Messi v Ronaldo | Contains double your daily salt allowance

Messi or Ronaldo

• Messi

• Ronaldo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DutchCruijff

If Messi doesn't win the UCL with PSG but Ronaldo wins the PL, and performs well, with United...that's a huge boost for the latter's legacy.

IF Ronaldo wins the PL AND UCL with United, and yes, I'm getting ahead of myself, well...that's a huge boost for this "GOAThood"

To come back to the most intense, the most competitive and physical league at 36 is tremendously courageous for a footballer. Superb.

Pressure is on for them both now for their respective legacies.

If Ronaldo can come back to the PL and lead us, another 'new' club to him, back to the top it puts him above Messi.

If Ronaldo does that, Messi has to win the CL with PSG to stay in contention.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Ronaldo at 36 joining the best league in the world, for a club which hasn't won a single league title in 8 years, nor a trophy in past 4 years
vs
Messi at 34 joining the 5th league, for an oil club which is so far ahead if its competitors, and had won 22 trophies in past 7 years.
moronic take, Ronaldo would’ve 1000 percent joined psg if he could. He is back at united because very clubs wanted him and city would tarnish his legacy.

it’s nice that he’s back but making it sound like he did it for this honourable reason is a joke :lol:

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
If Messi doesn't win the UCL with PSG but Ronaldo wins the PL, and performs well, with United...that's a huge boost for the latter's legacy.

IF Ronaldo wins the PL AND UCL with United, and yes, I'm getting ahead of myself, well...that's a huge boost for this "GOAThood"

To come back to the most intense, the most competitive and physical league at 36 is tremendously courageous for a footballer. Superb.
Cavan Did it, Ibra did it. If united win Cl it would be massive, but they were already runner up for the league and then added Sancho and varane as well

ShinjiNinja26

That settles it then. That’s the difference between these 2, Messi leaves Barca and joins a farmers league for an easy ride and a big payday. While Ronaldo despite being 2 yrs older decides to return to the biggest, most competitive league in the world to try and return his old club to the top of English football. The true G.O.A.T!!!!! :drool: HEHE.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Everyone knew he would not go to EPL it would look bad for him if he didn’t perform as he was expected too

Paris was the save and easy choice both financially and for his career
Why would Messi be afraid of PL, didn't he trash english teams at UCL?
Denying 2 UCLs to United and make Man Utd fans cry twice wasn't enough?

But apparently Messi can't do what David Silva,Aguero,Kane,De Bruyne,Bernando Silva,Lukaku,etc(who never won a Ballon D'or, neither were nominated to the podium).

Good

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal

But apparently Messi can't do what David Silva,Aguero,Kane,De Bruyne,Bernando Silva,Lukaku,etc(who never won a Ballon D'or, neither were nominated to the podium).

Good
That’s my point. He probably would be just as good or probably better then those guys but as you said none of those guys won Balon D Or.

Going to the 6th best league in the world behind even the Portuguese league was obviously the safer bet to show he can do it just as good in Barca as out of Barca.

Ronaldo has been the same freak everywhere he’s gone.

spiriticon

Messi takes a step down at the end of his career, Ronaldo takes a step up.

Mentality. *shrugs*

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I love Ronnie - I can't wait to see him play for us again. But this is still not a discussion - Messi was far better in their top 3/4 years.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96

Good
Of course Messi is likely to impress in the PL if he went here. But it is for sure that he would now play in the PL if he wanted to - some club could have signed him, if he had an interest to do so and prove himself in the currently strongest league in the world. So the point is not what Messi can or can't do, but it is about his lack of ambition to prove it to the world. And that means he either went for the bigger paycheck (I think that is the likely reason) or he actually is afraid of playing in the PL.

TheReligion

Abusive
I love Ronnie - I can't wait to see him play for us again. But this is still not a discussion - Messi was far better in their top 3/4 years.
It seems it very much is a discussion to everyone in the world other than you.

Entitled to your opinion though but that's all it is.

mu4c_20le

All I'm seeing is "dont care, messi still better"

Messi ruined his legacy. Ronaldo just cemented his.

kc7

Of course Messi is likely to impress in the PL if he went here. But it is for sure that he would now play in the PL if he wanted to - some club could have signed him, if he had an interest to do so and prove himself in the currently strongest league in the world. So the point is not what Messi can or can't do, but it is about his lack of ambition to prove it to the world. And that means he either went for the bigger paycheck (I think that is the likely reason) or he actually is afraid of playing in the PL.
What does Messi need to prove to the world? Is it a must to go to PL to prove yourself))?

Ronaldo was completely dominated in La Liga winning 2 titles in 9 years with Real vs Messi's 6 when La Liga was the top league in the world. Ronaldo won La Liga best player award only once (same number as Griezmann) in 9 years vs Messi's 6 in 9 years. Ronaldo won 2 Copa Del Rey vs Messi's 7 in 9 years. Ronaldo failed to prove himself in the strongest league in the world at that time, La Liga as he was completely dominated for such a long time. Tbh, Ronaldo's record in La Liga is really embarrassing considering Messi's achievements in that time period..

Last edited:

altodevil

You said in their peak 3/4 years Messi was by far the best player and it's not up for discussion?

It's very much a discussion and one that's still debated now. The share of Ballon d'Ors would tell you that.
You said it's a discussion for the rest of the world. If you read any single page of this thread you'll realise that isn't the case.

TheReligion

Abusive
You said it's a discussion for the rest of the world. If you read any single page of this thread you'll realise that isn't the case.
Yeah the rest of the world is redcafe.

At this point I've no idea if you're just playing around or even if you understand what you wrote. Anyway.

altodevil

Yeah the rest of the world is redcafe.

At this point I've no idea if you're just playing around or even if you understand what you wrote. Anyway.
I think you're the one misunderstanding what you've posted.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Do you think it's not up for discussion that Messi had a better peak than Ronaldo?
The whole Messi vs Ronaldo thing is very weird, because you do here people wondering who's better between Messi and Ronaldo (most say Messi) but actually very few discussions (outside of Ronaldo fans) about Ronaldo being the GOAT. It's always "Is Messi better than Pelé or Maradona" but almost never about Ronaldo. So it would mean he could be better than Messi but not a GOAT contestant when Messi is? It doesn't make sense.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Always thought this thread was already rock bottom but oh boy it's definitely gonna get even worse now.
(I like the fact that Ronaldo went back to United, gonna be super entertaining but this thread, deary me, some admin should set up a mechanism that you can only click on it once a day in order to prevent serious brain damage)

altodevil

This is hard work. I'll say again. It very much is up for discussion. Your opinion is subjective.
Your point was that it was a discussion for everyone else in the world bar me. Which is incorrect.

altodevil

Same as your views on Messi?

Some people consider Ronaldo better, others Messi. Not acknowledging that people have different opinions and saying "it's not even up for discussion" is a bit strange.
There's a lot of things in life that people think are 'up for discussion' that really aren't, this is one of them.

RooneyLegend

Maradona,Pele, and Messi were.

Even some Man Utd legends who played with Ronaldo think Messi is better.
No they weren't. Yet some don't think so, which tells you it's a conversation. The notion anyone has ever been far better than Ronaldo is ridiculous. Maybe better, but certainly not far better. The man is probably the greatest goal scorer ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.