Mikel Arteta | Lego Pep watch

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
What about Isco?
Isco could be a good option on a loan I'd say to assess his fitness & hunger, the last thing we need is someone who is on a long term contract on big money who is passed his best & doesn't have the hunger any more.

Actually, looking at it now, I wouldn't be too disappointed if we didn't get anyone in that area. Martinelli is like a new signing so he'd be my cover on left wing & number 10, Saka can play 10, & if we need to could cross fingers & hope Willian or Pepe can get some form.

I'd be more worried about back up goalkeepers or left back should anything happen to Leno or Tierney.

I like it when there’s a glimmer of light for Arsenal. They’ll be on a downturn again soon enough looking at their fixture list. And then the disappointment will be all the more crushing. Good coaching and young players is nice, but the squad has regressed way too much to be at the top table, and they need serious investment that won’t come.
I don't think it needs serious investment, but I do think it needs smarter investment. More Gabriel / Tierney type players rather than Pepe / Willian types.

DanClancy

Isco could be a good option on a loan I'd say to assess his fitness & hunger, the last thing we need is someone who is on a long term contract on big money who is passed his best & doesn't have the hunger any more.

Actually, looking at it now, I wouldn't be too disappointed if we didn't get anyone in that area. Martinelli is like a new signing so he'd be my cover on left wing & number 10, Saka can play 10, & if we need to could cross fingers & hope Willian or Pepe can get some form.

I'd be more worried about back up goalkeepers or left back should anything happen to Leno or Tierney.

I don't think it needs serious investment, but I do think it needs smarter investment. More Gabriel / Tierney type players rather than Pepe / Willian types.

Its difficult to get every transfer right, Klopp has practically done that since he arrived apart from Keita but you're looking for miracles to get Arsenal back as contenders with their budget.

I'm not sure where Arsenal are at, they looked so poor from what I saw of the 1st half; We'll know a fair bit more about them in 6 league games time.

The Purley King

Their next 7 PL fixtures are brutal:
Southampton A
Us H
Wolves A
Villa A
Leeds H
City H
Leicester A

Benfica are squeezed in there in the EL as well, who won't be a pushover. Lets see what we are all saying at the beginning of March.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Its difficult to get every transfer right, Klopp has practically done that since he arrived apart from Keita but you're looking for miracles to get Arsenal back as contenders with their budget.

I'm not sure where Arsenal are at, they looked so poor from what I saw of the 1st half; We'll know a fair bit more about them in 6 league games time.
True. For me it's about building for the future, I've been consistent with this since I've been on here. It's getting the likes of Smith-Rowe, Saka, Martinelli integrated, it's getting the likes of Saliba ready, and it should be about signing players players that are young & hungry like Gabriel & Tierney.

Get the foundations set over the next season or so, & have a team / squad more ready to challenge in 2 or 3 years when the likes of Pep & Klopp are coming to the end of their cycle.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
What about Isco?
I would have given an arm for Early madrid's Isco but now, not so much... I don't think he would be bothered adapting to the Premier League.
I have decided in my head that Odegaard is the only possible answer and our savior. Or Grealish.

Their next 7 PL fixtures are brutal:
Southampton A
Us H
Wolves A
Villa A
Leeds H
City H
Leicester A

Benfica are squeezed in there in the EL as well, who won't be a pushover. Lets see what we are all saying at the beginning of March.
Is the Benfica game even going to be played ? Isnt there an issue with Portugal's Covid guidelines and England's ?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Since Sancho doesnt have a bombardment of clubs after him -

If Arsenal somehow come up the league this season and manage to convince him to move I think he would be the perfect balance of player & club.

Sancho, Smith Rowe, Saka, Martinelli, Partey, Aubemayang, Gabriel, Saliba, Tierney isnt starting to look like much of a joke.

Getting him there maybe not going to be easy but he does seem a bit desperate and you managed well with Partey.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

If Arsenal somehow come up the league this season and manage to convince him to move I think he would be the perfect balance of player & club.

Sancho, Smith Rowe, Saka, Martinelli, Partey, Aubemayang, Gabriel, Saliba, Tierney isnt starting to look like much of a joke.

Getting him there maybe not going to be easy but he does seem a bit desperate and you managed well with Partey.
Why would he join a mid-table club?

He'd be better seeing out his contract and joining any number of Champions League team's on a free.

rotherham_red

They aren't getting to the CL places and they won't spend the sums required to bring him in, so it's a bit of a moot point.

renandstimpyfan83

Supports
Real Oviedo/England
Drops Willian and suddenly they start winning games. Only an elite coach could have made such a call. It absolutely wasn’t the obvious thing he should have done months ago.

