Micah Richards - The Pundit

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Souness like him or not actually talks sense whether you agree with him or not.
Micah Richards is not a pundit. Just laughing and trying to wind up Keane as he did yesterday.

Anyway I don't listen to him.
Yeah, Souness is not an idiot. He's got that in-built anti-United thing but you can accept that when it's more nuanced than just laughing like a hyena.

SATA

Why does he feel the need to shout every time when he speaks? It’s absolutely annoying to hear and damage to my ears. Neville was right to tell him to stop ranting at one point of time

Josh 76

All the pundits are annoying

Keane repeats the same crap. Heart and desire is all he talks about.

Souness lives in the 80s

Jamie Rednapp is there just for his fading looks.

Carragher is good, but I’ve noticed how he tries to be clever by always have a little dig at Utd and mentioning how great Liverpool are. Like a kid in the play ground!

As for Richard’s, what a joke!

The best pundit I’ve heard on sky in the last few years was Jose Mourhino !

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
All the pundits are annoying

Keane repeats the same crap. Heart and desire is all he talks about.

Souness lives in the 80s

Jamie Rednapp is there just for his fading looks.

Carragher is good, but I’ve noticed how he tries to be clever by always have a little dig at Utd and mentioning how great Liverpool are. Like a kid in the play ground!

As for Richard’s, what a joke!

The best pundit I’ve heard on sky in the last few years was Jose Mourhino !
when mourinho or wenger etc are on its great because they all go pure deferential in the face of actual footballing knowledge outside of playing

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I quite liked that road to Wembley thing he did with Roy Keane. That's the sort of environment is what Micah is good for, and that sort of light hearted content will get you a million views in an instant. But when he's talking like he did yesterday, he is unbearable. He's either just shouting like a madman, or just laughing when he doesn't have an answer.

Mainoldo

G.Nev looking silly again. No shock there though. I wonder if Micah is still a loud mouth shite talker. 5-0 Conte.

Mainoldo

Why qas neville looking silly
Tried to belittle him like he normally does when he talks rubbish but no one agrees with him.

Like when he refused to call out Ole. He still thinks there’s something about us as a club which means Conte is beneath us.

goptun

G.Nev looking silly again. No shock there though. I wonder if Micah is still a loud mouth shite talker. 5-0 Conte.
I find it incredible that anyone could watch that clip and think anyone other than Micah comes out of it looking silly. Micah has been and will continue to be a loudmouth shite talker.

Mainoldo

I find it incredible that anyone could watch that clip and think anyone other than Micah comes out of it looking silly. Micah has been and will continue to be a loudmouth shite talker.
Ummmmmmmm. Make him sound like Chris Jericho

padr81

Supports
Man City
I thought he had a poor showing after the derby.

VivaRonaldo85

He reminds me of my mate when you disagree with him about something football related. He just starts shouting over you and then asks a stupid rhetorical unrelated question to try and prove a point.

Coops73

The Keane/Richards pantomime is just a little embarrassing.

Keane brooding and moody and Richards laughing so loud I nearly shat myself and dropped my wine, he just seems childish at times.

Scaring Europe to Death

Supports
Manchester City
A bit too Kriss Akabusi for me, and even as a City fan, I find him embarrassing.

I'd much rather listen to Nedum Onouha, but for some reason he doesn't tick all the Sky Football Boxes.

Scaring Europe to Death

Supports
Manchester City
Name I've not heard in a while.
You're absolutely right, and it's a shame because whilst sounding educated and tactically aware, Onouha doesn't appeal to a wider audience (unlike City's version of Kriss Akabusi who I personally can't stand as a pundit)

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
A bit too Kriss Akabusi for me, and even as a City fan, I find him embarrassing.

I'd much rather listen to Nedum Onouha, but for some reason he doesn't tick all the Sky Football Boxes.
The fact Onuoha doesn't get more high profile media appearances is something I've been harping on about a bit (I created a thread about him last summer which got the grand total of 1 response :lol:), he really deserves it. He's great.

Bondi77

This prick is a raving fecking idiot....and I can see why Skysports have him there which tells us a lot about Skysports.

Hughie77

Mediocre player mediocre at everything, but someone has given him a job because they had to. Talks bollocks but 99% of them do anyway.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I thought he was right to laugh at Roy…I was in stitches myself - he just kept going on. I didn’t really get the Neville debate - Micah seemed genuinely angry at how incompetent we are. It was weird. I generally like him though - he offers very little insight but none of them do really. It’s about entertainment.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City

The guy just fecking sucks at his job. One of the most obvious offenders in the ‘I clearly forget football exists outside of the Premier League’ crowd.

CraftySoAndSo

With pundits these days it's hard to tell if they're genuinely clueless or are told to "dumb it down" so the average armchair fan can actually understand what's being said. But i actually want really insightful analysis, and i think if they gave more detailed observations about a team, manager or player it might make us fans understand more and be less critical. Because while a lot of criticism is justified i do think it goes too far sometimes and we get on peoples backs for the smallest mistake.

