Michael Olise

luke511

Amad has had two starts this season and all of a sudden he is irreplaceable. You can’t make it up.

All three of our positions need upgrading. Olise and another CF is a must.

Rashford and Garnacho are fine for the left side this summer but if we decide to sell him I wouldn’t be surprised if Sancho stays.
He'd have a lot more if it wasn't for Ten Hag's stubbornness, Rashford should've been dropped for him as far back as January.

croadyman

I am not against signing him provided that it's not at the cost of a CB, CDM or ST of course. We also shouldn't think what happens to Amad minutes if he came in either, competition for places is a good thing.

El Jefe

Amad has had two starts this season and all of a sudden he is irreplaceable. You can’t make it up.

All three of our positions need upgrading. Olise and another CF is a must.

Rashford and Garnacho are fine for the left side this summer but if we decide to sell him I wouldn’t be surprised if Sancho stays.
It's been weird to read on here in the last week that our right wing is all fine. How people can be ok with Garnacho and Amad going into next season is quite crazy. The teams below comfortably have a better pair of right wingers/forwards than we do.

City - Foden, Bernardo Silva
Arsenal - Saka, Jesus
Liverpool - Salah, Elliot
Villa - Bailey, Diaby
West Ham - Bowen, Kudus
Chelsea - Madueke, Palmer

That's without mentioning teams that have better first choice options like Olise and Neto.

I can't think of many other positions where we would rank lower than 7/8th best positionally in the league so RW is a big problem too if we decide to move on from the unwanted but highly talented duo out on loan.

luke511

It's been weird to read on here in the last week that our right wing is all fine. How people can be ok with Garnacho and Amad going into next season is quite crazy. The teams below comfortably have a better pair of right wingers/forwards than we do.

City - Foden, Bernardo Silva
Arsenal - Saka, Jesus
Liverpool - Salah, Elliot
Villa - Bailey, Diaby
West Ham - Bowen, Kudus
Chelsea - Madueke, Palmer

That's without mentioning teams that have better first choice options like Olise and Neto.

I can't think of many other positions where we would rank lower than 7/8th best positionally in the league so RW is a big problem too if we decide to move on from the unwanted but highly talented duo out on loan.
:lol: It’s okay, you’ll eventually realise Amad is a fantastic player.

luke511

Not denying he has the potential but shouldn't pass on signing this guy for that reason
If we sign 2/3 centre mids, 2/3 centre backs, a left back, a right back and a striker first, with £60 million left over, then fair enough. I can’t see it though.

croadyman

If we sign 2/3 centre mids, 2/3 centre backs, a left back, a right back and a striker first, with £60 million left over, then fair enough. I can’t see it though.
Signing additional CM and CB is very much dependent on outgoings by the sounds of it, also don't see us signing LB & RB either. Personally feel that a LB would be bigger priority as Shaw fitness concerns

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
We're not going to sign a RB we already have a good first choice one.

luke511

Not sure what's funny unless you think Amad is better than most of the players listed here?
I think he'd come close to Foden and Silva's level for City if he played in that team. Foden, Silva, Saka and Palmer edge him currently due to experience but he has the potential to reach around their level next season if he's trusted with a starting role.

El Jefe

I think he'd come close to Foden and Silva's level for City if he played in that team. Foden, Silva, Saka and Palmer edge him currently due to experience but he has the potential to reach around their level next season.
From your previous posts I thought you were a little excited about Amad but reading the post above no wonder you think our RW is fine. I think you'll find your expectations aren't realistic at all and doubt anyone will share your view on this.

Even if you think he has that top end potential which is extremely optimistic, thinking he could reach that next season has me speechless.

luke511

From your previous posts I thought you were a little excited about Amad but reading the post above no wonder you think our RW is fine. I think you'll find your expectations aren't realistic at all and doubt anyone will share your view on this.

Even if you think he has that top end potential which is extremely optimistic, thinking he could reach that next season has me speechless.
Speechless :lol: how dramatic. I rate him highly, going off your comments in his player thread that you've been called out for, you don't. It's alright.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Fabrizzio Romano: "
This is a list of players who’ve been left of France squad for Euro 2024 list! ❌

Michael Olise, Malo Gusto, Mohamed Simakan, Jean Clair Todibo, Ben Yedder, Christopher Nkunku, Mattéo Guendouzi, Axel Disasi, Jean-Philippe Mateta, Jordan Veretout and Moussa Diaby will not travel to Germany.

