Mino Raiola non-appreciation thread 2017-2018

jem

I'm sure it's been said, and I know some will say it would be unrealistic/cutting-nose-off-to-spite-face, etc. but I would honestly love to see the club ban Raiola. In other words, refuse to ever buy his players and ask any existing ones to make a 'you're with us or against us' decision and leave Raiola. Yes it would suck to be cut off from the possibility of getting certain star players, but look at it from the other side: if you were a player, and you knew that working for Raiola meant never having the chance to play for United, you might think twice. Of course there are some players who wouldn't be put off by that, but then those should be the players we don't want anyway. Sucking up to Raiola has done zero good for us, while at the same time inflating his bank account, and more worryingly, his influence over the club. People can go on all they like about how he's doing the best for his clients. I personally don't agree, but even if it's true, let some other club suffer his paternal benevolence.

The beautiful thing about football is that there is a vast pool of talent worldwide, more than enough to allow us to look beyond Raiola's harem. That's the big difference compared to American sports like basketball and American football, where the pool of elite talent is much more limited.

The thing I miss most about Fergie is that he was clearly the boss, and no bottom-feeder agent was going to undermine that. Sure we lost Pogba the first time around, but I'm now starting to think that Fergie saw something in him, something that we're all seeing now: a top-level with a questionable mentality. Of course he'd have likely preferred Pogba to stay, but he wasn't about to prostrate himself to a player and his agent, especially an unproven one at the time.

Ok that was a rambling, slightly pointless post, but it's just such a joke to see what we've become.

pascell

No, he’s a snake and I’d expect nothing less from him. Scholes on the other hand, is my favourite player ever, but I find his comments disappointing at this moment.
To be fair he's paid as a pundit for his opinion, this time again it was about Pogba and Scholes didn't hold back. But would anyone of us that love our club hold back in the same situation? I definitely wouldn't, these highly paid players have hidden behind 3 managers now and have come up with absolutely nothing, then they come out and say their attitudes weren't right, it's nothing short of embarrassing and very, very worrying.

If these players aren't happy with what legends of our clubs are saying about their performances, they either need to start proving them wrong with consistent performances, or leave.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
We're quickly becoming a farce of a club with shit like this.

The agent of our "superstar" player and Captain Can't-Be-Arsed just taking the piss out of the club on Twitter. Don't tell me for a second he did this without Pogba's permission either. These rotten pair of pricks are gonna use every trick in the book over the course of this season to cause unrest to get out.

The vagueness ("I'll be fined") Issues with mentality ("Didn't have the right attitude") and now outright disrespect with this bullshit. This is only after two weeks.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
God almighty can Woodward not take control of this whole situation? He needs to make up his mind, Paul and Jose are never seeing eye to eye. Jose is doing a bad job, Paul's inconsistent and has a shit agent with a big disrespectful mouth. Either bin Jose or bin Pogba and be done with it, or lay down the fecking law with all parties.

Absolutely sick of all this circus.

JSArsenal

What did Scholes say about Pogba that was so bad that Raiola is reacting like this?

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
I don't understand why players agent's are paid by the club.

My point is that agents in other lines of work are paid by the person they represent. Why should a club firstly have to pay somebody else's agent and then have to take nonsense, with no means of redress, from the very person they are paying. It's crazy and doesn't encourage the players to shop around when it comes to looking for an agent.

The system needs to change. In other leagues the agents have to be registered and abide by the rules. If an agent starts causing trouble he is warned or struck off. The game has given agents in this country a free rein.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
He's a bit of an arse isn't he? Definitely only cares about his own bank account.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I don't understand why players agent's are paid by the club.

My point is that agents in other lines of work are paid by the person they represent. Why should a club firstly have to pay somebody else's agent and then have to take nonsense, with no means of redress, from the very person they are paying. It's crazy and doesn't encourage the players to shop around when it comes to looking for an agent.

The system needs to change. In other leagues the agents have to be registered and abide by the rules. If an agent starts causing trouble he is warned or struck off. The game has given agents in this country a free rein.
Because clubs also hire them to facilitate transfers.

El Zoido

I don’t think he’s entirely correct about Pogba. But regardless, the club is toxic right now with Pogba and Jose flinging shit, ex-players fighting with Raiola in public, etc. Every day brings a new drama and none of it does the team any good.

GBBQ

He's a bit of an arse isn't he? Definitely only cares about his own bank account.
An agent is always going to look to make money off their clients but there has to be some level if instigation or agreement from said client. Its not like every Raiola client is looking to move after a season or two.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
An agent is always going to look to make money off their clients but there has to be some level if instigation or agreement from said client. Its not like every Raiola client is looking to move after a season or two.
I think you'd be better off without Pogba to be honest, especially if he's kicking up a fuss like this. I don't think he's reached his potential at United and is actually complicating Mourinho's midfield for him because he doesn't really fit into what the manager wants. Mourinho's playing him because he has to in my opinion.

Would I be right in assuming that if this was happening whilst Ferguson was around, Pogba would've been sold by now?

GBBQ

I think you'd be better off without Pogba to be honest, especially if he's kicking up a fuss like this. I don't think he's reached his potential at United and is actually complicating Mourinho's midfield for him because he doesn't really fit into what the manager wants. Mourinho's playing him because he has to in my opinion.

