Mike's Sheep Draft

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
My head's not in the game. Pick the most obvious round 1 combo then proceed to acquire a semi-sheep in order to get a good pick. Only that pick is on the block list. RIP.

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
My head's not in the game. Pick the most obvious round 1 combo then proceed to acquire a semi-sheep in order to get a good pick. Only that pick is on the block list. RIP.
What you should be doing is, send the good pick with a ineligible pick. So if the good pick is blocked, both the picks are wrong and you are free to choose a new game again again. If of course the good pick passes instead, you can then pick the semi sheep from the game.

Round 7 Pick 3 Results and Summary

Michaelf7777777

(∪。∪)。。。zzz
Round 7 Pick 3 Results

GSTQ - PASS and PASS
Sjor - PASS
Pnut - FAIL (Juan Sebastian Veron)
The Stain - PASS
Moby - FAIL (Ineligible Pick)
King Kendrick - PASS and PASS
Zlatan - PASS
EAP - FAIL (Juan Sebastian Veron)

Players Selected in Round 7

GSTQ - Bobby Charlton and Kurt Hamrin
Sjor - Samuel Eto’o and Carlos Tevez
Jim - Terry Butcher and Johan Neeskens
Pnut - Zinedine Zidane and Sheep (John O’Shea)
The Stain - Chris Sutton and Riccardo Ferri
Enigma - Ronaldinho and Sol Campbell
Chesterlestreet - Sepp Maier and John Greig
Marty - Roger Hunt and Tarcisio Burgnich
Moby - Dani Alves and Sheep (Lee Cattermole)
King Kendrick - Tony Adams and Gheorghe Hagi
Isotope - Peter Schmeichel and Paulo Sousa
Pat Mustard - Danny McGrain and Anatoliy Demyanenko
Zlatan - Fernando Hierro and Fabien Barthez
EAP - Patrice Evra and Sheep (Robert Huth)
Indnyc - Gerd Muller and Johnny Giles
Physiocrat - Ryan Giggs and Stefan Reuter

Round 7 Pick Progression

GSTQ - Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, Henry and Ronaldinho, Charlton and Hamrin
Sjor - Sanuel Eto'o and Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney, Carlos Tevez
Jim - Terry Butcher and Johan Neeskens
Pnut - Zinedine Zidane and Roy Keane, Ryan Giggs, Juan Sebastian Veron
The Stain - Jurgen Kohler and Roy Keane, Chris Sutton and Giuseppe Bergomi
Enigma - Henry and Ronaldinho, Campbell
Chesterlestreet - Maier and Greig
Marty - Hunt and Burgnich
Moby - Henry and Irwin, Rooney and Alves, Fletcher
King Kendrick - Irwin and Henry, Matthaus and Pearce, Adams and Hagi
Isotope - Schmeichel and Kohler, Sousa
Pat Mustard - Keane and Kohler, McGrain and Demyanenko
Zlatan - Hierro and Keane, Giggs, Barthez
EAP - Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, Evra and Makelele, Veron
Indnyc - Muller and Giles
Physiocrat - Kohler and Giggs, Reuter