Insane amount of players produced by France "
Olise and Todibo are both actively discussed as targets for United's Summer signings

It doesn't inspire huge excitement to hear that they didnt make their national teams

CtrlAltDeLigt

I think he'd come close to Foden and Silva's level for City if he played in that team. Foden, Silva, Saka and Palmer edge him currently due to experience but he has the potential to reach around their level next season if he's trusted with a starting role.
Comparing Amad to these players bar palmer is almost disrespectful.
Saka, Foden and Silva have given consistent performance for more than almost 2 seasons now.

Consistent Goal and Assist output in PL, Amad has had 2/3 good games and suddenly he’s the new Garnacho.

He’s young and will go through ups and downs till he matures hopefully. We can’t go into the next season with 2 half decent kids under PL pressure.

Olise maybe to just have someone more creative apart from Bruno.

Lu Tze

Anyone suggesting we sign players with iffy injury histories has actually vacated their senses.

Borussia Teeth

Olise and Todibo are both actively discussed as targets for United's Summer signings

It doesn't inspire huge excitement to hear that they didnt make their national teams
I couldn't care less about this to be honest. They're both young players with plenty of time to establish themselves at international level. It will also mean that we can get the business done early as they won't be focusing on the tournament.

AneRu

Every spot in that front three can and should be upgraded.
Hojlund, Rashford, Garnacho, Amad and Antony can be upgraded. Less so for Amad seeing he has not had a fair crack at the whip and Garnacho has struggled with physicality and consistency
At what opportunity cost should be the question we ask ourselves. Lisandro Martinez and Luke Shaw have been sick notes for a whole season plus some change, do we expect the situation to improve miraculously? We have let Varane go and should be offloading Casemiro. These four positions need genuine quality and that's where the biggest chunk of our budget and effort should go to, after that a striker and then if we still have money a Right Winger.

We can not operate as if we have an unlimited budget and then wake up towards the commencement of the season without the critical signings the team desperately needs. If the budget is there to fulfill those needs then by all means we can sign him but I would be scathing in my criticism if we drop £60m on Olise then have to scrap the bottom of the barrel for defensive signings after shipping in nearly 90 goals or find Wan Bissaka at LB after Shaw limps off the pitch during the first match after the window has closed.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Currently there's a power vacuum at United. The sporting director is on gardening leave, Wilcox started few weeks ago and there's no one whose experienced enough to truly assessing what's wrong in the football setup and tackle it. We would make signings of course. However I can see INEOS relying on two sort of players ie the tap ins (great talent who are value for money and are versatile) and youth talent on a bargain. These sort of players will either adapt in most systems or could be easily sold if it doesn't work out.

Olise represent the former. He's 22, he's EPL proven, he's got a minimum fee clause and he can play as RW and as no 10. His stats are quite significant. Last year he was an assist machine ie 11 assists in 37 games. This year he sacrificed some of his assists in exchange for goals (10 goals and 5 assists in 18 games). That suggest a great player who can adapt in different roles (assist or goal machine) and still be effective.

Injuries are a concern but it mostly hamstring injury. That's annoying and will strip players out of game time but its not a career breaker. Most pacey players had it including Giggs and Messi (12-14). It's about finding the right training for the person and stick to it.

Regarding fee there are rumors that Palace would be interested to AWB. Could that drive the price down?

RoLo

I’m not thrilled by this news I have to say, given more pressing needs in other positions. I don’t think he’s a world beater either. Would rather see Amad getting the spot and we sort out the spine of our team. Build the nucleus first. 2CB, DM, CM, Striker.
What news? Not been through the whole thread but has their been a concrete link through a trusted source?

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
Balanced perspectives
If we're insistent on signing a winger the left side is more urgent, Rashford needs replacing.
This is exactly what plays through my mind when I’m reading this thread. We’re weaker on the L than the R and should be protecting our good young players.

Notwithstanding the wings there are more pressing areas where I think we’ll need to spend money.

