Mikel Arteta | Lego Pep watch

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
"It's embarrassing" "it's a disgrace" then when asked he can't pinpoint why the goal shouldn't be allowed, just rambles on about nothing.

Zen

What's Carragher banging on about.... no one wants to see their own manager have a meltdown to that level :lol:

That's Rafafacts level calamity.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
What's Carragher banging on about.... no one wants to see their own manager have a meltdown to that level :lol:

That's Rafafacts level calamity.
It wouldn't have been so bad if he actually knew what he wanted the goal disallowed for. He was speaking like someone who hadn't actually seen anything happen but had been told what had happened off his mates down the pub.

Zoo

Ultimately it’s deflection as he knows that at best they are going to be heroic losers once again this season. He spent loads, made a huge decision with the goalkeeper and has been there for years now.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
"It's embarrassing" "it's a disgrace" then when asked he can't pinpoint why the goal shouldn't be allowed, just rambles on about nothing.
Arteta is an utter twonk but I'd rather a manager have a go at the officials every now and again to try to create a siege mentality rather than sit and say nothing like Ten Hag. Ideally he'd do it when there was actually some dodgy refereeing though, it's not hard to find examples of it!

Zen

It wouldn't have been so bad if he actually knew what he wanted the goal disallowed for. He was speaking like someone who hadn't actually seen anything happen but had been told what had happened off his mates down the pub.
Agreed really, but it can't be the ball over the line, because that's as tight as the Garnacho offside.... didn't see him moaning about that one? ETH did of course, but he didn't embarrass himself over it.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
He should try jumping more on the sidelines. I reckon that'll do it.

EDIT:
Or maybe he can hug the dog.

Last edited:

LordSpud

Should be getting a punishment surely? I see him week after week calling the refs out.

frostbite

Buying Raya and Havertz were two big mistakes. He wasted 100 million on two players that he didn't really need, and they may have actually made his team worse than last year.

eire-red

He's having a right moan, and in fairness you can see how frustrating it is. Think it was probably a fair call to "not disallow the goal" we should call it, rather than "allow the goal" because there wasn't anything conclusive to rule it out.

It's annoying from the consistency perspective because you don't know what you're gonna get. But they had the rub of the green with the Garnacho goal, for example, so it's not always going to go your way.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Buying Raya and Havertz were two big mistakes. He wasted 100 million on two players that he didn't really need, and they may have actually made his team worse than last year.
Raya is on loan

wr8_utd

:'(

Get the feeling Arteta doesn't quite believe in this anymore, eh? :lol:

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
I don't agree we're worse than last year. We're a whopping 3 points worse off after 11 games last season, despite having a harder start this time and being in CL too. We've lost 3 games all season in all comps, are 3 points off top and top of our CL group. The difference this season is there are more teams in the mix and it's a much tighter contest. And Raya is on loan.

AshRK

I don't agree we're worse than last year. We're a whopping 3 points worse off after 11 games last season, despite having a harder start this time and being in CL too. We've lost 3 games all season in all comps, are 3 points off top and top of our CL group. The difference this season is there are more teams in the mix and it's a much tighter contest. And Raya is on loan.
Result wise you guys are fine. But it is the performance that has been underwhelming. I don't think you guys are playing that well compared to last season.

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
Result wise you guys are fine. But it is the performance that has been underwhelming. I don't think you guys are playing that well compared to last season.
I agree, going forward we haven't looked great and can still improve. But I think we're much harder to beat in general, which is what I think Arteta is going for. Someone posted in another thread that we concede the least amount of chances in the league in our box, and have 2nd best defence. I also think making direct comparisons to last season doesn't always tell the full story - ultimately we fell at the final hurdle last season so whatever we do this time around has to be different, better. Having CL for the first time in many years is also a big challenge and TBH I'm surprised with how we've managed so far considering we're a fairly young and inexperienced squad. Last season we peaked too early IMO and struggled towards the end and couldn't deal with our injuries. I think our squad depth has improved a lot.

Last edited:

saivet

I get his frustration but his rant was embarrassing and looked like he needed to vent his frustration elsewhere. Arsenal fans seem to be lapping it up though.

With the goal, I get his frustration but the ball being out and the offsides are simply possible maybe probable things that should go in Arsenal's favour but the accumulation of the ball probably being out or Gordon being offside doesn't meet the threshold. It's annoying and a bit unlucky.

Having clear camera angles on the line and the use of semi automated offside would have helped massively so do understand his and others criticism of VAR in that regard.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
We can laugh at him all we want but his embarrassing rant will work in his favour, much like Klopp. The more he does it, the more he puts refs n the spot, the more hesitant refs are about giving calls against Arsenal.
ETH takes shit on the chin and moves on and we are getting killed for it.

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
We can laugh at him all we want but his embarrassing rant will work in his favour, much like Klopp. The more he does it, the more he puts refs n the spot, the more hesitant refs are about giving calls against Arsenal.
ETH takes shit on the chin and moves on and we are getting killed for it.
Yeh I'm sure he/the club will be happy to pay any fine he may get. If it means we get a dubious decision in our favour in our next tight match, it'll be worth it. Gotta play the game.

RedRocket9908

Its unbelievable how much he is whinging about VAR now its gone against him, he didnt say a word about it when it robbed us of 3 points at the Emirates a few games ago.

Last edited:

Amarsdd

Its unbelievable how much he is winging about VAR now its gone against him, he didnt say a word about it when it robbed us of 3 points at the Emirates a few games ago.
Don’t blame him for whinging at all. The refs in the PL are so pathetic that making a whingefest about decisions is probably an actual strategy the clubs should/do employ.

RedRocket9908

Don’t blame him for whinging at all. The refs in the PL are so pathetic that making a whingefest about decisions is probably an actual strategy the clubs should/do employ.
First it was Klopp (and probably will be again if the game stays as it is) and now its Arteta moaning about it, we have been shafted by VAR so many times this season and ETH has hardly said a word about it.

OldSchoolManc

Why can’t Arsenal fans see how excellent that decision was and how hypocritical Arteta is after saying mistakes are made that we all should accept with VAR only a week ago?
Was fine for him when Gabriel rugby tackled Rasmus!

Red_toad

Why can’t Arsenal fans see how excellent that decision was and how hypocritical Arteta is after saying mistakes are made that we all should accept with VAR only a week ago?
Was fine for him when Gabriel rugby tackled Rasmus!
Dermott Gallagher said that challenge was fine. No idea how, but these new rules are very complex.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Good on them. Wish our club would do the same. Call out these useless pricks at every opportunity. They deserve zero respect until they gain competency.

wr8_utd

:'(
Sky making Arteta look a complete clown there
The interview and then the presser was quite hilarious. The man was rambling and had no actual answers as to what he thought was wrong with the goal. Classic deflection tactics.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
For me you had 3 creative, defensively sound centre mids last year that also chipped in with goals. After letting Xhaka leave and buying Rice and Havertz, you have an absolute nothing of a second attacking midfielder to support Odegaard and you have a very good DM who has very, very little creativity to his attacking game.

With Odegaard it's not quite as good as last year, and without him it's quite a lot worse as he's the only creator assuming Rice plays ahead of Partey. Rice, Partey and Odegaard would be better than having Havertz in there for me, but it's still a bit pedestrian.