Squads

1. GSTQ - 1) L. Monti 2) S. Pearce 3) P. Jones 4) J. Terry 5) N. Rossi 6) C. Alberto 7) Canario 8) B. Charlton 9) K. Hamrin
2. Sjor - 1) N. Vidic 2) K. De Bruyne 3) A. Cole 4) E. van der Sar 5) Z. Cajkovski 6) G. Best 7) D. Edwards 8) S. Eto’o 9) C. Tevez
3. Jim - 1) J. Charles 2) T. Taylor 3) U. Stielike 4) Michel 5) V. Beara 6) F. Puskas 7) G. Facchetti 8) T. Butcher 9) J. Neeskens
4. Pnut - 1) N. Zigic 2) G. Lineker 3) H. Larsson 4) G. Neville 5) E. Hapgood 6) C. Ferrara 7) J. Chilavert 8) Z. Zidane 9) J. O’Shea
5. The Stain - 1) Y. Toure 2) D. Silva 3) R. Carvalho 4) S. Busquets 5) F. Planicka 6) Pele 7) Rivaldo 8) C. Sutton 9) R. Ferri
6. Enigma - 1) M. Essien 2) R. Sterling 3) P. Jennings 4) J. Camacho 5) E. Ocwirk 6) E. Figueroa 7) Garrincha 8) Ronaldinho 9) S. Campbell
7. Chesterlestreet - 1) D. Blanchflower 2) J. Greaves 3) M. Kaltz 4) R. Donadoni 5) N. Franklin 6) F. Gento 7) G. Rivera 8) S. Maier 9) J. Greig
8. Marty - 1) M. Coluna 2) K. Keegan 3) C. Makelele 4) F. Cannavaro 5) J. Schiaffino 6) L. Kubala 7) Pirri 8) R. Hunt 9) T. Burgnich
9. Moby 1) B. Wright 2) A. Carroll 3) P. Cech 4) H. Sanchez 5) J. Moreno 6) M. Platini 7) A. Brehme 8) D. Alves 9) L. Cattermole
10. King Kendrick - 1) D. Drogba 2) F. Lampard 3) K. Mbappe 4) C. Puyol 5) R. Zamora 6) D. Bergkamp 7) P. Guardiola 8) T. Adams 9) G. Hagi
11. Isotope - 1) A. Finnbogason 2) D. Dean 3) B. Schweinsteiger 4) M. Tresor 5) Julinho 6) K-H. Schnellinger 7) Z. Boniek 8) P. Schmeichel 9) P. Sousa
12. Pat Mustard - 1) D. O’Leary 2) C. Waddle 3) L. Brady 4) W. Zenga 5) G. Nordahl 6) P. Falcao 7) R. Baggio 8) D. McGrain 9) A. Demyanenko
13. Zlatan - 1) M. Besic 2) E. Cantona 3) M. Rojo 4) C. Seedorf 5) S. Gambetta 6) M. van Basten 7) D. Beckham 8) F. Hierro 9) F. Barthez
14. EAP 1) A. Shevchenko 2) J. Lingard 3) T. Kroos 4) G. Breen 5) D. Compton 6) L. Figo 7) A. Iniesta 8) P. Evra 9) R. Huth
15.Indnyc 1) A. Simonsen 2) M. Thomas 3) A. Hansen 4) E. Davids 5) R. Maspoli 6) D. Passarella 7) J. Walters 8) G. Muller 9) J. Giles
16. Physiocrat 1) J. Mensah 2) T. Walcott 3) A. Robben 4) J. Tigana 5) S. Piola 6) R. Carlos 7) M. Desailly 8) R. Giggs 9) S. Reuter

Block List: Jose Leandro Andrade, Franco Baresi, Giuseppe Bergomi, Billy Bremner, Matt Busby, Fabio Capello, Luis Carniglia, Vicente Del Bosque, Alfredo Di Stefano, Sven-Goran Eriksson, Eusebio, Rio Ferdinand, Manuel Fleitas Solich, Paul Gascoigne, Thierry Henry, Helenio Herrera, Denis Irwin, Roy Keane, Jurgen Kohler, Philipp Lahm, Michael Laudrup, Denis Law, Cesare Maldini, Paolo Maldini, Lothar Matthaus, Stanley Matthews, Paul McGrath, Lionel Messi, Miguel Munoz, Pavel Nedved, Alessandro Nesta, Marc Overmars, Fernando Redondo, Frank Rijkaard, Bryan Robson, Cristiano Ronaldo, Luis Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney, Paul Scholes, Gaetano Scirea, Jaap Stam, Lilian Thuram, Giovanni Trapattoni, Louis van Gaal, Obdulio Varela, Juan Sebastian Veron, Xavi, Lev Yashin, Mario Zagallo, Branko Zebec, Zico

Round 8 Criteria

Michaelf7777777

(∪。∪)。。。zzz
Round 8 - Gameface

Pick a player that has appeared on the cover of a video game.

Please submit the name of the game with your pick in order to make it easier to confirm that the player meets the criteria.

Please submit your 1st pick within the next 24 hours.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Well, well...low risk approach not quite paying off (yet again). Could have picked up an absolute monster there - but since he was available in multiple scenarios, I was pretty sure he'd end up blocked.

Still, pieces added, sheep avoided - fair enough.

Enigma_87

You know who
@Indnyc great picks that. Thought of going for Muller last round as Ronnie and Henry would've been popular but was pretty sure if he gets blocked it would turn into a very shit round as I had to go for a CB and you picking Giles would ended up in the shit. :D

Indnyc

@Indnyc great picks that. Thought of going for Muller last round as Ronnie and Henry would've been popular but was pretty sure if he gets blocked it would turn into a very shit round as I had to go for a CB and you picking Giles would ended up in the shit. :D
Thanks! I was really hoping Leeds would go under the radar and no one would go for the other guy!

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
Sent pick 1 just to piss my old friend Enigma off.

