Gaming Metal Gear Solid

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
It shouldn't and it doesn't, exclusives will always be anti-consumer. Anyway, MGS 1, 2 and 5 are not exclusives so this series is far from "belonging to PlayStation".
Nah bollocks. You certainly associate MGS with playstation

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Stepping slightly away from this rumour, is there any chance Kojima could still produce a new MGS game ?

Last edited:

AaronRedDevil

Stepping slightly away with this rumour, is there any chance Kojima could still make a new MGS game ?
No chance I'd say. Reckon he'd want to be as far away as possible from that series. He wants to make new games with new ideas. Though I really want him to make the Zanzibar game.

ShinjiNinja26

It shouldn't and it doesn't, exclusives will always be anti-consumer. Anyway, MGS 1, 2 and 5 are not exclusives so this series is far from "belonging to PlayStation".

And I played MGS 3 and 4 on PC on emulators so they can feck themselves with exclusivity. :)
Most of those were made for other platforms later on apart from 5. It will always be a PlayStation game for me.:)

Bojan11

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...and-metal-gear-solid-2-are-re-releasing-on-pc

Gematsu spotted ratings for Metal Gear, Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, and Konami Collector's Series: Castlevania and Contra for PC on the Taiwan Digital Game Rating Committee. The ratings even include images. This one looks nailed on.

The Konami Collector's Series includes Castlevania, Castlevania 2 Simon's Quest, Castlevania 3 Dracula's Curse, Contra and Super Contra.

But it's the Metal Gear games that are most exciting. Unless you go down the emulation route, these games are currently unavailable on PC. Even on console, you'd have to dig out your PlayStation 3 and a copy of Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection, which includes all of the mainline Metal Gear games directed and designed by Hideo Kojima that were released from 1987 to 2012, or Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, which came out for PS3 and Xbox 360 in 2011 and includes Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2, Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 3 and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker.
unlucky @esmufc07

Woodzy

I still need to get through V but I don’t consider it part of the main series. More a spin off title for me.
V is absolutely incredible, but at the same time such a near miss it fills me with rage.

Those rehashed missions to pad the game out near the end were a disgrace, but there's lots to love up until that point.

Spoony

The People's President
I know it gets a lot of stick but I really do enjoy the second, it’s great. Tempted to play through them all again soon.
Back then I must've played every half decent game on the PS. Used to get *cough* backup games *cough* from the Colosieum in Manchester making it very affordable. Disc swapping and blu tac. ..what a time to be alive.

BristolRuss

And I played MGS 3 and 4 on PC on emulators so they can feck themselves with exclusivity. :)
MGS 3 and Peace Walker are on the Xbox as well.

Anyway, no Kojima no dice. Do not trust Konami to do a good job of this.

Irwin99

MGS1 is one of my favorite games of all time. I'm not sure how you would remake a modern version of MGS1 though as the game itself is so short. Expanding it would need a lot of care. I was really put off by some of the Twin Snakes action movie scenes so I hope they don't go down that route again.

Woodzy

I played through them all in a single week last year, i'd rate them the following:

3 (My first time playing it and it was amazing)
1 (Maybe purely nostalgia but I love it)
5 (Some of the best gameplay you will find, interesting story but not finished)
2 (Not bad, not as great as the rest)
4 (As above)

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I see.
V is absolutely incredible, but at the same time such a near miss it fills me with rage.

Those rehashed missions to pad the game out near the end were a disgrace, but there's lots to love up until that point.
Yep.
I was so overjoyed when the Chapter 2 title screen popped up too. 'Oh my god, there's going to be moooooore'

3 hours later 'What ?!I have to catch that wandering soldier again? ffs'.

evil_geko

I don't find MGS3 as nearly as good as MGS1, and I know lots of people adore MGS3, maybe because I played MGS3 a lot later than the rest so it didn't have the same impact as it did when I played the first one when I was much younger.

Bojan11

You Konami and he ever want to have contact again? It being on PS is irrelevant. He's dirt to Konami.
He is in charge of the new Silent Hill apparently. If Sony offer to remake it for Konami then he will most likely be involved. If Konami handle the remake themselves then he probably won’t be. But then don’t expect the remake to be good as Konami are useless right now. Would be better if Sony handles this one.

AaronRedDevil

I see.

Yep.
I was so overjoyed when the Chapter 2 title screen popped up too. 'Oh my god, there's going to be moooooore'

3 hours later 'What ?!I have to catch that wandering soldier again? ffs'.
My exact reaction. Such a shame. It could have such a masterpiece. There was enough story for at least 3 to 5 chapters

AaronRedDevil

MGS4 spoiler.
Am I the only one that got teary eyed when you returned to Shadow Moses.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
You Konami and he ever want to have contact again? It being on PS is irrelevant. He's dirt to Konami.
With good reason, they've gone from strength to strength financially without him.

Kojima is a star fecker who is still trying to be taken seriously by Hollywood at almost 60 years old. He peaked with MGS3, been a steep downward curve in quality from him since then.

Bojan11

With good reason, they've gone from strength to strength financially without him.

Kojima is a star fecker who is still trying to be taken seriously by Hollywood at almost 60 years old. He peaked with MGS3, been a steep downward curve in quality from him since then.
That is because of Pachinko machines. It’s not like they making amazing games without him. The only game they seem to make now is PES.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
My exact reaction. Such a shame. It could have such a masterpiece. There was enough story for at least 3 to 5 chapters
Yep.
Still, it's good to dive back into the Metal Gear Solid world now and again and just bomb shit up and knock-out sheep. But it did promise so much more than it offered.

Not a fan of Death Stranding ?
One of my best gaming experiences was playing through that.

AaronRedDevil

Yep.
Still, it's good to dive back into the Metal Gear Solid world now and again and just bomb shit up and knock-out sheep. But it did promise so much more than it offered.

I’m actually replaying MGS 5 as we speak. The gameplay is really fun. Few things I like about the game,

Ainu

Yep.

It was the biggest load of self-indulgent nonsense ever seen in video gaming. Despite that, there was a competent game hidden underneath, much like with MGS V.

evil_geko

It was the biggest load of self-indulgent nonsense ever seen in video gaming. Despite that, there was a competent game hidden underneath, much like with MGS V.
To each his own, I absolutely loved everything about Death Stranding.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
MGSV was too open for my liking. Also just way too long and repetitive.

I actually think MGS2 was my favourite. Then 3. I can't really even remember 4.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Back then I must've played every half decent game on the PS. Used to get *cough* backup games *cough* from the Colosieum in Manchester making it very affordable. Disc swapping and blu tac. ..what a time to be alive.
Game genie boot disk, and turning the whole console on its side :lol: good times...