trophy, please explain why Ronaldo didn't think it was worth playing until the semifinals.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
If Messi plays a final like Ronaldo did tonight he'd be shot in an alley.
Yup but Ronaldo’s advantage has always been that even when he plays like crap in the finals his teammates can always bail him
Out.

SportingCP96

Supports
If it was such an important trophy, please explain why Ronaldo didn't think it was worth playing until the semifinals.
It just started and is a new competition which took place in the new season where he had just joined Juve and wanted to adapt.

SportingCP96

Supports
Post fail, he's reached more international finals than Cristiano.
3 and lost them all. 07 he was not even an integral part but I mean if you want to say 0-4 that's fine too.

I prefer the guy who wins Finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.