Mikel Arteta | Lego Pep watch

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
For me you had 3 creative, defensively sound centre mids last year that also chipped in with goals. After letting Xhaka leave and buying Rice and Havertz, you have an absolute nothing of a second attacking midfielder to support Odegaard and you have a very good DM who has very, very little creativity to his attacking game.

With Odegaard it's not quite as good as last year, and without him it's quite a lot worse as he's the only creator assuming Rice plays ahead of Partey. Rice, Partey and Odegaard would be better than having Havertz in there for me, but it's still a bit pedestrian.
Good analysis and fully agree. We had the chance to improve on last seasons midfield if we bought the right 2 players. We got 1 of them. This, coupled with Parteys injuries and Odegaard having fitness and form issues means we are actually worse off than last season rather better in my opinion.

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
For me you had 3 creative, defensively sound centre mids last year that also chipped in with goals. After letting Xhaka leave and buying Rice and Havertz, you have an absolute nothing of a second attacking midfielder to support Odegaard and you have a very good DM who has very, very little creativity to his attacking game.

With Odegaard it's not quite as good as last year, and without him it's quite a lot worse as he's the only creator assuming Rice plays ahead of Partey. Rice, Partey and Odegaard would be better than having Havertz in there for me, but it's still a bit pedestrian.
I would largely agree. I am a bit worried that our midfield isn't really stable - Rice has played with everyone and as you say Odegaard's not in great form and injured ATM. Last year Odegaard, Xhaka and Partey were available for most of the season (Partey had his best season in that regard for sure), but he's missed most of this season and Havertz has been wank so far. I don't think Arteta knows what his preferred midfield is, with the LCM role still up for grabs. However, why I'm not *too worried* about it is because defensively, this is the best we've been in several years. It was our defence and lack of squad depth which cost us the title last season, and I think we've improved in both regards. I think we'll sort it out going forward, we've also hardly been able to play Jesus, Saka and Martinelli together (think they've only played 1-2 games) so there's foreseeable improvement there, though Jesus can't seem to stay fit. No doubt Arteta has to sort out a few things, but I feel like we have a good defensive foundation and against most teams should be OK.

Last edited:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
There is plenty of footage of him tip toeing the sideline as an opposition winger/fullback races by. He's trying to put them off and I long for the day that a player shoulders him into next week.
It's so annoying that keeps getting away with that shit :lol:

suheilsworld

I have been saying that for the last couple of years, would love to see him knocked down by a winger. Absolutely disgraceful behaviour on the sidelines and it seems like he does that on purpose - defying the technical area rule. I mean why have the technical area if you are not going to penalize crazies like him wandering out frequently during games?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He's atrocious on the sideline. Would drive me crazy if I was playing on the wing.
That clip above from the Spurs game with Kulusevski running with the ball. If that was me, I'd be distracted by Arteta literally prowling on the white lines inches away from him.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
That clip above from the Spurs game with Kulusevski running with the ball. If that was me, I'd be distracted by Arteta literally prowling on the white lines inches away from him.
Honestly it's must be off-putting AF. Like in your peripheral vision, it would catch you off guard and it would be seriously annoying. He gets away with it over and over.

the_cliff

The fact that this guy constantly gets away with his touchline behaviour and crazy rants is quite weird. The refs need to put their foot down and give him a 3 game touchline ban.

Marcus

Doubling down on criticising referees. Should be banned for bringing game into disrepute. Puts pressure on them in an unfair manner to favour Arsenal.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Oh now they're demanding stuff after letting Arteta take the heat.
The LMA should stop with this nonsense, dangerous and disgraceful attitude. ;)

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
To be expected from this joke of a league. They must think their latest Mic'd Up episode was a total success. :boring:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
To be expected from this joke of a league. They must think their latest Mic'd Up episode was a total success. :boring:
:lol: managers have been fined for less. He's got away with being a bellend for too long. You can't just go bash the officials and VAR as stupidly as he did in his press conference. Especially when VAR didn't get that goal decision wrong.

TheReligion

Abusive
"It's alleged that his comments constitute misconduct as they are insulting towards match officials and/or detrimental to the game and/or bring the game into disrepute"

Sounds like he’s getting a heavy ban.

Will be made an example of.

The Purley King

"It's alleged that his comments constitute misconduct as they are insulting towards match officials and/or detrimental to the game and/or bring the game into disrepute"

Sounds like he’s getting a heavy ban.

Will be made an example of.
This will be problematic as someone will have to turn his head around 180 degrees to show a sad face rather than his usual annoying face……….

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
He was always going to get charged for that ffs :lol:

He went well overboard, the clown
Indeed. Not really annoyed by a manager letting out frustrations, but do it in the manner he did and you deserve to get punished.

Suck up whatever it is and carry on.