Messi v Ronaldo | Contains double your daily salt allowance

Messi or Ronaldo

• Messi

• Ronaldo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rojow

They should give him 'The Best' for the best marketing for a footballer ever. Hope one day he gets recognized with one. He and Mendes really deserve that award.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
All the Ronaldo fans were rushing to blame Solskjaer for Ronaldo arriving at a team and going from 2nd to mid-table and it being everyone else's fault but his. Then an 'ultra modern' manager arrives and all the games pretty much look like Ole's games so far. Hmm I wonder who the common denominator is?
It's funny that this post was made and then Ronaldo misses two games against Villa and results/gameplay are poor once again.

KeanoMagicHat

It's funny that this post was made and then Ronaldo misses two games against Villa and results/gameplay are poor once again.
It was a win and an away draw, performance wasn’t that bad against Villa the second time. First time it was not good I agree and the win was quite fortunate. Still not seeing United improve as a team with Ronaldo on the pitch yet, have you?

Ladron de redcafe

The three greatest footballers of all time:

Pele
Messi
Maradona

No one else belongs in that company.
Messi broke his way into that triumvirate a while ago, but I'm still not sure he managed to supplant Maradona in the eyes of the majority. The Balón d'Or record is sealed. The golden boots record is sealed. Buy all the individual accolades on the planet might not matter when Maradona has the 86 world cup to pull out in his favour (especially because of the way he won it).

The Copa America this summer (3rd international player of the tournament award) while becoming the first player in history to lead a major tournament in goals, assists, man of the match awards, while leading that country to the trophy.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Messi broke his way into that triumvirate a while ago, but I'm still not sure he managed to supplant Maradona in the eyes of the majority. The Balón d'Or record is sealed. The golden boots record is sealed. Buy all the individual accolades on the planet might not matter when Maradona has the 86 world cup to pull out in his favour (especially because of the way he won it).

The Copa America this summer (3rd international player of the tournament award) while becoming the first player in history to lead a major tournament in goals, assists, man of the match awards, while leading that country to the trophy.
That’s my order, happy for them to be in any order. The point is that they’re the main three.

Ladron de redcafe

That’s my order, happy for them to be in any order. The point is that they’re the main three.
They're the consensus top 3, so you won't find many arguments. You could make the claim for any of them to be the best ever.

I think there's a drop off before the next tier (Cryuff, etc)

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Hopefully Messi can get going in on a different league. Looking forward to see if he can rule the world in a different environment than his home which is arguably the most tactically bred team to a DNA.

Have seen so many players move to different leagues and flop, so it will be interesting.

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
Something suffused with earth-shattering wisdom no doubt.
Not only some mindblowing wisdom, but he will also act like a saint lecturing us on how he was irritated by some of our words/actions, and then go on to check your posting history and then lecture you on why you should not be posting in them. In short, an irritating busybody saint wannabe who is always thinking he is the moral compass for all of humanity to look up to and learn from

Pickle85

Not only some mindblowing wisdom, but he will also act like a saint lecturing us on how he was irritated by some of our words/actions, and then go on to check your posting history and then lecture you on why you should not be posting in them. In short, an irritating busybody saint wannabe who is always thinking he is the moral compass for all of humanity to look up to and learn from
:lol: calm down sweetie. Impressive that you managed a post without 'penaldo' or '50 cent army' though. Progress!

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
There's more than one reason that I wouldn't mind Ronaldo leaving United and joining Ligue 1 next.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
There's more than one reason that I wouldn't mind Ronaldo leaving United and joining Ligue 1 next.
Seeing old Messi feeding ancient Ronaldo would be cool, but PSG would be played off the park.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
We are basically arguing which of two people lead better lives based on whether they got incontinence at age 85 or 89.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Only if we are going to sign Haaland. Think about that, we would be left with no proven striker next season, although I am not sure he would want to stay here to go through rebuilding process for another season.

Gehrman

We are basically arguing which of two people lead better lives based on whether they got incontinence at age 85 or 89.
Well for some posters it's about Messi proving himself at a different league, but he's moved whilst he's been in decline for some years now despite his Ballon D'or win. Anyway I agree it's kind of stupid. I think Ronnie got incontinence later though.

MrEleson

When Ronaldo joined in Juventus in August he wasn't nearly 33. Otherwise it's true that so far Ronaldo 34+ > Messi 34+.
He played his first official game for Juve in late August 2018 when he was 33 years and 7 months so more than 33 & 1/2 years old if being very pendantic :)

Rojow

[QUOTE="MrEleson, post: 28437005, member:
[/QUOTE]

You can find this same video, but with all the accurate passes he had. 82% to be exact. What's the point?

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Ronaldo was woeful today. He’s definitely been better than Messi this season, but not nearly as good as his fans would have you think.

Gehrman

Ronaldo was woeful today. He’s definitely been better than Messi this season, but not nearly as good as his fans would have you think.
It's a contest now about who's most average this season.

Ladron de redcafe

The three greatest footballers of all time:

Pele
Messi
Maradona

No one else belongs in that company.
Well those are the consenus three greatest players ever, so not sure you're going to get much pushback.
I go back and forth between Maradona and Messi but Maradona might just be ahead. Pelé at 3rd sounds about right, as does Cryuff at 4th.

Gehrman

Well those are the consenus three greatest players ever, so not sure you're going to get much pushback.

I go back and forth between Maradona and Messi but Maradona might just be ahead. Pelé at 3rd sounds about right, as does Cryuff at 4th.
There is really no consensus anymore, that's kind of what this thread is about.

Ladron de redcafe

There is really no consensus anymore, that's kind of what this thread is about.
A consensus exists, but it's never unanimous and that's why there's always a discussion. By consenus, Michael Jordan is the greatest basketball player ever, for example. But there are still threads made every day debating who the greatest NBA player is, with everyone from Magic Johnson, to LeBron James, to Wilt being given shouts.

Last edited:

Gehrman

A consensus most definitely exists, but it's never unanimous and that's why there's always a discussion. By consenus, Michael Jordan is the greatest basketball player ever, for example. But there are still threads made every day debating who the greatest NBA player is, with everyone from Magic Johnson, to LeBron James, to Wilt being given shouts.
It's not a consensus that Pelé, Maradonna and Messi are the best ever in whichever order. Ronaldo has entered the discussion as a candidate as the greatest ever. Even if you don't agree with it.

For myself

Shared 1st: Pelé, Messi
3rd: Ronaldo
4th: Maradonna
5th: Cryuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.