Messi's next club: place your bets!

Who will Messi join?

• Total voters
That's nearly £2 Million a week :lol:

No one will pay him that.
Hmm... add upp the Neymar deal, will take you about 10 seconds to realise this would be cheaper @Berbaclass

Your idea is less than he’s on now :lol:

This is Messi's wage package at Barcelona according to Football Leaks: 60.395.769 euro basic yearly wages (£988.000 a week), £9.100.000 per year on image rights, £13.000.000 a year on possible bonuses plus signing on & loyalty fee (£120.000.000 over 5 years).

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Order of likelihood:

1. Stay at Barca
2. PSG
3. City
4. Inter
5. Juventus

I'd have United ahead of Arsenal at least; although Arteta is ex-Barca so...

No, I said I think we could pay him £50 Million a year for 2-3 years (£1 MIllion a week).

Which is what he earns now...
Yes, and he’s earning more that now. His basic wage is around 1m /week.
He’s making almost 1.5m /week now yet you thought 2m was green-smilie worth??
If he leaves Barca, he’s getting a massive pay rise with City or PSG.

DoubleLeg_Savage

Supports
Chelsea
I doubt Juve can afford him, but how great would it be to see him play alongside Ronaldo? :drool:

I'm saying we can pay that :lol:

Are you not actually reading my posts?

City and PSG will absolutely not double his wages.
You’re saying no-one is paying him almost 2m a /week and posting green smilies it’s so laughable, yet he’s on almost 1.5m /week now in his full package.
I’m reading your posts, and they are utter shite.
PSG paid 200m quid for Neymar and 31m /year in basic wage (a total of 356m quid) yet they “will absolutely not” spend 200m on giving Messi a 2 year deal, like feck they won’t. Do you have no idea how rich they are?
Messi would be the crown jewell in their vanity project and 200-300m is nothing to them.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
You’re saying no-one is paying him almost 2m a /week and posting green smilies it’s so laughable, yet he’s on almost 1.5m /week now in his full package.
I’m reading your posts, and they are utter shite.
PSG paid 200m quid for Neymar and 31m /year in basic wage (a total of 356m quid) yet they “will absolutely not” spend 200m on giving Messi a 2 year deal, like feck they won’t. Do you have no idea how rich they are?
What you don't seem to understand or I haven't communicated properly is I'm talking specifically about basic wage, not the total package.

Nobody will pay him a basic salary of £2 Million a year. Won't happen!

I'm aware of PSG and their wealth. Just because they can doesn't mean they will and they won't.

Mainoldo

He’s coming lads. Don Woodward is going to be all over this. Give him that Sánchez money.

Chief123

While all this is going on, Gareth Bale has just got a birdie on Hole 7.

What you don't seem to understand or I haven't communicated properly is I'm talking specifically about basic wage, not the total package.

Nobody will pay him a basic salary of £2 Million a year. Won't happen!

I'm aware of PSG and their wealth. Just because they can doesn't mean they will and they won't.
What you don’t seem to understand is that I said “he’ll go PSG or City and they’ll pay him 100 million a year”.

You came in, posted green smilies and said “no-one is paying him 100m a year”.

Now you’re talking about basic wage and other nonsense to get around your daft smilie. If Neymar is worth a 350m investment from PSG over 5 years, Messi is absolutely worth a 300m investment over 3 years, clearly.

You can keep denying it, or you can admit that for a player currently earning around 1.5m/week, your green smilie was way wide of the mark.

Niks111

Manutd. Shirt sales and sponsorship of the GOAT will singlehanded pay off his wages

Berbaclass

What you don’t seem to understand is that I said “he’ll go PSG or City and they’ll pay him 100 million a year”.

You came in, posted green smilies and said “no-one is paying him 100m a year”.

Now you’re talking about basic wage and other nonsense to get around your daft smilie. If Neymar is worth a 350m investment from PSG over 5 years, Messi is absolutely worth a 300m investment over 3 years, clearly.

You can keep denying it, or you can admit that for a player currently earning around 1.5m/week, your green smilie was way wide of the mark.
I find it pretty amusing that my use of a smilie seems to bother you so much :lol:

Get a grip.

