Micah Richards - The Pundit

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Micah Richards almost always says really dumb shit.

I was astounded when posters were having a wank fest not long ago about him

Deery

Dreary
At least someone likes him then.

Edit.
I was a big fan of Alan Green and fully understand that I am in a minority. But I will not forgive BBC for the underhanded way they sacked him.
Yes he was controversial. But no other football commentator has come remotely close for his passion and knowledge of the game.
Alan Green was okay yeah, wasn’t it deemed to be an ageist thing he got sacked on? I think the BBC are becoming notorious for that as they have done the same with some newsreader’s, Donna Traynor for one.

matt23

Spoken like a bit of a casual fan with all due respect.
A lot of people care a lot more than it sounds like you do!
I care about the club mate I just don't take offense at people taking the piss out of the club I support...

Like the vast majority of people who went to work on Monday, had the piss took out of them and somehow managed to get on with life without trying to get anyone sacked.

Internet is different though apparently.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I don't know about his football knowledge, as I was never one to listen to radio football shows outside of live coverage, but his live game commentary was always top notch.
Yes indeed. He also Mike Ingham were excellent.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Alan Green was okay yeah, wasn’t it deemed to be an ageist thing he got sacked on? I think the BBC are becoming notorious for that as they have done the same with some newsreader’s, Donna Traynor for one.
It was very much an ageist thing as you say. The BBC are awful at always trying to attract younger audiences. But it is not always they who listen to the radio, especially football.
Whenever they play some football commentaries from a few years ago, just the sound of Alan Green passionate voice reminds me of what we are missing.
I will never forget him urging Drogba to score that penalty in the CL final, as you will see from my tag line.

Deery

Dreary
It was very much an ageist thing as you say. The BBC are awful at always trying to attract younger audiences. But it is not always they who listen to the radio, especially football.
Whenever they play some football commentaries from a few years ago, just the sound of Alan Green passionate voice reminds me of what we are missing.
I will never forget him urging Drogba to score that penalty in the CL final, as you will see from my tag line.
Very good. You could just imagine him jumping out his seat at times :lol:

SuperiorXI

I like Micah Richards. I don't expect tactical acumen from him, he's just entertaining. I wish people would stop expecting everyone in football on TV to be some sort of football genius...

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I like Micah Richards. I don't expect tactical acumen from him, he's just entertaining. I wish people would stop expecting everyone in football on TV to be some sort of football genius...
We aren't asking for a football genius, just don't say a lot of stupid shit. That's all.

Yeah hes a laugh but that's about it. I don't like watching pundits talk ignorant rubbish when its on a paid premium sports channel.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks

Edit.
I was a big fan of Alan Green and fully understand that I am in a minority. But I will not forgive BBC for the underhanded way they sacked him.
Yes he was controversial. But no other football commentator has come remotely close for his passion and knowledge of the game.
Yeah, I liked Alan Green.

SuperiorXI

We aren't asking for a football genius, just don't say a lot of stupid shit. That's all.

Yeah hes a laugh but that's about it. I don't like watching pundits talk ignorant rubbish when its on a paid premium sports channel.
What's wrong with a bit of stupid shit every now and then? Not everything has to be serious all the time, especially in this day and age stuff is depressing as it is we need a bit of light humour.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
This isn't a matter of tactical acumen. Even if you only looked at stats Benzema is an all time great for Real Madrid and you have Micah Richards barely realizing that he could be at Kane"s level.

SuperiorXI

This isn't a matter of tactical acumen. Even if you only looked at stats Benzema is an all time great for Real Madrid and you have Micah Richards barely realizing that he could be at Kane"s level.
Sure that was a rubbish take but that's football, he's not the first pundit to come out with some horseshit.

JPRouve

Scout
Sure that was a rubbish take but that's football, he's not the first pundit to come out with some horseshit.
That's not football and that's the issue. There is no way that this take comes from someone watching football and watching the players he is talking about.

