Mikel Arteta | Lego Pep watch

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
The bias is so weird. Spurs cruising to a win and Jamie Redknapp is like "Arteta must be so confused because there is nothing wrong with this performance. Lots of possession, lots of crossing. They've played well!"

Utter wank.

Cloud7

Surely at some point soon that has to be it for him? Quarter of the season gone and they're deservedly in 15th place without looking like they have any sort of ideas as to how to get up from there.

Crazy that a man who spent so much time with Wenger and Pep seems to have taken after Moyes more than any of them. The whole reason he was given any sort of chance as a manager is because of the time he spent working with Pep, so what exactly was he doing/learning all that time?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Below all London teams, now.

If that was Ole, word coward would be used to fullest extent.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
They did well enough possession wise but he really hasn't drilled them much beyond crossing a ball in has he. Lacazette and Aubameyang starting is a step forward but if he doesn't get a run of games with a win then hel be gone by Christmas.

3KDré

I like what he's doing over at Arsenal. I hope they give him time and lots of it.

Wiltord02

Supports
Arsenal
So Naive. Only had to watch what Spurs did to Man City and therefore try and replicate what Chelsea did last week.

Spurs allowed us to have the ball as we did absolutely feck all with it.

Ace of Spades

No chance, especially when the PSG and Real Madrid jobs could soon be available.

Beat Arsenal could go for is either Brendan Rodgers or Nuno.
Unless they are fired, I don't think they will leave their current clubs for Arsenal. Both Leicester and Wolves are very well run, and the backing and good recruitment they have at those clubs is not something they will find at the current Arsenal.

Arteta is not doing good enough for now, but even beyond their manager they have other problems that should worry them a lot.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
So Naive. Only had to watch what Spurs did to Man City and therefore try and replicate what Chelsea did last week.

Piss take wasn’t it

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He needs to find a way to unleash Pepe. A front 3 of Lacazette, Aubameyang and Pepe should be pretty good in all honesty.

He's not getting the best out of their squad at the moment.

Inigo Montoya

He needs to find a way to unleash Pepe. A front 3 of Lacazette, Aubameyang and Pepe should be pretty good in all honesty.

He's not getting the best out of their squad at the moment.
Not one is a genuine CF like Kane. IMO

meamth

Style of play my arse.

You can't win games if you rely on 100% useless pattern of play.

But still, Ole outs wants possession, cohesion, style of play instead of individual brilliance and player's freedom. Arteta is the prime example of drilled football won't work at clubs who wants to win all the time.

Ace of Spades

They didn't do shit. Spurs let them have the ball and just defended their box by packing it with bodies. The fact that they did not even try anything different is pathetic.

Why are they putting crosses in like they still have Giroud in the box is beyond me.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Their style of football is Van Gaal-esque but without any indivdual quality to bail them out. Perhaps having the same assistant manager as LVG had also has something with that.
That's being incredibly harsh on LVG.

Under LVG, we weren't ever scared of having the ball and we pretty much played the game outside the opposition box. Under Arteta, he's more like Tony Pulis without the long balls and the physicality

Inigo Montoya

Sourness damming Spurs with faint praise. It’s really the opposite of Neville and Redknapp’s gushing

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
The bias is so weird. Spurs cruising to a win and Jamie Redknapp is like "Arteta must be so confused because there is nothing wrong with this performance. Lots of possession, lots of crossing. They've played well!"

Utter wank.
Huh? That was not far off from a worse performance than any I remember from Ole's team.

Bojan11

They making the same mistakes as us. Should have sold Ozil and Aubamayang when they had the chance. Now they stuck with them and the latter is playing like he can’t be arsed.

RashyForPM

Utter wank.
This is why I always say fans who remotely know their stuff about football can become pundits and do a better job than these experts. Playing the game doesn’t mean you know the game. Managing on the other hand means you do, hence why Jose completely outclassed the ex-players in the studios last year.

thepolice123

His football is shocking. What is even more shocking is how we managed to lose against this lot. Ffs. :mad: :houllier:

Ace of Spades

Style of play my arse.

You can't win games if you rely on 100% useless pattern of play.

But still, Ole outs wants possession, cohesion, style of play instead of individual brilliance and player's freedom. Arteta is the prime example of drilled football won't work at clubs who wants to win all the time.
Possession is a pretty useless stat, especially when the other team wants you to have the ball. Their style of play is shit, and no idea where them being a well drilled team comes from. They are neither great in attack, or solid at the back. They play neither good counter attacking style, or possession style.

Also, forcing the team to put in endless crosses when they don't really have a CF who is great in the air is just bizzare. Their attackers strength is in keeping the ball on the deck and trying to use their pace to get behind a defence. The style they are playing is probably the least helpful for their attackers.

Cloud7

Familiar faces.
How did he manage to assemble a coaching team that includes coaches from the Vangle and Moyes eras at United. What a strange combination. In the first place why would you look at them and think they could be part of anything successful?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I am so mad that we let him win against us, disgraceful!
I honestly feel worse about that result than the spurs result now. At the time, Spurs felt humiliating and a real low but I got over it quickly. The Arsenal one keeps haunting me.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal

Tin hat on, but today I think if you take Kane & Son & swap with Auba & Willian, that result is totally different. For me, the difference was they have 2 top forwards playing at the top of their game, while we have forwards struggling.