Messi's next club: place your bets!

Who will Messi join?

• Total voters
I think he’ll be getting about 100m /year from
City or PSG, we aren’t matching that.
That's nearly £2 Million a week :lol:

No one will pay him that.
So @Berbaclass, wanna take back those smilies?

https://news.sky.com/story/lionel-m...t-most-expensive-ever-for-an-athlete-12204069

Turns out he’s already earning that. So clearly he won’t be joining City or PSG this summer for anything less, which is what I said hence why “normal” clubs like United would never be in for him.

Pep's Suit

Once Laporta's elected Messi will sign 2-year extension or something.

Peter Parker's Mask

Supports
Manchester City
He's not going anywhere, in my opinion. At least, not to another club in Europe. Maybe back home to Argentina, although he's been in Catalonia so long, that's almost more like home for him now. Can't see him coming to us.

Devil81

Looking at todays reports, say neither City or PSG decide to sign a 34 year old Messi and Barca decide its time to let go due to their finances.

Which other club would offer Messi and his insane wage demands a contract?

He could actually struggle to get a club.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Actually I can most likely see him going to the MLS. Depending on how much he sees himself past his best.

KwokSF

No way. He still can play at a high level. I suspect city will be most likely

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Once Laporta's elected Messi will sign 2-year extension or something.
Think the leaked contract is the final nail in the coffin. He was very pissed that so much insider knowledge was leaked to the press, now that this was publicized he'll be fuming. He'll be more adamant to switch clubs than ever. And it's for the better of both parties. Barca desperately need to let him go given their finances. It's almost criminally dumb that they forced him to stay given all that.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
So @Berbaclass, wanna take back those smilies?

https://news.sky.com/story/lionel-m...t-most-expensive-ever-for-an-athlete-12204069

Turns out he’s already earning that. So clearly he won’t be joining City or PSG this summer for anything less, which is what I said hence why “normal” clubs like United would never be in for him.
Moreover, in the summer he said that Barca's contract offers were never the most lucrative he signed and that he always could've earned more elsewhere.

Moreover, in the summer he said that Barca's contract offers were never the most lucrative he signed and that he always could've earned more elsewhere.
Well @Berbaclass ended up in a laughing smilie argument with me about it, cause apparently “no club would pay him that”. Turns I my thoughts on what PSG/City would pay would have been low-balling him :lol:

I have no doubt City would have given him a pay rise, via many sneaky means if need be. People sometimes forget just how rich they are, signing Messi would have been the culmination of everything they’ve been trying to do/prove. You can bet your life they’d have almost planted an open cheque on his desk.

Nico87

He’ll probably sign for City where they’ll smugly proclaim he’s signed on minimum wage such was his desire to join such a revered outfit while In reality paying him an annual salary of a nations GDP.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I think it's hard for non-barca fans to comprehend what Messi means to the fans. Iniesta is gone. Xavi gone. Neymar gone. Suarez gone. With Messi leaving who carries the Barca brand?

Denis' cuff

Will Ciddy sponsor themselves again in order for Messi to join such legends as Shaun Goater?

PepG

Supports
Ajax
PSG with his pals Neymar, Di Maria, Icardi, Paredes and possibly Aguero and managed by Poch...

OleBoiii

Bumping for glory! It took a year longer than expected, but here we are!

pascell

It's a power play from Barca and Messi to get la liga to change the wage threshold to accommodate him. If PSG need to sell to buy Pogba, they sure won't be able to afford Messi.

Drifter

American
Throw everything at him and bring him to OT. Unfortunately, though, he'll go to PSG

Andersons Dietician

Surely only City or PSG. Meh maybe Chelsea as an outside bet. Be funny if it’s City cause that’ll be Kane fecked.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Villa to replace Grealish

Andersons Dietician

It's a power play from Barca and Messi to get la liga to change the wage threshold to accommodate him. If PSG need to sell to buy Pogba, they sure won't be able to afford Messi.
Messi would just be a sign on fee plus humongous wages.

Josh 76

Kane, Grealish and Messi in a week.
Must got down as the greatest transfer window ever!

izec

He will go to PSG, great city, Poch and plenty of mates there. City only has Pep and shit weather.

OleBoiii

Could he actually retire? He's 34 years old, he finally won something with Argentina and there is no way C.Ronaldo is gonna catch up to him in Ballon d'Ors. Most neutrals already agree that he is the greatest of his time and probably the greatest of all time. If he retires he'll also get the honor of being a one-club man. Not to mention: he kind of retires on top, as he's the favorite to win this year's Ballon d'Or.

ravi2

He will go to PSG, great city, Poch and plenty of mates there. City only has Pep and shit weather.
Id be very surprised if he doesnt end up at PSG with Mbappe going to Madrid.

OleBoiii

Not to mention: if he doesn't score and assist a lot, then a bunch of cnuts will view it as evidence that the PL is too tough for him, completely forgetting that he's 34 years old.

In France he can autopilot completely.