Gaming Metal Gear Solid

BristolRuss

Something possibly being announced next week. Rumours hint it could be a remake of the first game. Watched a recent interview with David Hayter and he says it is an industry rumour too...

Then there's this.

Please be something real.
The Big Shell incident takes place on April 29th, so could be announced then? I only know the date because it happens to be my birthday and always thought it was cool whenever I played it :lol:

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
There has been talks for a while that Blue Point games are making a MGS1 remaster.

Would be amazing news if true.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I haven’t played through these games for a long time now. A remake would be amazing. Often feel MGS2 is underrated/underappreciated.
11 year old me just spent the whole time after the Tanker section wishing that Raiden would feck off and the game would just let me be Snake again. :(

Still blew my mind, of course.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I haven’t played through these games for a long time now. A remake would be amazing. Often feel MGS2 is underrated/underappreciated.
Would benefit from a remake. I tried to replay it once and the control scheme was so bad. I’m sure you couldn’t even rotate the camera.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
There has been talks for a while that Blue Point games are making a MGS1 remaster.

Really?

I read they want to make their own game after the Demons Souls remake.
But I would definitely love a MGS remake by them.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Really?

I read they want to make their own game after the Demons Souls remake.
But I would definitely love a MGS remake by them.
Yeah some rumours online, but might be a load of rubbish. Agreed though they would knock it out the park.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Best intro and opening chapter to a game ever. That was thr most next gen a game ever felt to me.

But Snake Eater was the pinnacle of the series.

Woodzy

I need reminding again but why MGS3 and not MGS (1998) ?
Could be a few reasons - MGS obviously been remade in the past, MGS 3 generally regarded as one of the best in the series, the mechanics of MGS 3 could make for a much more interesting next gen game and there’s even potential to convert to a more open world experience if they wanted to feck about with it a bit which the inevitably will

SuperiorXI

Booted that classic on an emulator the other day and forgot how long the codec chats are... just about to start the game and a conversation that seems to take half an hour about how the times change :lol: classic MGS. Even funnier after the colonel basically tells the player time is of the essence.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Can't wait for them to release it as a episodic DLC shitathon where you pay extra for the ability to get proper nutrition from eating spiders or supply drops with orange camo in them :nervous:

Woodzy

I’m gonna binge the series again during a week off I have coming up in November. I think it’s only fair.

Sweet Square

Finally got around to playing and finishing this. Overall it's most likely the best MGS game and one of the best games I've played although 5 will always be my personal favourite.

Top boss fights were of course the final with Boss and The End(Won by chasing the old guy down and lobbing grenades at the back of his head).

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Finally got around to playing and finishing this. Overall it's most likely the best MGS game and one of the best games I've played although 5 will always be my personal favourite.

Top boss fights were of course the final with Boss and The End(Won by chasing the old guy down and lobbing grenades at the back of his head).
Did you like the bit where you had to spend 30 minutes climbing a ladder? :lol:

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Nah a bit fed up with remakes. Make a new one.

Sweet Square

Replayed the first mission of MGSV Ground Zeros in years last night. Still for me the high point of the series.

Irwin99

Good game but I always felt MGS3 was a blockbuster reaction to MGS2's literary seminar. It's more fun but you don't need to think about it.

I obviously prefer 2 because I'm a pretentious twat.

https://junkerhq.net/MGS2/Analysis.html
2 is a weird one. It is a really good game with a brilliant story but the cutscenes are a little too long and Dead Cell were a bit of a let down compared to the old Foxhound squad (loved Fortune though). Probably has the best humour in the series as well; pissing off Rose when playing as Raiden always makes me laugh.

1 and 3 are my favourites. 4 is the only mainline game that I don't get on with.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Haven't played 4 in such a long time. I have fond memories of it but scared to go back in case it isn't as good as I remember.

1, 2 and 3 are all fantastic, I think I have to go with 2 as my favourite though, even though as @Irwin99 said Dead Cell weren't quite as good as Foxhound. Really ought to have a play through of them all again soon. I also thought Peace Walker was fantastic.

They also all have great soundtracks

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Good game but I always felt MGS3 was a blockbuster reaction to MGS2's literary seminar. It's more fun but you don't need to think about it.

I obviously prefer 2 because I'm a pretentious twat. This is a good analysis of its commentary on technology -> https://junkerhq.net/MGS2/Analysis.html
MGS2 was my favourite too :lol: . I loved the cut-scenes, it was like a choose your own adventure movie. The music for it was great too. Possibly my favourite game ever.

Sweet Square

I obviously prefer 2 because I'm a pretentious twat. This is a good analysis of its commentary on technology -> https://junkerhq.net/MGS2/Analysis.html
I can get why people like MGS2 but for me it has too much of look at what I've found on wikipedia Kojima to get around. Also the codec bits go on forever. Which is a shame because that tanker level at the start is so good.

Imo Kojima is great game designer but a awful storyteller.

I also thought Peace Walker was fantastic.
Peace Walker would have been brilliant but for whatever reason you can't crawl on the ground. Such a weird choice, still everything else about the game is great. You can really see the building block from Peace Walker to MGSV