Micah Richards - The Pundit

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Henry and that presenter seem to have some hostility towards micah (start from 2min onwards). Am I the only one seeing it ?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I’m sure they’ll work on it before the end of the season (since we are seemingly weeks away from announcing a new manager) but it does seem like it’s a consultancy role as per advertised when he joined?
The thing about Ralph is nothing has changed, results kind of doesn’t matter. It’s still a rebuild this summer with a new manager with someone who has worked day in, day out with the squad working in tandem with him.
How can an interim be better than that? Or do we follow Micah and hire Conte who the board didn’t want in the first place so we can wait for someone we do want? This is honestly the first time I’ve seen our club look long term in years and to paint it negatively is ridiculous.
Who wasn't? Richards? He's always talking rubbish. And sometimes laughing.

I don't get the nitpicking by some posters (often BL fans from what I've seen so far) about what his role will be or his input into decisions. The mere fact he was recruited as an interim coach with this consultancy role for a couple of years on top of it clearly indicates the club sees him as someone who can provide big input into the club's internal rebuilding/restructuring, which is clearly something the club wants to tackle now.

Neville doesn't speak of Rangnick's future as if he's going to be DoF, you're just spinning it that way to underline your questioning about his role. Neville has highlighted other people's roles in Utd's structure, and indicated that Rangnick could have a big role in the appointment of the future manager, also acknowledging the club could pass on his input. Beyond the nomination of the future manager, there are many other things that will surely be adapted regarding the inner workings of the club over the coming years, and the upper management seems to be aware of it - why otherwise give a TWO year consultancy role to a guy known as a "club builder"?

A lot of this is short sighted reactionism to disappointing results, and Neville's suppositions absolutely make sense when you look at the big picture and the signals coming from the club. Also the fact he is a consultant and not the ultimate decision maker doesn't fundamentally matter - anyone who's worked in a company on big projects with consultants will know that they can have as big a role, if not bigger, than the people sanctioning the decisions.
Why do people keep asking this? Hansi Fick asked it on the last page as well. We don't know what Rangnick's exact role will be, how could we? Does anyone know what anyone's precise role is in the upper management positions of football clubs? The facts are that he is a highly experienced 'club builder' (so to speak) who has been brought on as an interim manager, with an additional 2-year placement come the summer. Whether you want to disregard the notion that he will be involved when he transitions to the backroom staff is up to you, but the plan is surely quite obvious. He'll have managed the team for over half a year, his opinion you'd have thought will be well regarded, and he's got another 2 years left on his contract.

Technically Richard Arnold is the only senior figure that can sanction official decisions, though Murtough, Marcel Bout, Fletcher (and Rangnick in due course) etc. will obviously be very significant parts of the decision-making processes.
hi :angel:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Henry and that presenter seem to have some hostility towards micah (start from 2min onwards). Am I the only one seeing it ?

Micah knows feck all so I wouldn't be surprised. Quite sure Henry doesn't even respect his views after he dismissed Benzemas talents not long ago.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Watching the CBS CL coverage. Henry speaks a lot of sense, Kate Abdo is magnificent in every sense, Carragher is just typical Carragher, but Micah fecking Richards is such a clown. He’s always just making silly noises, shrieking, talking interminable bollocks. The schtick was okay at first, especially offset against Keane, but wore think very quickly. Over time it has become one of the most annoying things in punditry. I’d go as far as to say he’s the worst pundit on the box currently.

the_cliff

Watching the CBS CL coverage. Henry speaks a lot of sense, Kate Abdo is magnificent in every sense, Carragher is just typical Carragher, but Micah fecking Richards is such a clown. He’s always just making silly noises, shrieking, talking interminable bollocks. The schtick was okay at first, especially offset against Keane, but wore think very quickly. Over time it has become one of the most annoying things in punditry. I’d go as far as to say he’s the worst pundit on the box currently.
Agreed, he's become more of a joker than a pundit. People listen to him more for the laughs than any talk of football.

Him and Keane do crack me up but it is a bit dry with Carra and Henry.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
I got why people liked it at first. It’s clearly gone to his head though. Medicore player and terrible pundit whose raking it in and offers no real insight into anything.

