Mikel Arteta | Lego Pep watch

Jonno

This doesn't apply to Ole approaching 2 years, no?

Fans don't question our counter attacking style?
Not me. Since he got a crucial piece of the jigsaw, his playmaker in January, we’re the best team in the Premier League. Top on points since Bruno signed.

Unquestionable. He’s been building our two styles of play for 2 years. Counter attack is plan A, and breaking down the low Block is plan B. It works.

Footy van de Geek

Whats it got to do with Ole?
He mentioned Arsenal and United in his post.

Not me. Since he got a crucial piece of the jigsaw, his playmaker in January, we’re the best team in the Premier League. Top on points since Bruno signed.

Unquestionable. He’s been building our two styles of play for 2 years. Counter attack is plan A, and breaking down the low Block is plan B. It works.
You are one fan.

You deny that are many fans who are the opposite of your stance?

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Do or die for him today?
I'd say a lot of Arsenal fans will turn on him if they lose this and play the same shit football that they have played for large parts of his tenure.

Jonno

He mentioned Arsenal and United in his post.

You are one fan.

You deny that are many fans who are the opposite of your stance?
You are also 1 fan who clearly feel the opposite of many fans. What’s your point

Yet my opinion is backed up by being the best team in England since the end of January, progression into the CL, top of our group.

Arteta is sat in 14th place and playing Europa League football.

I’m just keen to hear from posters that slated me last season when I said Arteta had a new manager bounce and that it takes months if not years to implement their coaching techniques.

Footy van de Geek

Our counter attacking style is a myth. We fall behind in too many games to even be able to play that way if we wanted to
If you don't want to call it counter attacking, you can say that we rely on space to run into.

And teams continue to give it to us.

West Ham are very high for the 3rd goal. Obviously chasing an equaliser. Mata utilises the space with ease. Rashford runs into it. Goal.

Similar goal against Leipzig a few weeks ago. Bruno exposes the Leipzig defence with ease. Rashford goes through. Another goal.

We aren't as good as the intricate passing in tight spaces in and around the box. The little give and go moves. Liverpool used to rely on space too, but eventually evolved their style.

cyberman

If you don't want to call it counter attacking, you can say that we rely on space to run into.

And teams continue to give it to us.

West Ham are very high for the 3rd goal. Obviously chasing an equaliser. Mata utilises the space with ease. Rashford runs into it. Goal.

Similar goal against Leipzig a few weeks ago. Bruno exposes the Leipzig defence with ease. Rashford goes through. Another goal.

We aren't as good as the intricate passing in tight spaces in and around the box. The little give and go moves. Liverpool used to rely on space too, but eventually evolved their style.
Or we are actually great at creating space?

pascell

Fans back in stadiums in time for their biggest Derby of the season, could be good timing for Arteta, or bad timing, should they lose without much fight I think the fans will start turning on him.

AshRK

5 losses so far which have included City , Liverpool and Leicester who all finished above them last season . Utd have lost to Arsenal so Ole out too ?
Wtf has ole got to do with it. The above poster , who by the way is a chelsea fan, didn't even mention Ole. Yet you say Ole out too?

Red00012

Wtf has ole got to do with it. The above poster , who by the way is a chelsea fan, didn't even mention Ole. Yet you say Ole out too?
There’s a common view on here that after a few bad results a manager should be sacked. Arteta won the FA cup 4 months ago In his 1st season in charge. Get a grip FFS

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I dont think this will be a dour affair like the earlier London derby, primarily because Arsenal aren't great defensively.

Guy Incognito

Surely his jobs on the line if he loses today.
Spurs should win this.

Nothing to suggest Arteta can turn their fortunes around, but I don't think any manager can perform miracles with Xhaka in midfield and that defence. He did win a cup but so did Di Matteo who got sacked by an owner who doesn't suffer fools gladly.

AshRK

There’s a common view on here that after a few bad results a manager should be sacked. Arteta won the FA cup 4 months ago In his 1st season in charge. Get a grip FFS
Yes I agree sacking him right now will be a stupid thing. But he has to make his team play better and start winning some points. If they lose today they would be 11 points behind their rivals spurs. That's not good enough.

My gut feeling says they will get a result today.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Spurs should win this.

Nothing to suggest Arteta can turn their fortunes, but I don't think any manager can perform miracles with Xhaka in midfield and that defence. He may have won a cup but so did Di Matteo.
Its not a miracle not to get completely turned over by Villa at home, Im sure Partey was playing in that game too

Red00012

Yes I agree sacking him right now will be a stupid thing. But he has to make his team play better and start winning some points. If they lose today they would be 11 points behind their rivals spurs. That's not good enough.

My gut feeling says they will get a result today.
I hope you’re right

Wiltord02

Supports
Arsenal
How has their new God ( Partey ) been playing individually this season ?
Only played four games and one of those was a five minute sub appearance against Man City.

He was good against Leicester but our attack failed to take their chances. Mustafi was at fault for the goal. He was our best player when we beat you at Old Trafford. That said, both teams were pretty woeful on the day. Then he only played the first half against Villa before getting injured. All our players were terrible that match.

NinjaFletch

If his name was Michael Arter, he'd be slated for playing Brexit football and having no plan in attack. Will be lucky to survive to Christmas unless things turn around immediately.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Pressure on for him now, relegation form!

Them beating us is even more frustrating now!

Bet Cahill feels silly now...

Guy Incognito

Surprised people thought he'd get a result. Especially with Xhaka starting and Partey rushed back.

He's finished. At least under Wenger you knew they'd win home games convincingly, it's quite conceivable they won't pick up another League win this year.

Castia

Awful.

Bottom half of the table, least chances created, 18th for shots on goal.....

The veil is starting to drop, for some reason he’s been labelled as the next big thing, Pep version 2 but in reality he’s a Spanish Tony Pulis.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Total and utter myth.

Got quite a tough run up to new year aswell.

Burnley at home next week he has to win.

Dante

Average bang
He's made Arsenal the fifth best team in London.

But at least they're still above Fulham for now.

slored1

Their style of football is Van Gaal-esque but without any indivdual quality to bail them out. Perhaps having the same assistant manager as LVG had also has something with that.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
They have the 5th/6th best squad in the league so Arteta should be at least finishing 6th with them.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
They have the 5th/6th best squad in the league so Arteta should be at least finishing 6th with them.
It's not better than Leicester's imo and they're probably most likely to finish 6th. Leicester have a better keeper and defenders.

Probably on a par with Everton given the form DCL is in.

Arsenal finished 8th last season and I can see them finishing a place or two lower this time.