But if they're going to persist with this "banter" approach without any real insight then why are they employed? They're not telling us things we don't know and in certain cases it looks like them being employed is basically like a charity. And at this point i'd much rather have no punditry and do some actual good with the pundits wages and give it to some proper charities who need and deserve it far more than these guys do.

Okey

It was kinda clear what Micah Richards was from the beginning. Just a good laugh. Now the laugh is wearing thin. He's about as insightful as a vacuum. The Benzema clip above is beyond embarrassing. You should never sit in a pundit's chair again after that.

GlasgowCeltic

Reminds me of that Shearer quote about Ben Arfa, like there’s a whole generation of English footballers who weren’t aware France existed

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
With pundits these days it's hard to tell if they're genuinely clueless or are told to "dumb it down" so the average armchair fan can actually understand what's being said. But i actually want really insightful analysis, and i think if they gave more detailed observations about a team, manager or player it might make us fans understand more and be less critical. Because while a lot of criticism is justified i do think it goes too far sometimes and we get on peoples backs for the smallest mistake.

But if they're going to persist with this "banter" approach without any real insight then why are they employed? They're not telling us things we don't know and in certain cases it looks like them being employed is basically like a charity. And at this point i'd much rather have no punditry and do some actual good with the pundits wages and give it to some proper charities who need and deserve it far more than these guys do.
Average armchair fans want to hear expert opinions, not dumbed down or simplified.
I know nothing about cricket or boxing but when I watch it I love hearing the commentators and pundits talk in detail about what's happening.

That's one thing (as well as the cost obviously) that I feel sky sports do wrong. They treat the audience like children.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He could probably do with more strings to his bow than the infectious laugh thing.

But he should absolutely be allowed and encouraged to laugh at us, and If you're genuinely offended by someone taking the piss out of your football club then you are the problem, not them.

Spoken like a bit of a casual fan with all due respect.
A lot of people care a lot more than it sounds like you do!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Richards was right yesterday. All this talking about a plan and more time.
We haven't won the the title in 9 years this season. In that period we've out spent everyone barring City possibly.

The time is now, we need to be winning now. We were 2nd last season and spent a lot in the summer.
We should be performing much better but Rangnicks just not up to the task.

Conte was the man. He wouldn't have needed a total rebuild to get us challenging.
This is just opinion.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Average armchair fans want to hear expert opinions, not dumbed down or simplified.
I know nothing about cricket or boxing but when I watch it I love hearing the commentators and pundits talk in detail about what's happening.

That's one thing (as well as the cost obviously) that I feel sky sports do wrong. They treat the audience like children.
It's the same on CBS with Richards and Carragher. I doubt US viewers enjoy their childish antics.

Deery

Dreary
But infinitely better than the bad excuse for a human being.... Robbie Savage.
Robbie Savage is extremely knowledgeable about football though and carries 606 for years with Sutton. If a fan rings in and tries to stump him he immediately has a response backed up with stats off the top of his head, a lot better than Richards ever will be. I get that he doesn’t seem to be everyone’s cup of tea but he’s really quite good and I enjoy him.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Robbie Savage is extremely knowledgeable about football though and carries 606 for years with Sutton. If a fan rings in and tries to stump him he immediately has a response backed up with stats off the top of his head, a lot better than Richards ever will be. I get that he doesn’t seem to be everyone’s cup of tea but he’s really quite good and I enjoy him.
Savage is pointlessly argumentative to the point of hounding people sometimes on 606, I think he ruins that show. Been doing it a long time though so obviously enough people disagree. I think he’s ignorant as, though.

Deery

Dreary
Savage is pointlessly argumentative to the point of hounding people sometimes on 606, I think he ruins that show. Been doing it a long time though so obviously enough people disagree. I think he’s ignorant as, though.
He can be argumentative sometimes but there are a lot of eggs ring in as well, some of the takes are crazy, City fans ringing in saying Pep has gone stale should be replaced and the like.

the_cliff

The guy just fecking sucks at his job. One of the most obvious offenders in the ‘I clearly forget football exists outside of the Premier League’ crowd.
That is actually one of the worst takes I've ever seen on TV by a former professional. Insane.

Henry's reaction says it all.

He also said something on the same show about Mbappe should be wanting to go to City over Madrid if he wants to win the UCL, apparently they have been more consistent in the UCL.

Consistently shit. I don't think he got the memo that City are the English version of PSG. CL bottlers.

Last edited:

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC

:lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The look on henrys face, i reckon even richards realised at the end that he's a tit.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
At least someone likes him then.

Edit.
I was a big fan of Alan Green and fully understand that I am in a minority. But I will not forgive BBC for the underhanded way they sacked him.
Yes he was controversial. But no other football commentator has come remotely close for his passion and knowledge of the game.

Last edited:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
At least someone likes him then.

Edit.
I was a big fan of Alan Green and fully understand that I am in a minority. But I will not forgive BBC for the underhanded way they sacked him.
Yes he was controversial. But no other football commentator has come remotely close for his passion and knowledge of the game.
I don't know about his football knowledge, as I was never one to listen to radio football shows outside of live coverage, but his live game commentary was always top notch.