Isn’t he doing a league of their own now? Might be a better environment for him.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Not shrieking with laughter is he now, the bicep curling city bastard.

Gazautd18

Looking a right mug here saying City are not better just different with H. Land

GlasgowCeltic

I do like him but he’s Jenas with a sense of humour really, another thin skinned nothing player offering zero insight when the moment calls for it

Vapor trail

Disagree with what he's saying, Haaland isn't the issue, the team in and around him is. I think you put two faster wingers either side of him he's a more dangerous player. Countless times Grealish didn't track back quickly enough and Mahrez to track runners. It created spaces for Spurs to get into. Carragher saying City are easier to play counter attacking football against is 100% correct.

Think that Spurs performance was a 5/10 performance in terms of actual threat and consistency yet they won the game easily. City will only do decently when a team goes at them because the defensive line they play against will be higher giving Haaland space to run into. KDB being off the field certainly didn't help either.

Lecland07

Looking a right mug here saying City are not better just different with H. Land
He is correct. This is last season for the same period compared to this one:

21/22 - 56 points - 54 goals scored ; 13 goals conceded (GD: 41)

22/3 - 45 points - 51 goals scored ; 21 goals conceded (GD: 32)

So, they had 11 more points at this stage and a superior GD by 9. Despite all of Haaland's goals, they are actually scoring less this season than in the last one. They have also given up possession that leads to more chances created and less threat to their defence.

Haaland is a very good player, but he has not made them better. In fact, they are worse.

cyberman

His framing of City being in a better position that Arsenal pre game was a fecking sight to behold.
if it were Neville he would rightfully be called out in it

Last edited:

Gazautd18

He is correct. This is last season for the same period compared to this one:

21/22 - 56 points - 54 goals scored ; 13 goals conceded (GD: 41)

22/3 - 45 points - 51 goals scored ; 21 goals conceded (GD: 32)

So, they had 11 more points at this stage and a superior GD by 9. Despite all of Haaland's goals, they are actually scoring less this season than in the last one. They have also given up possession that leads to more chances created and less threat to their defence.

Haaland is a very good player, but he has not made them better. In fact, they are worse.
That's the point!
He was asked if they are better or worse with Haaland.
No. had to say they're different.
Blinkered twat.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I got why people liked it at first. It’s clearly gone to his head though. Medicore player and terrible pundit whose raking it in and offers no real insight into anything.

Isn’t he doing a league of their own now? Might be a better environment for him.
He is a better pundit than lescott and Niall Quinn so he gets straight in because sky have to have at least one ex city player for punditry duties.

Same goes for hasselbaink he's only employed because there is no one else, although he is absolutely terrible, much worse than Richards.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
He is a better pundit than lescott and Niall Quinn so he gets straight in because sky have to have at least one ex city player for punditry duties.

Same goes for hasselbaink he's only employed because there is no one else, although he is absolutely terrible, much worse than Richards.
I remember them bringing Noel Gallagher in :lol:
now they’re just stuck with Richards.

GlasgowCeltic

his CBS role is perfect for him, Henry and Carragher do the heavy lifting and he can chip in to keep it light

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
He's awful. Never has anything interesting to add and is basically just a comic relief sidekick. Kevin Hart can play him in the Hollywood adaptation.

Mou Mou Land

He is dreadful, but one must remember that thankfully he is NOT Clinton Morrison............

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Very deferential to Keane just now, admitting that his and Neville's opinions are worth less than Keane's due to his stature as a player.

Remember the geese

Very deferential to Keane just now, admitting that his and Neville's opinions are worth less than Keane's due to his stature as a player.
Also referred to himself and Neville as being in the same class. Merely "good players". Neville was a far better player than Micah Richards.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Also referred to himself and Neville as being in the same class. Merely "good players". Neville was a far better player than Micah Richards.
Good point, didn't think about it like that :lol: No wonder GNev looked peeved. The presenter also rinsed him about his attire. Bad day for the Neviller.

Jericho

He's kind of like the Brendan Schaub of punditry, for anyone who gets that reference.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Richards had the potential to be a Neviller. But a couple of seasons of top form and being finished by upper mid 20s totally blows that out of the water.

Oranges038

Just saw this.

Not sure what the context is, but this guy must have pissed him off no end to end up pinned up like that.