Michael Olise

3KDré

It means competition, which is healthy. Hopefully it also means the end of Antony.
You are right. I just don't see the minutes for Amad . A 60m signing is likely to get the most minutes. At 10 there is Bruno and Mount and at 9 there is Hojlund + 1 new striker. It is still a good thing, no doubt. Ten Hag doesn't rotate much, so if he is still here I hope he uses the squad more.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
As good as he is, I'd rather us sign a left winger after selling Rashford. Amad, Garnacho, Mount as options with Lacey and Mantato looking to break through should be fine. We have more urgent positions to sort.
I’d like a LW too, although Rashford will probably stay, so the thinking is Rashford and Garnacho I presume.

croadyman

I’d like a LW too, although Rashford will probably stay, so the thinking is Rashford and Garnacho I presume.
Yeah unless PSG do a Xavi/Tuchel u-turn then fully expect Rashford to still be here next season

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Rashford, Garnacho, olise and Amad would be a very healthy winger group and they should all have plenty of opportunities for minutes there. Though it'll be tougher without European football to satisfy that. The depth needed with no Europe is much smaller, so I wouldn't be against a loan for Amad next season if we don't qualify for any cup, and keep Antony as the 4th choice another season. Amads development is important and he needs to play but he won't play enough next season if we get Olise (which I would agree with getting, though preference would be Nico Williams).

Baneofthegame

I wonder if we sell Bruno he could also fill in at 10, as someone said above we would have a healthy rotation of wingers if everyone stays and we add Olise.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I wonder if we sell Bruno he could also fill in at 10, as someone said above we would have a healthy rotation of wingers if everyone stays and we add Olise.
Has he played in a 10 before? I'm unsure about his work rate and build up from deeper areas. He's a very good player when ghosting in from the wing and getting involved. And he's also happy to go on the outside with some great deliveries.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Rashford, Garnacho, olise and Amad would be a very healthy winger group and they should all have plenty of opportunities for minutes there. Though it'll be tougher without European football to satisfy that. The depth needed with no Europe is much smaller, so I wouldn't be against a loan for Amad next season if we don't qualify for any cup, and keep Antony as the 4th choice another season. Amads development is important and he needs to play but he won't play enough next season if we get Olise (which I would agree with getting, though preference would be Nico Williams).
There's plenty of potential in that group, but it would be a gamble going into the season with those 4. We'd be needing a couple of them to take the next step pretty quickly and/or Rashford to turn himself around.

Darlington Padgett

We can't take that risk, Olise has already missed 3 months this year and missed 5 months last year. We can't loan out Amad and hope for Olise to stay fit considering his injury record.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We can't take that risk, Olise has already missed 3 months this year and missed 5 months last year. We can't loan out Amad and hope for Olise to stay fit considering his injury record.
You don't sign him if you are concerned about the injuries. People don't realize the effects of no European football. It's 1 game a week, all season. You can get by with literally 0 rotation. Players don't need to be subbed as often. Players don't pick up anywhere near as many injuries. Your 3rd choice winger will feel short on minutes, let alone your 4th choice winger. Amad is concerned about his minutes this season, it would be even worse next season despite proving himself more now.

With no Europe, he can stay as a 3rd choice, or has to go on loan. Otherwise we are hurting our own future by stifling his development further. It's a dumb thing to do. We have a potential star on our hands and he has to be developed properly. You give him the minutes he needs one way or another. If you "need" 4 wingers in a year with no Europe, then keep Antony as that 4th choice who we know isn't the future here so yim becoming unhappy isn't a big deal.

Hughes35

Olise has the potential to be a great signing. Finally the proper profile of player we should be targeting and in a position we desperately need filling.

Hopefully we get this done early, followed up by another CM, ST and CB. Be good to get some good business done early in the window.

Woziak

You don't sign him if you are concerned about the injuries. People don't realize the effects of no European football. It's 1 game a week, all season. You can get by with literally 0 rotation. Players don't need to be subbed as often. Players don't pick up anywhere near as many injuries. Your 3rd choice winger will feel short on minutes, let alone your 4th choice winger. Amad is concerned about his minutes this season, it would be even worse next season despite proving himself more now.

