Michael Carrick | 2021/22 Interim-Interim Manager Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

romufc

I don’t care that Chelsea beat City in a competition. Shit happens. City are clearly better as the table would tell you last year.
There is no reason why a manger should play Bruno as the leading attacker. Had no idea Cavani was injured by the way.

In my opinion we have a better team than Chelsea. The difference is down to Mangers.
First time I am see someone that does not care that a team won the CL. Clearly the CL doesn't matter?

The bolded part is quite hypocritical, first you don't care Chelsea beat them, then you talk about the winners last season. Chelsea are top of the league this season, does that not matter? They've scored more goals than City as well.

Our team is not better than Chelsea's, they have a superior squad. Their back line and midfield is much better than ours.

2 of their CM's were in the top 10 players of the year.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Scholes, Kean , GN all taking turns to shit on Carrick when they defended previous guy through all the mess. They're either over-compensating or pissed that he staid. Carricks has shown me more in 2 games thanOle in 3 seasons. Not afraid of the players at all.
This. He's rotating players like a boss, and still got the right response from players on the field.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I think it is also about trying to bring some organisation into a team that Watford walked through. What I saw yesterday was a marked improvement from what I saw in the Watford game, it wasn't pretty, but at the moment pretty is a long way off. Realistically speaking, those results are the best I think the team could have achieved given the absolute bloody state they were in a week ago.

I'm not sure what people expected him to achieve in one week?
It's fecking mind boggling, isn't it? We've just had the worst results and these feckng lunatics are expecting a caretaker manager to transform us into this dominating all conquering Team in two tough and important AWAY games within a few days to a week in charge.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'm quite excited to see how he takes on Arsenal.

I know everything is looking very defensive under Carrick but I wonder if that's because he realises how strong the defensive structure needs to be at United - even in his first 2 games.
Hopefully he can keep it up but also know that Arsenal are there for the taking too.

I feel like this because if he manages 3 good games as Interim - I can imagine him learning quite a bit from Rangnick like Tuchel and Klopp did. So there maybe a future for his managerial ability too.

1. You look at Carrick learning the man management, counter attacking and never say die attitude at United from managers like SAF and Ole.
  2. Learning the Gegenpressing abilities from someone like Rangnick.
  3. The park the bus ability of Jose Mourinho's teams
  4. Learning the older Possesion football from Van Gaal and possibly even the modern version of Possesion football under our plausible next manager in Ten Hag.

Who knows? - Carrick might show the ability to grow behind the scene to be a very good manager for us one day.

Last edited:

IrishRedDevil

"Press, counter attack, all a lot of nonsense, it's all got a bit silly now hasn't it, we want to be a winning team"

Wtf :houllier: Could he be anymore clueless? How can a coach of Manchester United not believe in tactics and styles of play?

Red00012

"Press, counter attack, all a lot of nonsense, it's all got a bit silly now hasn't it, we want to be a winning team"

Wtf :houllier: Could he be anymore clueless? How can a coach of Manchester United not believe in tactics and styles of play?
Who speaks of these tactics? You play until ball goes in net and we go again

Aye, that and him picking McFred is a worry for him long term as a coach.
I’ve been defending him but wow, that statement is just…. Wow.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
I think he's essentially saying, the games become very analytical, there's a name for every sort of tactic going. The be all and end all is that United want to be a winning team by any means.

pacifictheme

Good for him. Probably his last game managing us. Great little record, probably as much as anyone could have hoped.

el3mel

Thanks for making me enjoy watching United again after Ole's shitshow.

Did his job as a caretaker perfectly. Thanks for those 3 games.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Done his reputation a lot of good after being one of Ole’s coaches.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
He did well! Definitely potential as a manger.

OverratedOpinion

Whether he is a great coach who was under crap managers or he was a big part of the problem I have no idea. What I do know is he stepped up when needed and did a really solid job, in the context of our season he took over at one of the most stressful times possible and deserved 3 wins out of 3 after a dodgy penalty and an absolute freak goal.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Considering we were being thrashed by everyone and he was there for it, he’s done incredibly well to get what he did out of these three games.

lost7

Had a tough run, but he did extremely well considering.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
You can't knock him too much over the 3 games. Did performances change much? No. Did we look beaten at any point? No.

Under Ole we looked beaten every game excluding Spurs for 2 months ffs.

The United

Pretty good at steadying the ship. I think the new guy will use him. Carrick is exactly not stranger to direct fast football with a quick thinking passer himself as well when he was playing.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Unbeaten.

Even sir matt busby and sir alex ferguson couldn't claim such a feat.

Zoo

Really impressed with the way he has handled himself, has made some big calls and did really well in a trying week. Well done Mike!

el3mel

Unbeaten.

Even sir matt busby and sir alex ferguson couldn't claim such a feat.
Contender for the best manager in United history ? :D :D

This reminds me of Big Sam's 100% win record with England NT. :lol:

NK86

Considering we were being thrashed by everyone and he was there for it, he’s done incredibly well to get what he did out of these three games.
And they were 3 pretty tough games considering the strength and form of our opposition. Maybe he could have done better against City too. Well done nonetheless. Arrested our freefall. Now it's up to Rangnick to take us up multiple levels.

Hurts to hear the commentators talking about the Big 3 and how the teams in today's match are nowhere near them. We have to be back to where we belong soon.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
fecking love him. We looked like we could score anytime we attacked.

abailey123

He could easily be the best Fergie ‘manager’ he was a very intelligent footballer, criminally underrated by non reds and England. He needs to do his apprenticeship under Ralf and keep improving as a coach

* Edit - this was posted before he announced he was leaving. Very surprised

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Played 3 won 2 and 1 draw, stopped the rot for now and gives a bit of momentum for the new gaffer. Job well done.

KeanoMagicHat

I didn’t see much that Carrick showed that Ole didn’t until the recent collapse. None of the 3 performances were that good apart from the results. However, he did the job he was given, so fair play.

Status
Not open for further replies.