Mikel Arteta | Lego Pep watch

James Peril

So people are comparing OGS and Arteta, completely leaving out the differences between strength in squad and budget. United are roughly a 450M-team, Arsenal are what... 200? Probably less than what Villa and Everton were assembled for. Not that any of them are making any impressions, but their objectives are not the same.

Lentwood

So people are comparing OGS and Arteta, completely leaving out the differences between strength in squad and budget. United are roughly a 450M-team, Arsenal are what... 200? Probably less than what Villa and Everton were assembled for. Not that any of them are making any impressions, but their objectives are not the same.
It’s a relevant comparison. It doesn’t matter who bought whom and for how much before them - they both inherited squads that were miles away from the levels demanded at those clubs and it’s going to take at least two more windows to be able to begin to judge Arteta

arthurka

Auba is pretty much their attacking outlet if he's off their off. Shocking stat this.

Castia

Just so Arsenal isn’t it. Good result against us, fans are buzzing then next game they get stuffed 3-0 by Villa

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Celebrated the win against us though like he had won the league!

AshRK

Said it last week, arsenal's best player last week was Pogba but they were all giddy how amazing arteta is . Beating united last week wasn't some achievement like arsenal fans were making it.

Castia

Those stats are crazy he’s getting away with murder. The fans and media are acting like he’s the next Pep I’m not sure how he’s pulled that one.

Josep Dowling

Those stats are crazy he’s getting away with murder. The fans and media are acting like he’s the next Pep I’m not sure how he’s pulled that one.
Because expectation at Arsenal has massively dropped. Remember when finishing 4th was no longer good enough for Wenger? Since then they haven’t even managed to do that.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Brought down to earth today after last week. Shows how clueless pundits are. Apparently he was "man with a plan" while Ole has "bunch of midfielders".

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Said it last week. It's easy to go away and play 5 at the back and counter. We even do it well.

He's not a genius coach. He's just negative.

Ole n Arteta have to find a way of playing more attacking at home without dropping too many pts.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
He's at least won something with them which is more than what Ole has done with us.
Winning a domestic cup means bugger all in the grand scheme of things. McLeish, Martinez, Redknapp, past it LVG, past it Dalglish, Ramos, McLaren and Laudrup have all done it since the turn of the century, if we venture abroad you can add Niko Kovac, Gattuso and Eddie Newton to that list amoung others.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Just annoys me more that we lost to these jokers.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Aubameyang, Pepe and Lacazette cost the club just shy of 200m, but don't let that stop your obvious agenda against our own manager.

Why does he even get mentioned in this thread in the first place? This forum is feckin obsessed with Ole, to an unhealthy degree

Sylar

We played bad last week and still they only won due to a stupid challenge to gift them a penalty

They were bad too, although we were probably worse. Sky did make it seem like it was a masterclass. His buddy Cahill was bigging him up big time, though Keane was bringing him back down (even though Cahill wouldn't hear it)

I've also seen some ex players talk about how he would transform us if he had a hold of our players

He did well to win the fa cup, but I think that happens due to Pulisic injury

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Solskjaer's spent a lot of money but his most impressive feat, is developing Rashford, Martial and Greenwood into one of the most prolific front 3s in the country last season, 2 of them cost nothing and the other cost £36m 5 years ago as a teenager. I'm not sure what I think of Solskjaer at the moment, but I can't say I've seen anything like that level of player development from Arteta.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
Arse :lol:

Arteta will be sacked before 2021 at this rate.

If you think Man Utd is currently a miserable club, think about Arse: last PL in 2004, last relevant thing in 2006 (UCL runners-up) and totally overshadowed by Chelsea...and Spurs!

Castia

He is better than Ole, but still not good enough.
Well his stats are somehow even worse than Ole’s, they’ve been completely average since he took over. The media love him though so you won’t hear much negativity.

AFC NimbleThumb

Makes being so lacklustre against them last week even more annoying.

Having to hear how well they played when they weren’t scoring for toffee without that penalty was infuriating but seeing how easily Villa put them to the sword makes that shower of sh*te last week even more unforgivable.

Being outclassed by Arteta takes some doing.

el3mel

This loss makes our loss against them even worse 10 times now, so I'm honestly not sure what people are enjoying or laughing at. Not like we got our revenge or anything.

cyberman

In
This loss makes our loss against them even worse 10 times now, so I'm honestly not sure what people are enjoying or laughing at. Not like we got our revenge or anything.
Who says it has anything to do with us?

JG3001

Don’t really understand half the posts that are popping up on here? Arguing about who’s the most shite?

Arteta, Lampard, Ole... Managers who have won the lottery heading up clubs which are way beyond their abilities to turn into PL winners.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Auba is pretty much their attacking outlet if he's off their off. Shocking stat this.
And even though he's a world class poacher and can contribute to build up play he's not the forward who can create stuff out of nothing.

Don't really understand why Arsenal don't play 4-3-3. Surely that Tierney cross for Lacazette in 1st half shows he should be at left back instead of LCB. Put Saka left in front 3 and they were far too open in central midfield today so Xhaka, Ceballos and Partey seems the best bet in short term as trio.