With no Europe, he can stay as a 3rd choice, or has to go on loan. Otherwise we are hurting our own future by stifling his development further. It's a dumb thing to do. We have a potential star on our hands and he has to be developed properly. You give him the minutes he needs one way or another. If you "need" 4 wingers in a year with no Europe, then keep Antony as that 4th choice who we know isn't the future here so yim becoming unhappy isn't a big deal.
You always need 4 options, to give you different ways to win matches. It’s about time fans remember this is Man United, yes a United in the doldrums but one with all its current resources should always be in the top 4/5 ALWAYS.

Chelsea went deep in both cup competitions like we did last year and to a lesser extent this year. That means 46-48 games, with the current state of medical department and injuries we need a squad of 26/27 not 32/33 of Chelsea but a squad that can cope with 5 or 6 injuries each month and still have an effective bench not 65% under 18’s.

We lost so many points this season not just because of injuries but because we had no attacking depth to change games from the bench. We need 6 or 7 attacking option and 6 or 7 midfield options.

Elise is young, averages only 30 Matches per season based on last 3 years but currently has 15 goal and assists in 18 PL. I’m actually impressed by the players we are targeting because it suggests that Wilcox and Ineos have a defined way and structure of playing.

I did some research on Wilcox who was City under 18 coach for City he liked to play a flat 433 with Phil Foden as the playmaker coming deep to dictate play, Two wide men one as a playmaker like Sancho the other one more direct with Frimpong being the overlapping full back. What’s interesting is how he sees the midfield, similar to Pep before he played 4 CB’s in the defence. The other full back smith would come in and play inverted or sometimes play in Midfield.

He likes to dominate the ball and sometimes he would play B Diaz and Foden in midfield all playing in a flat 3 with one ball winner and two CB’s higher up.

We definitely improved technically against Arsenal and Newcastle, with the midfield structure changing. Wilcox defintely knows his football more so than Ashworth, he’s a PL winner and worked at City with glowing praise for 12 years. Maybe he’s actually hit it off with ETH and he’s reporting back upstairs that No coach would have a chance with the current structure.

I’d love to see Olise and Amad fight it out for right wing playmaker and Frimpong and Dalot fighting out at right back. On the left we can go for a more speedy solution with Garnaucho and Rashford, however we really need to buy a left back, if money was no object I’d go get Theo Hernandez although Alt Nouri or Miguel Gutierrez would both be more than suitable.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
You always need 4 options, to give you different ways to win matches. It’s about time fans remember this is Man United, yes a United in the doldrums but one with all its current resources should always be in the top 4/5 ALWAYS.

Chelsea went deep in both cup competitions like we did last year and to a lesser extent this year. That means 46-48 games, with the current state of medical department and injuries we need a squad of 26/27 not 32/33 of Chelsea but a squad that can cope with 5 or 6 injuries each month and still have an effective bench not 65% under 18’s.

We lost so many points this season not just because of injuries but because we had no attacking depth to change games from the bench. We need 6 or 7 attacking option and 6 or 7 midfield options.

Elise is young, averages only 30 Matches per season based on last 3 years but currently has 15 goal and assists in 18 PL. I’m actually impressed by the players we are targeting because it suggests that Wilcox and Ineos have a defined way and structure of playing.

I did some research on Wilcox who was City under 18 coach for City he liked to play a flat 433 with Phil Foden as the playmaker coming deep to dictate play, Two wide men one as a playmaker like Sancho the other one more direct with Frimpong being the overlapping full back. What’s interesting is how he sees the midfield, similar to Pep before he played 4 CB’s in the defence. The other full back smith would come in and play inverted or sometimes play in Midfield.

He likes to dominate the ball and sometimes he would play B Diaz and Foden in midfield all playing in a flat 3 with one ball winner and two CB’s higher up.

We definitely improved technically against Arsenal and Newcastle, with the midfield structure changing. Wilcox defintely knows his football more so than Ashworth, he’s a PL winner and worked at City with glowing praise for 12 years. Maybe he’s actually hit it off with ETH and he’s reporting back upstairs that No coach would have a chance with the current structure.