SuperiorXI

That's not football and that's the issue. There is no way that this take comes from someone watching football and watching the players he is talking about.
Honestly who cares? He is paid to give his opinions, even if they're totally wrong. The reason I like him is not for his insights as I said, I'm almost expecting him to come up with some rubbish and have a laugh about it.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
What's wrong with a bit of stupid shit every now and then? Not everything has to be serious all the time, especially in this day and age stuff is depressing as it is we need a bit of light humour.
Humour is fine, but his ignorant punditry when making serious points is not.

We pay a lot of money for these channels, the standard of discussion should be a lot better than that.

The video above is a good example, hes not trying to crack jokes or keep it light hearted. He just said stupid things and was caught out.

SuperiorXI

Humour is fine, but his ignorant punditry when making serious points is not.

We pay a lot of money for these channels, the standard of discussion should be a lot better than that.

The video above is a good example, hes not trying to crack jokes or keep it light hearted. He just said stupid things and was caught out.
Fair point. But I don't think it means he should be taken off air. As I said he's not the first to say something daft.

JPRouve

Scout
Honestly who cares? He is paid to give his opinions, even if they're totally wrong. The reason I like him is not for his insights as I said, I'm almost expecting him to come up with some rubbish and have a laugh about it.
Surely you are not watching for the noise but for having a take that is actually thoughtful. If you are after comedy there is surely a better and actual comedy show somewhere else?

Personally that's why I stopped watching these things, it's a waste of time with dumbasses uttering noise. And unfortunately that's the only thing we have in Football, at least other sports have people that actual care about the game and talk somewhat seriously about it.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Fair point. But I don't think it means he should be taken off air. As I said he's not the first to say something daft.
Its more a gripe of the general standard to be fair. Theres a few like him anyway.

In CL ties I would rather listen to Henry and maybe some journalists or talkshow hosts like James Richardson, James Horncastle, Raphael Honegstein. These guys watch all European games and talk sense between them.

Its miles better than Richards or Owen or Souness, whomever they choose to chuck on to give opinions.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
If there was a curriculum for United fans, Alan Greens commentary on our 99 European Cup win (the last 10 minutes) would be on it.

Micah Richards is one of those people that's funny... a few times then it gets a little tiring.

goptun

I can't wait for the 'oh he's a good laugh' argument to die off with regards to Richards. It's a fusty unfun person thing to say, but it is possible to have a fun and engaging personality and also have some worthwhile insight.

I also massively disagree that media coverage needs more dumbing down. It already feels massively dumbed down in the main and needs dumbing up if anything.

cyberman

Didn’t help that he’s absolutely everywhere. If he isn’t doing the game on Sky he is doing the game on MOTD. It’s just non stop

BelfastRed2021

Edit.

One of the best things to come out of Belfast was Alan Green will always remember the chicken chow mein slur and the one about Stallones Limousine. Was deffo my favourite commentator he had good passion and knowledge aswell.

lsd

The Oracle
One of the best things to come out of Belfast was Alan Green will always remember the chicken chow mein slur and the one about Stallones Limousine. Was deffo my favourite commentator he had good passion and knowledge aswell.

Yes it would be be great to have the racist Liverpool fan who spent most of his matches telling us how much he hated Fergie still commentating.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
His opinion of his playing career is even more inflated than the medias opinion on him as a first rate must have pundit.

The more he’s on the worse he’s gotten.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Do you have a favourite now. John Murray is ok and Jonathan Pearce.
But apart from them, the rest are all uninspiring and sound same.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Micah's losing the run of himself a bit, the I think the attention is going to his head. Probably more famous as a pundit than footballer now.

Myopic Gary Roberts

Supports
FC
:lol: I think he's fine on MOTD where it's more lighthearted fun. Fits better there than Sky where it's always serious szn
It’s only serious cos it’s a load of chippy ex-United squaring-up against chirpy ex-Liverpool.

Was like a fecking wake when you got pumped on March 6th :lol:

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He said he was out every night(except the nights before games, even though he said two seconds before that that it was pretty much every night) while he was at City, because he didn't have any competition, he would play regardles of his form.

Another one of those we should feel sorry for injuries because it's not easy to be footballer, right?