g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Gaming Minecraft | New caf 1.18 SMP server SIGN UP?

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
I briefly went on yesterday. Is there any town or buildings yet? I went and plundered a temple near spawn since I love building in sandstone.

Also, can my gf get whitelisted? Her name is Miramell
If you want I can teleport you one time back there so you can get any stuff or set your home there if you want to stay. I'll whitelist her when I can, it's a bit fickle.

BTW guys don't forget you can use '/spawn' to teleport there and also '/home' to teleport to your home (wherever you previously typed '/sethome'.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
If you want I can teleport you one time back there so you can get any stuff or set your home there if you want to stay. I'll whitelist her when I can, it's a bit fickle.

BTW guys don't forget you can use '/spawn' to teleport there and also '/home' to teleport to your home (wherever you previously typed '/sethome'.
Yeah would be nice to retrieve the small amount of stuff I had collected - I basically blew up the temple with TNT and got about 1000 sandstone sitting in a chest, and some coal/iron etc, although I had most of it on me at time of death, annoyingly.

Brocky

Pissed off! :mad:

Got started tonight. Built a little hut and found a cave nearby. Ventured in with my cobblestone tools to find some coal and hopefully a bit of iron. A few minutes in, I stumble upon a mine. Jackpot! Spent about an hour in there, picking up all sorts but after a few run-ins with poisonous spiders and creepers I decided to not push my luck and take my full inventory back to my hovel. I made it safely above ground and was just looking round to get my bearings and head home when I get ambushed by two skeletons. Dead.

I lost 4 full stacks of rail-track, 4 stacks of iron, 2 mine carts, a few stacks of fence and a stack of string. I wouldn't mind but it was broad daylight so there shouldn't have even been mobs above ground.

4 stacks of rail-track. :(

I hate this game.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
@Brocky unlucky man! There is a cave spider spawner (maybe two) deep in a mineshaft near spawn which I have gone down to a couple of times but those things are bloody deadly.

Brocky

@Brocky unlucky man! There is a cave spider spawner (maybe two) deep in a mineshaft near spawn which I have gone down to a couple of times but those things are bloody deadly.
Aye, I found one of those. it was covered in web and in a well lit tunnel, so it wasn't spawning. I was likely in the same mine. It's huge.

Gutted I lost all that track. I was above ground, but just couldn't find my way back to pick it up again, as I had just dug my way upwards from deep in the mine, so had no idea where I died. If you come across a random gravel column, around 5 stacks high in the middle of a green biome, then that's where it was. I was trying to mark the spot with a tower, so I could go back in again. :(

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Aye, I found one of those. it was covered in web and in a well lit tunnel, so it wasn't spawning. I was likely in the same mine. It's huge.

Gutted I lost all that track. I was above ground, but just couldn't find my way back to pick it up again, as I had just dug my way upwards from deep in the mine, so had no idea where I died. If you come across a random gravel column, around 5 stacks high in the middle of a green biome, then that's where it was. I was trying to mark the spot with a tower, so I could go back in again. :(
That mineshaft is a deathtrap though. My gf (Miramell) was in there this morning, she found a dungeon with two iron horse armours, a CD, some saddles etc...

And then she died. I was so angry with her :D

Brocky

That mineshaft is a deathtrap though. My gf (Miramell) was in there this morning, she found a dungeon with two iron horse armours, a CD, some saddles etc...

And then she died. I was so angry with her :D
Ouch.

I found a really big canyon quite close by, also. Gonna check it out tonight.

Just so you know, I plan to build out in the water, in that bay where my hovel is.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Ouch.

I found a really big canyon quite close by, also. Gonna check it out tonight.

Just so you know, I plan to build out in the water, in that bay where my hovel is.
Yeah I think I know the ravine you are talking about - it connects to another massive one.

I have also found a giant deep cave complex underneath Cloudwatch. There is a ladder to it in the entrance.

The thing I really want to try to find is an underwater monument thing. Looks like there are some awesome materials you can get there.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
@Damien or some other mod - it would be super cool if we could change the thread title to mention that a new Caf server is up and running (we can stick the details in the OP or so)... generate some more interest etc from people.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
So is the server straight survival? Everyone trusted not to steal shit and destroy stuff?
Its survival with a couple of useful utility mods like Lockette (allows you to lock your chests) and Tree-Assist (for cutting trees), but mostly vanilla.

Its a no PvP setup and yes, mostly people are trusted not to be idiots, which is why we use a whitelist (@Vidic_In_Moscow can add you potentially).