Also, Neymar was 25.

ForeverRed1

There is a picture of his kid in a Man Utd kit. His mrs posted it last year. Someone find it and post it as I can’t post media on here yet but... :drool: it’s on

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Important aspect, Neymar got a reselling value, Messi doesn't. Either Neymar's fee is actually paid for more than 5 years (extension) or he'll be sold for at least 100m after 3/4 years.

I also think his salary per se might be an issue. But if he left Barca because he wins trophies, he won't just go to the club that offers him most. Can imagine he's willing to play for less than what he currently earns. If it was about money he'd be staying at Barca where he could get the most.

I find your grasp of reality quite amusing actually :lol:
reality: “no-one is paying him 100m /year”

reality: “Barca already pay him near 80m /year”, and PSG/City are far richer”.

We’ll see eh, he’ll either go for free and earn 100m /year else he’ll stay and get a rise on that near 80m /year”.

“Reality”.

Berbaclass

reality: “no-one is paying him 100m /year”

reality: “Barca already pay him near 80m /year”, and PSG/City are far richer”.

We’ll see eh, he’ll either go for free and earn 100m /year else he’ll stay and get a rise on that near 80m /year”.

“Reality”.
When you quoted a figure of £100 MIllion a year (roughly £2m p/w) I don't think it's unfair at all to assume that you're talking about his weekly wage/basic wage.

I don't really get why you're making a bigger deal out of this than is actually necessary.

When you quoted a figure of £100 MIllion a year (roughly £2m p/w) I don't think it's unfair at all to assume that you're talking about his weekly wage/basic wage.

I don't really get why you're making a bigger deal out of this than is actually necessary.
No deal needs to be made at all, it’s clear a club like PSG who control a fund of 258 billion quid can give Messi 100m a year, and it’s only about a 25% hike on his current deal.

Why are you who piped in making a big deal out of it? You must surely realise now that it’s a distinct possibility? Especially when Neymar’s current deal costs them at least 70m /year.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I love that you think PSG care one iota about resale value, 100m is a drop in the ocean to the Qatar State.
Well, at the time they definitely cared, see the trickery with the Mbappe transfer and the fact that they had to sign players like Kehrer and Choupo-Moting. Bayern had a much more balanced team in the final than Paris.

It remains how they react to the recent developments regarding FFP. They could very well go back to their old ways. But simply assuming that they don't think twice now before signing a 300m player is a little bit far fetched if you ask me. May be the case but doesn't have to.

Berbaclass

No deal needs to be made at all, it’s clear a club like PSG who control a fund of 258 billion quid can give Messi 100m a year, and it’s only about a 25% hike on his current deal.

Why are you who piped in making a big deal out of it? You must surely realise now that it’s a distinct possibility? Especially when Neymar’s current deal costs them at least 70m /year.
Messi won't demand £100 MIllion a year basic salary. That's why they won't pay it. They won't have to.

The overall package may be closer to that figure (with bonuses and fees) but I'm not talking about that number as I have said numerous times now.

As much as I would love to argue semantics all night, that's all from me.

Well, at the time they definitely cared, see the trickery with the Mbappe transfer and the fact that they had to sign players like Kehrer and Choupo-Moting. Bayern had a much more balanced team in the final than Paris.

It remains how they react to the recent developments regarding FFP. They could very well go back to their old ways. But simply assuming that they don't think twice now before signing a 300m player is a little bit far fetched if you ask me. May be the case but doesn't have to.
100m /year is easy to pass by FFP in fairness.

It’s nothing like 200m Neymar + 35m wages + 130m Mbappe + wages in one year. There was no way PSG could risk a one year spend of 380m quid on 2 players.

shahzy

If we look at it logically then it has to be one of the oil clubs really. They can meet

1) his £1mil a week wage demands

2)in city's case have pep guardiola and their directors are ex Barca. So he will have some familiarity there. The team also has Aguero who I'm understood he is close friends with

If it wasn't us I actually would love it for him to line up alongside Ronaldo at Juve just for the legacy of them two playing together. It would completely shatter the wage structure for juve but maybe they can both take a pay cut to make it happen