Mike's Sheep Draft

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
wanted either two passes or two fails so im happy with this :D

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
Sorry lads, I'll have to drop out as I am not able to participate till after Christmas. Good luck to the rest.

Michaelf7777777

(∪。∪)。。。zzz
Round 1 Pick 3 Results

P-nut - FAIL (Already Picked) and FAIL (Already Picked)

Sjor Bepo - Pass and Pass

Skizzo - FAIL (No Pick)

Edgar Allan Pillow - Pass and Pass

The Stain - Pass

Marty1968 - Pass

cubemine - FAIL (No Pick) and FAIL (No Pick)

Round 1 Selections Summary

Physiocrat - Paolo Maldini and Mauro Silva

P-nut - Sheep and Sheep

Enigma_87 - Freddie Ljungberg and Hristo Stoichkov

Chesterlestreet - Bobby Charlton and Hilario

Jim Beam - Joaquim da Silva Carvalho and Denis Law

Sjor Bepo - Jean Tigana and Ivan Gudelj

Skizzo - Daniele De Rossi and Sheep

Indnyc - Alessandro Nesta and Juan Carlos Valeron

Edgar Allan Pillow - Marquinhos and Sergio Busquets

The Stain - Thiago Silva and Luis Suarez

Marty1968 - Joan Capdevilla and Alessandro Costacurta

Pat_Mustard - Pirri and Colin Todd

Cubemine - Sheep and Sheep

Round 1 Pick by Pick Summary

Physiocrat - Paolo Maldini and Mauro Silva

P-nut - Johan Neeskens and Rob Rensenbrink; Andres Iniesta and Thiago Silva; Bobby Charlton and Joaquim da Silva Carvalho

Enigma_87 - Johan Neeskens and Rob Rensenbrink; Freddie Ljungberg and Hristo Stoichkov

Chesterlestreet - Bobby Charlton and Hilario

Jim Beam - Joaquim da Silva Carvalho and Denis Law

Sjor Bepo - Rob Rensenbrink and Johan Neeskens; Cafu and Mauro Silva; Jean Tigana and Ivan Gudelj

Skizzo - Lionel Messi and Daniele De Rossi; No Pick; No Pick

Indnyc - Alessandro Nesta and Juan Carlos Velaron

Edgar Allan Pillow - No Pick and No Pick; Mauro Silva and Paolo Maldini; Marquinhos and Sergio Busquets

The Stain - Lionel Messi and Thiago Silva; Andres Iniesta; Luis Suarez

Marty1968 - No Pick and No Pick; Cafu and Joan Capdevilla; Alessandro Costacurta

Pat_Mustard - Rob Rensenbrink and Johan Neeskens; Pirri and Colin Todd

cubemine - No Pick and No Pick; No Pick and No Pick; No Pick and No Pick

Michaelf7777777

(∪。∪)。。。zzz
Round 1 Sheep Allocation

@Skizzo you're missed selections allowed @The Stain to get Luis Suarez so your sheep will be Denis Suarez instead.

The two sheep pairs will be from ties which featured the two best unpicked players in this round in Cruyff and Falcao.

Cruyff featured in a 3rd round UEFA cup tie in 77/78 between Barcelona and Ipswich so @P-Nut Sheep will be Antonio Olmo and Paul Mariner

Falcao featured in a 1st round Cup Winners Cup tie in 1980/81 between Roma and eventual finalists Carl Zeiss Jena. @cubemine sheep will be Luciano Spinosi and Jurgen Raab

Michaelf7777777

(∪。∪)。。。zzz
Squads and Block List after Round 1

Physiocrat - 1) P. Maldini 2) Mauro Silva

P-nut - 1) A. Olmo 2) P. Mariner

Enigma_87 - 1) F. Ljungberg 2) H. Stoichkov

Chesterlestreet - 1) B. Charlton 2) Hilario

Jim Beam - 1) J. Carvalho 2) D. Law

Sjor Bepo - 1) J. Tigana 2) I. Gudelj

Skizzo - 1) D. De Rossi 2) D. Suarez

Indnyc - 1) A. Nesta 2) J. C. Velaron

Edgar Allan Pillow - 1) Marquinhos 2) S. Busquets

The Stain - 1) Thiago Silva 2) L. Suarez

Marty1968 - 1) J. Capdevilla 2) A. Costacurta

Pat_Mustard - 1) Pirri 2) C. Todd

Cubemine - 1) L. Spinosi 2) J. Raab

Block List: Cafu, Andres Iniesta, Lionel Messi, Johan Neeskens, Rob Rensenbrink

Last edited:

Michaelf7777777

(∪。∪)。。。zzz
Round 2 - Gatecrashers

Pick a player who played for a team which beat the host nation in a knockout game at the FIFA World Cup. The player must have been on the pitch at some point during the match in which the home nation was beaten.

Please send your picks within the next 24 hours.

Marty1968

Wow!!! So many good players that actually didn't get picked up there!! Wish I'd been a bit braver in my first round but thought he'd have been picked up for sure!

Maybe after this round can we all agree to a day or two off, or maybe a round where we have 48 hours to pick? Over Christmas Day/Boxing Day i'll be doing far more interesting things than researching draft picks so could just schedule for the remaining rounds to start on 27th?? Just an idea...

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
Was about to suggest the same. Down to 11/12 now with no posts from Cubermine and Skizzo as well. Might as well start/restart it after a few days with a full roster of 16.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Maybe after this round can we all agree to a day or two off, or maybe a round where we have 48 hours to pick? Over Christmas Day/Boxing Day i'll be doing far more interesting things than researching draft picks so could just schedule for the remaining rounds to start on 27th?? Just an idea...
Yep - makes sense.

Michaelf7777777

(∪。∪)。。。zzz
Yeah I'd say a break over crimbo, or if we can get a full roster of players then maybe yeah restarting it.
We could also allow people to join adter christmas and have a catch up round for them to submit picks while the people who have been in the draft from the start submit blocks.

Michaelf7777777

(∪。∪)。。。zzz
I'm thinking we should either restart or have a catchup round but am willing to wait to hear opinions from other people who are participating in this draft.

Indnyc

I'm thinking we should either restart or have a catchup round but am willing to wait to hear opinions from other people who are participating in this draft.
If there are more people, I am happy to restart.. I think it’s early enough for people to be okay with it

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
The catch-up round with blocks sounds fun (and I'm fairly happy with my two picks so far) but I'm happy either way if most people favour a restart.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Would be nice to get a full 16 going.

I'm fine with either method (complete restart or catch-up round).

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
I'll wait for a decision before i do my research. I don't mind either way.

Marty1968

Sounds good to me! Happy Christmas all!! Have a good one! If you can post on here exactly what time and date we'll be restarting then we can all make sure that we're about.

Michaelf7777777

(∪。∪)。。。zzz
I'll post the first category of the restart on the weekend but will start the deadlines on New Years Day (which means that the deadline for the 1st pick of round 1 will be at midnight on the 2nd of January)

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
I'll post the first category of the restart on the weekend but will start the deadlines on New Years Day (which means that the deadline for the 1st pick of round 1 will be at midnight on the 2nd of January)
Put the heavy research criteria first, post it now and start the deadlibe when you said.