Micah Richards - The Pundit

Hughie77

Think the guy had a pop at Keane, police involvement as well I think.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Probably some coked up idiot with more money than sense, no doubt he'll think he's a hard man for taking a cheap shot at Keane

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Could've just been a bit of role play.

The arsenal fan = Patrick Vieira
Micha Richards = Roy Keane
Roy Keane = Gary Neville

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
There is some story every week in the media about his "Manchester City days". Last one apparently about how he was injured while having sex. He is really not funny and the stories are not interesting, I have no idea why he gets so much media space. He seems to enjoy the attention too.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

There is some story every week in the media about his "Manchester City days". Last one apparently about how he was injured while having sex. He is really not funny and the stories are not interesting, I have no idea why he gets so much media space. He seems to enjoy the attention too.
I have no idea either. I don't know anyone who actually rates him as a pundit, and yet he seems to get an increasing amount of airtime so viewers can listen to more of his 'analysis', which primarily consists of cackling like a giant baby every 20 seconds. I can only assume he's popular with the younger audiences?

Last edited:

Ghostrider318

I have no idea either. I don't know anyone who actually rates him as a pundit, and yet he seems to get an increasing amount of airtime so viewers can listen to more of his 'analysis', which primary consists of cackling like a giant baby every 20 seconds. I can only assume he's popular with the younger audiences?
Hes good meme material which inadvertently leads to more views. Thats all that matters

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I don't mind the bits on the podcast, they're funny and it's not meant to be a serious analysis pod. Lighten up.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
I like him as a pundit. He brings a bit of comic relief and doesn't take himself seriously. Not every pundit needs to give a lesson on tactics.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I don't mind the bits on the podcast, they're funny and it's not meant to be a serious analysis pod. Lighten up.
One of his stories was one of top football news of the day on football site I visit. And it's CL football thursday/wednesday ffs.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
One of his stories was one of top football news of the day on football site I visit. And it's CL football thursday/wednesday ffs.
Maybe the problem is the football site you visit then.

Walters_19_MuFc

Maybe because people like you keep bringing it to light?

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Don't mind him, isn't a robot which is all you can ask for these days.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Compared to a personality vacuum like Jamie Redknapp he's a breath of fresh air

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Have no problems with him. Seems a genuinely nice guy, fancies himself abit but also can take people taking the mick out of him.

tomaldinho1

Big Meeks has grown on me. He’s not a great pundit if you want someone to break something tactical down but then you can’t have that for a lot time as people get bored. The Abdo, Henry, Carra, Big Meeks setup really does work and he’s ok with Lineker and Shearer.

FriedClams

Not liking Micah tells me everything I need to know about whether I’d have a drink with certain posters. Would be one dire affair. He’s fantastic, and his fellow pundits all clearly love him. I want him and ally McCoist co commentating on a game asap.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Have no problems with him. Seems a genuinely nice guy, fancies himself abit but also can take people taking the mick out of him.
Think this is key to be honest. He's confident enough to be extroverted but he's happy enough to have the piss taken which is a good combo. One feeds the other.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Not liking Micah tells me everything I need to know about whether I’d have a drink with certain posters. Would be one dire affair.
If not liking loud, unintelligent blokes who'll burst into laughter over almost anything makes you dire company at the pub then I'll gladly take that over being stuck drinking with the likes of Micah Richards and James Corden.

FriedClams

If not liking loud, unintelligent blokes who'll burst into laughter over almost anything makes you dire company at the pub then I'll gladly take that over being stuck drinking with the likes of Micah Richards and James Corden.
Richards and corden are at exact opposite ends of the authentic scale

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Richards and corden are at exact opposite ends of the authentic scale
Every time Sky cut to an ad break I have to quickly mute it to avoid listening to the cringe bastard singing in a 'we buy any car' advert. Definitely up there with Corden's loud, unfunny personality. Not arsed if Richards is more authentic. They're both migraine inducing.

redcucumber

I love that one's affinity for Micah Richards is the litmus test for whether or not they are worthy of sharing a pint with. Anybody that enthusiastic about Micah Richards has got to be a bit of an oddball, surely?

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
His "performance" on the Monday night club of the Daily BBC Football podcast summarizes him so perfectly. He'd been absent for a while and they'd been quite pleasant to listen to, but he was back in and his attitude throughout was very arrogant. He giggled and scoffed at other pundits' opinions a few times (to the point where you could tell they were getting annoyed with him, and I think it was Chapman who addressed him as a schoolkid being a nuisance in class), and had absolutely no depth to any points he made. He's really very bad at his job, if his job was to provide interesting analysis (though that's not why he keeps getting called back). But beyond that, he came across as a complete twat in the way he addressed the other people on there.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I think he is fantastic in the right environment, he has a big personality and lifts the vibe in the room. CBS is genuinely very funny and a great watch.

I would much rather listen to Richards,who doesn’t have much to say with any real depth, but makes the atmosphere fun, rather than a Neville, who also doesn’t have much to say, despite how much he talks.

Neville is often hypocritical, inconsistent and loves the sound of his own voice. I would much prefer someone who doesn’t take themselves too seriously.

Just because the likes of Neville are less fun, doesn’t make their analysis any sharper.

Zlatattack

He's great for a laugh and for story telling about football, but I don't think I've seen him do meaningful in depth analysis.

Ole'sattheWheel

I think he’s a lot more chilled out and insightful on the podcast with Linekar and Shearer “the rest is football”. I find him abit OTT whenever he’s on Sky Sports and the like, deffo gets told to act up by the producers on there, or maybe it’s the nerves of being on tv in a studio etc.

El Zoido

I think he is fantastic in the right environment, he has a big personality and lifts the vibe in the room. CBS is genuinely very funny and a great watch.

I would much rather listen to Richards,who doesn’t have much to say with any real depth, but makes the atmosphere fun, rather than a Neville, who also doesn’t have much to say, despite how much he talks.

Neville is often hypocritical, inconsistent and loves the sound of his own voice. I would much prefer someone who doesn’t take themselves too seriously.

Just because the likes of Neville are less fun, doesn’t make their analysis any sharper.
It’s quite sad that these are seemingly our only choices. Annoying with nothing to say or boring with nothing to say.

I spent a lot of time in the USA when I was younger, and the quality of sports punditry is so much higher across the board. It’s much more professional, the pundits are more knowledgeable, and better-spoken. Over here we seem to value entertainment and social media engagement ahead of actual high quality punditry. You’d really expect it to be the other way around.

Oldyella

He's great for a laugh and for story telling about football, but I don't think I've seen him do meaningful in depth analysis.
Yeah, and that's fine. If everyone on a show behaved like him it would be awful, but you need a mix of characters. And as others have said, the fact he can take a joke as well is a big help.

tomaldinho1

I think he’s a lot more chilled out and insightful on the podcast with Linekar and Shearer “the rest is football”. I find him abit OTT whenever he’s on Sky Sports and the like, deffo gets told to act up by the producers on there, or maybe it’s the nerves of being on tv in a studio etc.
Even Shearer is better on that - he's so boring on BBC but actually comes out of his shell on that podcast. Nice to have Micah on it just as the other two are getting on and you need fresh stories!

georgipep

He is equally clueless about football, tactics and team dynamics on both, unfortunately.