I’d love to see Olise and Amad fight it out for right wing playmaker and Frimpong and Dalot fighting out at right back. On the left we can go for a more speedy solution with Garnaucho and Rashford, however we really need to buy a left back, if money was no object I’d go get Theo Hernandez although Alt Nouri or Miguel Gutierrez would both be more than suitable.
This is my vision for the team too. That midfield 3 is the key though. We need a new DM as a priority, and also need to decide the best midfield function for Mainoo.

kaku06

Vulgarian
I’m not thrilled by this news I have to say, given more pressing needs in other positions. I don’t think he’s a world beater either. Would rather see Amad getting the spot and we sort out the spine of our team. Build the nucleus first. 2CB, DM, CM, Striker.

NZT-One

I like him as a player but I think, we missed the moment in time to bring him in. 60 million sounds like a fair price but I am worried how much that would effect the summer business. I don't know about the other planned buys but my feeling is 60 million will take a big chunk out of it and given his injury-issues, I am not sure whether I'd take the risk. I think, Olise is very good and he would do well for us but the moment to get him was probably 2 or 3 years ago when he made the step from the championship. Other areas are more important to get right in the summer, if the cash is there, go for it - I'd like him as an idea more than I liked the Mount idea last year, but still wouldn't consider myself fully onboard.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
He missed 135 days last season due to a hamstring injury and 60 days with the same this season. Is that a red flag?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He missed 135 days last season due to a hamstring injury and 60 days with the same this season. Is that a red flag?
Hard to say with players but I'd be nervous about that considering your terrible injury record.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Hard to say with players but I'd be nervous about that considering your terrible injury record.
I'd be too. We are champions at making fit players injury prone and here we have someone who has had two long term hamstring injuries starting one game a week.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I'd be too. We are champions at making fit players injury prone and here we have someone who has had two long term hamstring injuries starting one game a week.
I think I've said before about Neto but I think with players like him and Olise it really depends on the fee. I think only City and perhaps Chelsea can risk dumping all that money on someone with a questionable injury record. I think the risk may be too high for United, Arsenal, Liverpool et al.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
We don't need someone of his position, it would not be a smart transfer. Which means we will hire him to get another player for a position already full as we always do :D

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
I think I've said before about Neto but I think with players like him and Olise it really depends on the fee. I think only City and perhaps Chelsea can risk dumping all that money on someone with a questionable injury record. I think the risk may be too high for United, Arsenal, Liverpool et al.
I agree.

If I have to guess the club's thought process, it maybe that they are hoping to get rid of Sancho, Greenwood and Pellestri for a an amount closer to the 60m required to acquire Olise. Now, if they can do that, it might make some sense. However, I think it'd be a tall order selling any one of them, forget for a combined total of 60m.

bosskeano

Probably not but they are in the poo poo with FFP at the moment so wouldn’t be surprised to see him, Bruno G or Isak sold
i would love to see Isak at United but can't see newcastle selling him or Gordon for that matter.

Bruno G would be a fantastic player beside Mainoo so that could be worth looking into given their FFP status

Bwuk

Olise, Garnacho, Amad, Rashford and Hojlund would be a fine set up for a front 3. Plenty of options.

luke511

Olise, Garnacho, Amad, Rashford and Hojlund would be a fine set up for a front 3. Plenty of options.
Will Amad want to sign a new contract when we’re buying a fourth right winger in as many summers for him to compete with? It’s a bit daft, left wing should be more of a priority, but only once we’ve managed to sell Rashford.

Nick7

Will Amad want to sign a new contract when we’re buying a fourth right winger in as many summers for him to compete with? It’s a bit daft, left wing should be more of a priority.
so should we just not have depth because of Amad's feelings?

luke511

so should we just not have depth because of Amad's feelings?
Excluding potential sales we have Amad, Garnacho, Mount, Antony, Sancho, Greenwood, Pellistri for the right wing, along with Lacey and Mantato looking to break through in the next year or two. If we manage to sell Sancho, Greenwood, Pellistri and Antony (very unlikely) we still have plenty of depth with Amad, Garnacho, Mount (plus Lacey and Mantato). How much more do we need? It’s the last position we should be considering given the holes elsewhere.

Smores

He's a good player but I just don't see how RW could possibly be a priority position. It would be yet another misuse of limited resources.

