Mike Maignan - AC Milan player

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Yep, a Milan competing for the big prizes won't be selling their star players. You could argue they're second only to Madrid in terms of aura/size so if they're competing players have little to no reason to leave.
They mightn't even be in the CL next season IMO.

Red&Black

Supports
Milan
They mightn't even be in the CL next season IMO.
true. and that stinks. i still think we'll make it, though. we're on a high, but March really hurt us badly. We need to ride this wave and start picking up the points expected of us.

anyways, the more important fact in all this, is for the first time since around 2006 (I believe) we are going to run a PROFIT for the 22/23 balance sheet. Missing CL for next season would absolutely hurt, but we're in good financial shape to not have to sell pieces off to keep the lights on.

now, if a player wants to leave, different story. hope his contract renewal gets done asap, which they seem to be deep into according to some good sources.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
We're always too slow to pounce. Another one lost to Chelsea.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
What happened to Mendy?
Was injured for a while I think and slowly slipped out of favour. He's no spring chicken either, so he'll hardly improve from this point. They'd do well getting rid of both and bringing in an undisputed #1.

Nero

It's no wonder bullshit is such a lucrative business. People lap up any nonsense.

Nickelodeon

If he’s available and we’re looking for a keeper to replace De Gea, Maignan is an absolute no-brainer. He’s still slightly under the radar since Milan haven’t been in the limelight much and he missed the World Cup with France. But Maignan is one of the best keepers in the world. We should be all over this. His agent should know this as well.

aeh1991

Maignan would be a marquee signing and if he is available, we should be all over it. And if we miss him to fecking Chelsea, that would be terrible.

huyn

Supports
FC Nantes
Please guys sign him up. Don't let him go to Chelsea, of all places...

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I dont think he is anything special, why do people think we are missing out on him?

BerryBerryShrew

Maignan is far better than Costa.
Yep. As Portuguese posters have pointed out, Costa isn't the finished article by any means. Which means that there is a very good chance that we spend £50m+ on our own Kepa.

Maignan is the best keeper on the planet. There is no risk. He seems to have a massive character too so he'd thrive under the pressure of being our no. 1. Costa seemed to wilt under the limelight at the World Cup.

If the costs of Costa and Maignan are similar and we go for Costa, then we may well live to regret it.

Pickle85

Doesn't there come a point where Chelsea have to stop signing players?! Not that I believe this one necessarily, mind, it just seems mental that they're still able to spend given how much they've shelled out on dross these last few years

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Doesn't there come a point where Chelsea have to stop signing players?! Not that I believe this one necessarily, mind, it just seems mental that they're still able to spend given how much they've shelled out on dross these last few years
They have also sold a lot of players for a lot of money, and will do so again. We ourselves will probably hand them upwards of 60m for Mason Mount no less this summer.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Not with his feet, I believe Costa rivals Ederson with his feet, but Maignan is better with everything else, though he is 4 years older.
Well he is a goalkeeper, no? Do we determine the best goalkeepers by who makes the best passes now?

And Maignan has excellent distribution anyway. And 4 years older has zero relevance when the younger is 22. Why don’t we target a keeper 4 years younger than Costa then? Maignan is plenty young enough for that to not be a factor at all.

aeh1991

Yes as many pointed out I guess his long pass is not as good as Costa's (by little margin) but in every other regards he is massively better and is arguably one of the 3 best GK on the planet.

Pickle85

They have also sold a lot of players for a lot of money, and will do so again. We ourselves will probably hand them upwards of 60m for Mason Mount no less this summer.
Have they? I can't remember their last big sale but my memory is terrible. And they've taken players on INSANE wages too.

izec

Maignan would be the ideal GK signing we could make. If he is available, we should be all over it.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Apparently not willing to sign a new contract. Dump Onana and get him in the summer?

aeh1991

Would be the best transfer in recent years if we can get him. But highly unlikely.

KeanoMagicHat

Best in the world? Changed the game for Milan with his save. Would probably be not much of exaggeration that we have probably qualified with comfortably if he played for us instead of Onana.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Maignan would be the ideal GK signing we could make. If he is available, we should be all over it.
Apparently Bayern are keen. All the top players we want, they sign.

Zed is not dead

Best in the world? Changed the game for Milan with his save. Would probably be not much of exaggeration that we have probably qualified with comfortably if he played for us instead of Onana.
We would’ve qualified with any keeper that just doesn’t literally throw the ball in his own net

aeh1991

Should have bet 90m on him instead of signing Onana + Mount.