Sylar

And it has been explained to you about 500 times that teams above them have games in hand. Even below them, Villa have 4 games in hand on them. So they could be 11th.
With this season, games in hand mean nothing as everybody is losing to everybody

Arsenal have had a favourable run, but what is right is that they are 10 points behind first. That's an actual fact

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I’ve just taken a look at their fixtures coming up. Their only home game against a bottom half team between now and April is Leeds :lol: I’ll be shocked if he survives this run of fixtures.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

He's too big a talent to join Arsenal. They need to look for middle tier/lesser fancied names right now.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
I’ve just taken a look at their fixtures coming up. Their only home game against a bottom half team between now and April is Leeds :lol: I’ll be shocked if he survives this run of fixtures.
He'll be there at the end of the season regardless.

I understand. However, if you don't keep up with the top teams then the future you nurture may no longer be with you in future.
True. So the challenge is to try & get the players to believe in the project, that they are building towards something, while at the same time try & improve & compete as best we can still. Won't be easy, so let's see how they do.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
And it has been explained to you about 500 times that teams above them have games in hand. Even below them, Villa have 4 games in hand on them. So they could be 11th.
It's no use mate. It's like when I tell my dog why he can't have his dinner, he hears the noise but as soon as he sees a tennis ball he shits on the floor and runs away.

I can't see the Arsenal board sanctioning another £70m+ winger, they just don't have the resources for that.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
It's no use mate. It's like when I tell my dog why he can't have his dinner, he hears the noise but as soon as he sees a tennis ball he shits on the floor and runs away.

I can't see the Arsenal board sanctioning another £70m+ winger, they just don't have the resources for that.
That's fair. I'm just someone who doesn't really rate Sancho but wouldn't mind being proven wrong by him joining our club aswell. (How we spend our Money wont make me lost my sleep as long as its mistakes or overpayments that had to be made).

I see so many wingers do what he do, so many in the Bundesliga and the Ligue 1 every year. A guy just showed another one from Leverkusen yesterday.

I see him having quiet games for the CL and England.

I dont think any club in the world except United and maybe Chelsea would spend 70 million on the lad. Chelsea are pretty well stocked but might get a german manager soon; I value Sancho more at the 55-60mil range personally maybe 5 mil add ons if I have to.

It's the reason I feel a young and energetic version of Arsenal and Sancho are a good balance.

But let's see if Arteta is that good anyway.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
That's fair. I'm just someone who doesn't really rate Sancho but wouldn't mind being proven wrong by him joining our club aswell. (How we spend our Money wont make me lost my sleep as long as its mistakes or overpayments that had to be made).

I see so many wingers do what he do, so many in the Bundesliga and the Ligue 1 every year. A guy just showed another one from Leverkusen yesterday.

I see him having quiet games for the CL and England.

I dont think any club in the world except United and maybe Chelsea would spend 70 million on the lad. Chelsea are pretty well stocked but might get a german manager soon; I value Sancho more at the 55-60mil range personally maybe 5 mil add ons if I have to.

It's the reason I feel a young and energetic version of Arsenal and Sancho are a good balance.

But let's see if Arteta is that good anyway.
If we were to win the EL, maybe and that's a big maybe but United already turned his head imo. We'll never offer the money needed and/or the same wages.
I also don't think he's worth that much but i'd love it if we could get him.

PoTMS

The guy has Ole's number. Not surprising considering they're both amateurs. They'll only return to the big table once they pull their finger out but for now, both are content with top 4 battles.

renandstimpyfan83

Supports
Real Oviedo/England
Doing quite well considering the number of injuries he’s got at the moment. You look at that team on paper and it looks trash but they dominated the second half. Can see them finishing above Chelsea and Spurs now.

Nash27

Doing quite well considering the number of injuries he’s got at the moment. You look at that team on paper and it looks trash but they dominated the second half. Can see them finishing above Chelsea and Spurs now.
no they did not dominate the second half. had a good 10 mins and after that was just content just sitting back. Dont blame them for it. United should have pushed harder.

Raredaredevil

Reading the last few pages and now shows how fast things change in football. 16 points in the last 18 games. At one point, I genuinely thought he would be fired. I guess he is back to being the chosen one for Arsenal.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
no they did not dominate the second half. had a good 10 mins and after that was just content just sitting back. Dont blame them for it. United should have pushed harder.
Thought the game was very even yesterday. Both teams were having 15min spells where they were having the bulk of possession & created a few chances, then the game would swing the other way.

I thought we looked a team that was missing some of our main attacking players, & you guys were caught in 2 minds whether to really push on to try & take advantage.

I'm a bit disappointed not to get the win, because I think if we did we'd still have an outside chance of top 4 believe it or not. It's probably top 6 or 7 we can hope for now.

Pep's Suit

Willian over Martinelli. Wonder how that donkey DT will defend Arteta on this one. :eek:

Guy Incognito

Since their 0-0 cup final draw last week it's been two defeats. Although they weren't 'terrible' like in the reverse fixtures.

Leeds, Citeh and Leicester to come.

OleBoiii

Looking at how many games in hand the teams in front and right behind them have, I really think Arsenal wont even finish 10th.

InfiniteBoredom

How the feck did we managed only 1 point out of 6 against this shower of shite?

For all the guffs about Arteta learning from Pep, this Arsenal team more often than not play like Moyes’s Everton, only even worse.