Its worth checking it out if you are interested as the more people we get active(ish) on the server, the better it becomes. In the old days we had a good 12 or so active people and it was a lot of fun.

Aussie_Red_Devil

Its survival with a couple of useful utility mods like Lockette (allows you to lock your chests) and Tree-Assist (for cutting trees), but mostly vanilla.

Its a no PvP setup and yes, mostly people are trusted not to be idiots, which is why we use a whitelist (@Vidic_In_Moscow can add you potentially).

Its worth checking it out if you are interested as the more people we get active(ish) on the server, the better it becomes. In the old days we had a good 12 or so active people and it was a lot of fun.
Sounds good, bit bored of single player so will be good to be on a server with others. Usually play a few hours a week depending on work schedule. Also my pc that i usually played on died so currently using the wife's mac. So access can be shit at times lol.

There a communal area to start building in or just heading out to find our own places.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Sounds good, bit bored of single player so will be good to be on a server with others. Usually play a few hours a week depending on work schedule. Also my pc that i usually played on died so currently using the wife's mac. So access can be shit at times lol.

There a communal area to start building in or just heading out to find our own places.
You can pretty much do your own thing but normally we try to build near the spawn. Vimmers and someone found a nice looking spot and changed the spawnpoint to there. There is a community shack/chests with supplies etc, not a huge amount of buildings and construction yet as the server is pretty new and not many people active on there yet.

@rcoobc I miss your crazy circular buildings ;)

Aussie_Red_Devil

You can pretty much do your own thing but normally we try to build near the spawn. Vimmers and someone found a nice looking spot and changed the spawnpoint to there. There is a community shack/chests with supplies etc, not a huge amount of buildings and construction yet as the server is pretty new and not many people active on there yet.

@rcoobc I miss your crazy circular buildings ;)
Thanks for the info mate. Will see you on there in a few weeks.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks

@rcoobc I miss your crazy circular foundations ;)
Not sure I ever finished a building!

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
@Vidic_In_Moscow just been exploring and found possibly the coolest biome/area I have ever seen in minecraft. Its quite a long way away from spawn - at about -2700/-1650, but its an immensely cool looking area. Giant spires that go about twice as high as Cloudwatch. Awesome rock formations, a nearby red desert....

http://postimg.org/gallery/2deptg7cy/d9282100/
Some screenshots

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
A few more: http://postimg.org/gallery/2q67chpes/b12ff5c1/

I am really tempted to set my home here.

Also, found an ocean monument quite close to spawn, only a short boat ride away from the newly built dock (accessible from the ground floor level of Cloudwatch). I havent investigated yet as I need to prepare with some potions and enchants, but I built a little outpost on an island very close to the monument, as a sort of staging area for any future expedition.

Last edited:

JTW95

Gullible sausage
I am going to buy the PC version and get in on the action. Never played it on PC though so ill probably be the confused guy walking in to walls.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Couple of little screenshots from the Caf town-to-be;

Waldner

Balloon headed Pokemon innovator & kitten murderer
Could I be whitelisted please?

UrbanHero

JTW95

Gullible sausage
I am up and running.

Jack1795

Not to sure where to go from here but I assume I have to be whitelisted like everybody else is asking. :rolleyes:

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
We used to use a blacklist back in the old days, but with the server details being public, we got all sorts of trolls coming in and destroying stuff. Even some from RAWK one time.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Right I am in. Not sure on any of the controls so excuse me ignoring the hello's.

Do Xbox One controllers work with this does anybody know?

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
So I looked through the whole thread plus my own screenshots and found every picture I could to put into albums for each server we've had. After the ones I've got so far, I don't have any screenshots at all and my memory isn't great with those servers. I thought it'd be good to pool all our photos together into one central album separated into servers.

Redcafe On Minecraft Album

Please have a look through your own screenshots so I can add them all into the album. Preferably upload them somewhere so I can save and re-upload them to the album or e-mail them to me or something.

P.S @Stemmy you usually play when the servers are new, just a courtesy tag in case you missed this one. :)

Stemmy

Thanks man for the tag I hadn't seen this I might jump in actually if I get a chance over the weekend. Will definitely join up by early next week.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
@Vidic_In_Moscow found a couple (but only a couple) of old screenies that I stuck on the album. A good overview of the town from map, and my old giant creeper robot thing.

On an unrelated note, is it possible to get a dynamic map or similar for the new server? I always enjoyed those.

edit: Or at least I am trying to upload them but it is stuck on pending.