Bwuk

Excluding potential sales we have Amad, Garnacho, Mount, Antony, Sancho, Greenwood, Pellistri for the right wing, along with Lacey and Mantato looking to break through in the next year or two. If we manage to sell Sancho, Greenwood, Pellistri and Antony (very unlikely) we still have plenty of depth with Amad, Garnacho, Mount (plus Lacey and Mantato). How much more do we need? It’s the last position we should be considering given the holes elsewhere.
Amad - starter
Garnacho - left winger who can cover the right
Mount - isn't a winger
Antony - not remotely good enough
Sancho - won't be here
Greenwood - won't be here
Pellistri - not good enough
Lacey - highly touted but he's 17
Mantato - 16 and I think he's only played once for the u23s. would be madness to factor him into our summer transfer plans.

gaffs

He's a good player but I just don't see how RW could possibly be a priority position. It would be yet another misuse of limited resources.
I would agree. We have Amad, Antony and maybe even Sancho or Greenwood coming back. Plus Rashford and Garnacho, depending on who plays left.

As much as we would like to get rid of some of the above, it will be really hard to sell Antony, Rashford and Sancho. Im not sure why we would loan Greenwood for another year, but that is another discussion.

Striker, a top class CDM, center back, left back and maybe a right back would all rank above a right winger, imo.

luke511

Amad - starter
Garnacho - left winger who can cover the right
Mount - isn't a winger
Antony - not remotely good enough
Sancho - won't be here
Greenwood - won't be here
Pellistri - not good enough
Lacey - highly touted but he's 17
Mantato - 16 and I think he's only played once for the u23s. would be madness to factor him into our summer transfer plans.
Mount can do a job on either wing, he did so for Chelsea under Tuchel. Garnacho looks just as good on the right. Antony not good enough but unless he's loaned out he's adequate as a fourth choice right winger. Lacey and Mantato need a path into the first team and that should be starting once they hit around 18/19 given their talent. That will become a lot more difficult if they're competing against Amad and Olise who are both very young themselves. He's just not needed at this point, the £60 million needs spending elsewhere.

tomaldinho1

100%
Focus should be on CB, DM/CM though for the big money moves. RW probably depends a lot on if anyone can shift Sancho, Greenwood, Antony etc.

Judas

Open to offers
Will Amad want to sign a new contract when we’re buying a fourth right winger in as many summers for him to compete with? It’s a bit daft, left wing should be more of a priority, but only once we’ve managed to sell Rashford.
I remember when people used to say this sort of shite about Martial. You don't see Real holding back on signing talent incase it upsets players in the same position, do you? It's a load of nonsense.

Unam333

100%
Focus should be on CB, DM/CM though for the big money moves. RW probably depends a lot on if anyone can shift Sancho, Greenwood, Antony etc.
Definitely a red flag. However, it's good for Amad to have competition on that right flank. I expect the manager to rotate alot, maybe even give Olise for example, the first 70 minutes and then Amad the remainder of the game. It's all about managing minutes. You definitely don't want to run a young player into the ground.

I agree, a lot depends on whether we can shift either Sancho, Greenwood or Antony and of course it depends on Palace's asking fee.

luke511

I remember when people used to say this sort of shite about Martial. You don't see Real holding back on signing talent incase it upsets players in the same position, do you? It's a load of nonsense.
It's a lot easier for Real Madrid because their side is pretty much complete unlike ours. We have too many holes elsewhere to spend £60 million on another right winger, it's illogical.

Von Mistelroum

Bring in a player who plays in Amad's position (again) when he's starting to show his class. If we need a winger (and we do) it's on the opposite side of the pitch where Rashford is stinking the place up and Garnacho is clearly struggling with decision making and crossing. Rotating between a new Left Winger and Garnacho makes sense where Garnacho can also play on the right when needed.

Xaviboy

I would rather us spend 60 million on a central midfielder that allows us to dominate/boss games.

Risk of spending big money again on a injury prone player with this kid.

Nick7

Of those, only 4 will be first team players next season. One of those 4 mostly plays left wing, Garnacho. One mostly plays in midfield, Mount. The other is shit, Antony. Great depth, that. Lacey and Mantato will not be breaking through next year. The others, not worth mentioning because none of them will be United players next season. One injury there completely fecks us over in terms of depth. In fact it’s the exact same depth as this season, would you say that was good enough?

yeah it's ridiculous. let's hamstring the team by not having adequate cover because of a player that isn't even at the top level. Amad literally missed half this season with injury and you're still seeing this shite being spoken.