Sent pick 2 as a hopeful

Sent pick 3 seeking ridiculous amount of luck.

Enigma_87

You know who
Sent pick 1 just to piss my old friend Enigma off.

Sent pick 2 as a hopeful

Sent pick 3 seeking ridiculous amount of luck.
Aye, first pick would be a most certain block. (You also need a striker, so don't give me that :D)

I imagine #2 and #3 would be the same...

sent too..

Indnyc

Aye, first pick would be a most certain block. (You also need a striker, so don't give me that :D)

I imagine #2 and #3 would be the same...

sent too..
Oh dear.. I think i understand and probably have picked the same player :(

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Unless I'm missing something there aren't many options so this could be quite a sheep fest
Depends how deep people are willing to dig, I suppose. There's a vast number of titles, on all kinds of platforms - so if you go looking beyond the obvious ones, it should be possible to unearth some gems. I've found a couple already - but the problem is obviously that by now people have specific needs, position wise, and the pool is clearly disproportionate (goal keepers generally don't tend to feature on covers).

I've come across some grey area stuff too, doing a quickish search - depictions of players who probably are intended to be X, Y or Z but the likeness is so feckin' shabby that I wouldn't risk it (and I haven't been able to confirm anywhere who the player is supposed to be).

Interesting theme - bad timing, since I really don't have time to go crazy with this.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Depends how deep people are willing to dig, I suppose. There's a vast number of titles, on all kinds of platforms - so if you go looking beyond the obvious ones, it should be possible to unearth some gems. I've found a couple already - but the problem is obviously that by now people have specific needs, position wise, and the pool is clearly disproportionate (goal keepers generally don't tend to feature on covers).

I've come across some grey area stuff too, doing a quickish search - depictions of players who probably are intended to be X, Y or Z but the likeness is so feckin' shabby that I wouldn't risk it (and I haven't been able to confirm anywhere who the player is supposed to be).

Interesting theme - bad timing, since I really don't have time to go crazy with this.
I just went for someone I expect to pass so I don't have to research the full thing.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Same here, mate. 2 positions sorted at the end for which could've been a very tricky round, considering we both went for some of the most popular choices :lol:

I'm pretty sure one GOAT slipped through this time and most probably @Jim Beam got him.
I wasn't expecting you to have got someone quite on Ronaldinho's level after this post! I nearly cock-blocked Beam on his Neeskens and Butcher duo but I didn't want to risk being locked into that Ipswich team. I actually assumed he'd went for an even more highly regarded GOAT. Thank feck no-one got that Messi/Cristiano combo.

Round 8 Pick 1 Results

Michaelf7777777

(∪。∪)。。。zzz
Round 8 Pick 1 Results

GSTQ - FAIL (Romario)
Sjor - PASS
Jim - PASS
Pnut - PASS
The Stain - FAIL (Patrick Vieira)
Enigma - FAIL (Romario)
Chesterlestreet - PASS
Marty - FAIL (Diego Maradona)
Moby - PASS
King Kendrick - PASS
Isotope - FAIL (Diego Maradona)
Pat Mustard - PASS
Zlatan - FAIL (Patrick Vieira)
EAP - FAIL (Player Blocked)
Indnyc - PASS
Physiocrat - PASS

Block List: Jose Leandro Andrade, Franco Baresi, Giuseppe Bergomi, Billy Bremner, Matt Busby, Fabio Capello, Luis Carniglia, Vicente Del Bosque, Alfredo Di Stefano, Sven-Goran Eriksson, Eusebio, Rio Ferdinand, Manuel Fleitas Solich, Paul Gascoigne, Thierry Henry, Helenio Herrera, Denis Irwin, Roy Keane, Jurgen Kohler, Philipp Lahm, Michael Laudrup, Denis Law, Cesare Maldini, Paolo Maldini, Diego Maradona, Lothar Matthaus, Stanley Matthews, Paul McGrath, Lionel Messi, Miguel Munoz, Pavel Nedved, Alessandro Nesta, Marc Overmars, Fernando Redondo, Frank Rijkaard, Bryan Robson, Romario, Cristiano Ronaldo, Luis Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney, Paul Scholes, Gaetano Scirea, Jaap Stam, Lilian Thuram, Giovanni Trapattoni, Louis van Gaal, Obdulio Varela, Juan Sebastian Veron, Patrick Vieira, Xavi, Lev Yashin, Mario Zagallo, Branko Zebec, Zico

Please submit your 2nd selections in the next 12 hours