Would I be right in assuming that if this was happening whilst Ferguson was around, Pogba would've been sold by now?
I don't think SAF would have taken him back after the manner of his exit.

He's clearly a top class player but I don't know if he fits Mourinho's style.

Thisistheone

As Fergie said, Riola is a Shitbag.

He's also turning a lot of Utd fans against Pogba, who is half the player Paul Scholes ever was.

Baxter

If people think selling him and playing Fred, Andreas, Matic, Herrera and Fellaini etc is suddenly going to help then they’re blindly optimistic. Not one of them has been consistently good for us and then just saying bring in Savic as well is nonsense.

There is a massive problem at United with the fact that virtually every player is underperforming. Pogba gets singled out because he cost so much money and now Mino is giving it lip, but the rest have been just as bad. Getting rid of him will do nothing.

Donald Dodd

This would never had happened under SAF. From the moment you signed on the dotted line, you knew the club always came first. How i miss you SAF.

Irrational.

Cheers.

It's time to stand up to this feckwit imo. Nobody at the club wants to get a grip of the situation so it's time we took a stand, because nobody seems to give a crap about the supporters with the way they are dealing with any of the things going on at the club.
Absolutely agree. He's a fat bully, and it's about time someone said something. Pogba can feck off as well, he clearly does not want to be here and has lost a lot of respect with the fans after this debacle. Fecking coward doesn't have the balls to say what he really thinks - instead coming out with things like "I'll be fined", and getting his agent to say what he's really thinking.

Jose having to pussyfoot around the issue, make him captain and not to say anything nasty so as not to upset him... Feck that. His performance the other day was shambolic, and he hasn't been up to scratch since he arrived at the club. He thinks he's better than he actually is and too good for the club.

With the turmoil we're in at the moment we don't have time for drama. If I was Woody/ Jose, I'd feck them both off the next opportunity someone offered £150 million+. I've had enough of the pair of them.

Ban

If people think selling him and playing Fred, Andreas, Matic, Herrera and Fellaini etc is suddenly going to help then they’re blindly optimistic. Not one of them has been consistently good for us and then just saying bring in Savic as well is nonsense.

There is a massive problem at United with the fact that virtually every player is underperforming. Pogba gets singled out because he cost so much money and now Mino is giving it lip, but the rest have been just as bad. Getting rid of him will do nothing.
Right away not. But it's a baggage which will be heavier and heavier. It's obvious Pogba doesn't want to restrain his cnut agent and all this stuff is fast becoming ridiculous. Even if Jose goes Pogba and Raiola problem will stay for the next manager.. Pogba saying he cares about the fans and the club sound so hollow and empty.
He's acting like he's bigger than the club and right now he actually is. Sad times, sad sad times.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
What did Scholes say about Pogba that was so bad that Raiola is reacting like this?
:lol: Absolutely nothing that nobody else wasn't already thinking, or Pogba shouldn't have been thinking himself.

Honestly, Pogba genuinely needs to take a long hard look at himself and consider how he wants to be remembered when all is said and done. He's treading a fine line because these are the years where he should be making a name for himself. If he left to Barca and didn't kick on, which he absolutely won't with this outlook, then that's it. He'll never be remembered as a great. He's going the complete wrong way about all this and he'll end up damaging his reputation permanently.

MUFC OK

So many world class and top class talents at United have and are underperforming year in year out and that's what we need to get to the bottom of. we could have KDB instead of Pogba and he would probably cut and average, frustrated figure too. Pogba has to be part of the solution, not the problem. If you cannot see that he is out best outfield player I don't think football is for you.

Morpheus 7

I still find it strange that people are defending Paul. That fast bstard says nothing without Paul's consent. He's clearly still pushing for a late move or this wouldn't be coming out. I really like Pogba and want him to be our main man but can't stomach this behaviour. If I never forgive Rooney it would be a double standard to let Pogba of the hook, I don't think he should be captaining United. He shouldn't be representing the team, it's snake behaviour from his camp. Jose is a joke and his played his role in this mess. United have become rotten and need to be stripped from top to bottom.

ash_86

I don't care what players are under his payroll, just stop getting those players. We cannot make peace after letting in the devil. How can a player perform if the agent is whoring him out all the time? Enough is enough. Either Pogba changes his agent or he should be sold should be the Board's stance.

walkinhop

Is it that outlandish to want Pogba benched for more than a few matches? Don't sell him and cave in, just bench him for 10 matches and anyone who stirs shite. There are plenty of youngsters who are hungry to have their chance. I doubt their performances will be half bad either. Take a year to restructure and lay some law.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Just fecking sell him. He's such a drama queen and making a mockery of this club. Fergie wouldn't even think twice. I'm sure we can take the money we get for him, get in a good midfielder and strengthen our right wing with it. We will be better off as a whole.

Needham

People wazz on pros of the 70s and 80s for being inarticulate or out of shape but I look at this photo and remember to be less harsh on the match day thread trolls beasting current players.

el3mel

Lukaku should be the last player we ever get as a client from this fat man.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He gets a cut of each of his transfers doesn't he ? So why should we be surprised he is once again attempting to move his most valuable asset.