Olise is a lovely footballer to be fair though

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Why does that matter? Bruce, Pallister, Cole, to name a few United players who were constantly overlooked by England. Didn’t stop them turning it on for United.
besides anyone can tell you that the French coach has his go to favourites

luke511

Comparing Amad to these players bar palmer is almost disrespectful.
Saka, Foden and Silva have given consistent performance for more than almost 2 seasons now.

Consistent Goal and Assist output in PL, Amad has had 2/3 good games and suddenly he’s the new Garnacho.

He’s young and will go through ups and downs till he matures hopefully. We can’t go into the next season with 2 half decent kids under PL pressure.

Olise maybe to just have someone more creative apart from Bruno.
Palmer is up there with those players on current form, and he was in the same situation as Amad last season. A year of starting games in the PL can make a world of difference. I’m not saying he will, but he has the potential to, going off his technical ability.

lysglimt

Scout
Why does that matter? Bruce, Pallister, Cole, to name a few United players who were constantly overlooked by England. Didn’t stop them turning it on for United.
besides anyone can tell you that the French coach has his go to favourites
Yup - and this was during the time when the England-side was crowded with superb players in those positions

Bruce and Pallister were up against Adams, Walker, Parker, Wright, Butcher and Keown to name some

As for Cole - he had the "pleasure" of competing against Sheringham, Wright, Beardsley, Shearer, Sutton, Ferdinand, Fowler, Owen etc

If you were 6th choice for England - you were still pretty damn good :)

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Yup - and this was during the time when the England-side was crowded with superb players in those positions

Bruce and Pallister were up against Adams, Walker, Parker, Wright, Butcher and Keown to name some

As for Cole - he had the "pleasure" of competing against Sheringham, Wright, Beardsley, Shearer, Sutton, Ferdinand, Fowler, Owen etc

Re Cole he was more up against hoddle and his preconceptions

as for Bruce and pally I’d have them over wright, Walker etc

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
I couldn't care less about this to be honest. They're both young players with plenty of time to establish themselves at international level. It will also mean that we can get the business done early as they won't be focusing on the tournament.
Good point about this allowing to do business earlier. We do need that :) As long as we won't regret signing them...

lysglimt

Scout
Re Cole he was more up against hoddle and his preconceptions

as for Bruce and pally I’d have them over wright, Walker etc
As much as I liked Cole - he was not a top-3 English striker

As for Bruce and Pallister - I would have them over a few of those players - but Des Walker was a very good defender, and unlike most of the others he was up against - he had pace.

croadyman

Anyone suggesting we sign players with iffy injury histories has actually vacated their senses.
There seems to be a feeling from the Palace fans on here a lot of his injury issues are due to being rushed back too quick by Hodgson

davidmichael

I don’t know why people keep posting this rather than simply reading through the thread, Palace fans and reports before suggested it was poor management by Hodgson due to him being worried about Palace struggling then bringing him back way too early that caused the hamstring injuries but since the new bloke went in there’s been nothing at all.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Amazing player but his injury record can't be discounted.
I was speaking to a Palace season ticket holder in my office a few days back about his injuries.

He said that the injury was on international duty and then Roy rushed him back which caused him to get injured again.

He doesn’t see him as injury prone at all.

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
Balanced perspectives

The France squad isn’t too shabby right now to be fair!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Not sure what Olise's situation is internationally and who he would choose to represent.
But Todibo not making France's team isn't exactly something to hold against him. They've got the biggest reach of players available to them out of any nation!

If he wasn't making a San Marino, Faroe Islands, Scotland, Finland type level, then you could raise this point.

fps

This is a real Championship Manager take. There is no evidence at all that he could reach those levels, none.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Jesus Christ. Amad is going to be one of the best players in world football? After two matches? The lad is a talented but that’s setting himself up for guaranteed failure.

luke511

This is a real Championship Manager take. There is no evidence at all that he could reach those levels, none.
Jesus Christ. Amad is going to be one of the best players in world football? After two matches? The lad is a talented but that’s setting himself up for guaranteed failure.
I think he has potential to be one of the best right wingers in the league after a season of starts behind him. Quote me on it.