Mino Raiola non-appreciation thread 2017-2018

Tiber

Many people found it hilarious when he was throwing chairs around to get players here. Didn't think it would be so funny 2 years later when he fancied some more fees and was throwing chairs around Carrington to move them all on. Zlatan the mercenary only lasted a year and a bit, Mkhitaryan is long gone and Pogba's days are numbered. Probably not as fun now

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Most overrated player on the planet and the most odious agent in football trying to hold the club by the balls...

And we're allowing it to happen...

Dark days

Fast becoming one of my least favourite United players ever. He’s mostly been average to poor here. Not even the managers most harsh critic can deny he’s done everything to try and get pogba playing well apart from letting him manage the team. He’s come back from a good World Cup (first time I can remember him putting more than 2 good performances back to back in 3 years) and acted the total primadonna angling for a move away using the narrative that he’s not being coached correctly. Frankly it’s bullshit. He’s unmanageable the way he’s playing and using the press. Who could manage that? He’d be out under Fergie 100%. What’s more worrying is we keep signing these idiots on huge money who don’t really care if they are here or at any other club who can afford them. They run as soon as they are challenged by the manager to improve. What a mess we are!

I think it’s fair to say under Fergie we wouldn’t have made half of these stupid mistakes. We are directionless and that comes from the very top. It goes beyond any manager. It’s those clowns with no long term plan appointing these managers that don’t quite fit at the end of the day and this is what we are left with.

Last edited:

Ban

He doesn't put Pogba to transfers constantly. He ain't Pogba's God, neither his mum. If Pogba doesn't want to get sold, he can either tell that to Raiola (like Nedved who stayed at Juve for a long time) or fire him (like Lukaku).

There are no sides to be taken. Raiola is doing his job and is very good at it. I don't understand the anger towards him. Pogba seems to either want to leave or get a higher wage, and Raiola is doing his job to achieve it. Raiola cares only for his players (or better, the money he gets from them), he doesn't give a shit about the club. And rightly so, he is a businessman, not a fan.
Thats all good but we fans care about the club or so we should. Seems to me Pogba hasn't told Raiola to shut up. If you don't understand an anger towards Raiola I can't help you. I guess it's good to whisper in Pogbas ear and speak shit about United legends.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
His agent is a parasite.

If Paul pogba wants to be a legendary player in football, the only man stopping him and distracting him from achieving that goal is Raiola.

He's milking Pogba on a daily basis.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Everything about this club is just a mess at the moment, getting tired of it. Big changes needed.

DutchRed7

Who does this guy think he is? A couple of years ago he called Johan Cruijff a demented a**hole, and now this about United legend Scholes?
Know your place Mino!

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Neville and Phelan wading in nicely.

This guy is an absolute stain. If I won the lottery I'd hire someone to egg him every day.

El Zoido

But it's healthy for Raiola to stir shit around our club? Putting Pogba in the window constantly.
No, he’s a snake and I’d expect nothing less from him. Scholes on the other hand, is my favourite player ever, but I find his comments disappointing at this moment.

Member 90887

What doesn’t this have to do with the club? One of our star players’ agents is chatting shit about one of the most respected players we’ve ever had. Raiola and Pogba as things stand are making a mockery of United.
We have a captain who is paying an agent who is outputting this nonsense.
What i meant was, how is it the fault of the club here. the responsability falls on Pogba for allowing Raiola to disrespect the club.

BananaIceman

I'm sorry but how is he doing this exactly :lol: ? I understand disliking him but let's not invent stuff.
Really? Offering the player to our rivals and explicitly stating that Pogba has plenty of suitors is not holding a club to ransom? He is basically saying pay up or let (will) leave. Or, do you see this in another light in your own imagination?

Zlatattack

I looked at his twitter feed, he's got a lot of tweets where he is defending his players from media attacks. I think this is just another one of those things.

The man is a football agent, his job is to find new contracts so he can get a share. Every player who has an agent will be doing the same. The only thing is, previously the life and work of an agent was all behind closed doors, today some of it is on twitter.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Sure. Where did you hear that?
When I said I'm hearing rumours it's more accurate to say I'm starting rumours. Even if there'd be more straight talking and the likes of Raiola would be out on their arses I doubt it would be a goer (at least not without Keane in as Neville's enforcer #ThePowerofThreeWillSetUsFree).

AshRK

Everything about this club is just a mess at the moment, getting tired of it. Big changes needed.
Exactly. Jose tried somewhat to be bring some positiveness after beating Leicester by praising his players and then we lose to let press have another fun week at the expense of us and now this. We need a leader, not just on the pitch but even off the pitch. Woodward is not that. He doesnt know much about football with the way he has been working. Let us bring back gill or go for someone who can bring some unity at the club. This is not the Manchester United I loved.

Trizy

Regardless of Pogba moving or not, Raiola is very bad for football.

All big clubs should just agree not to deal with him. This will force players to get new agents if they want a move to a top club. Or something in general should be done about agents.

redIndianDevil

What doesn’t this have to do with the club? One of our star players’ agents is chatting shit about one of the most respected players we’ve ever had. Raiola and Pogba as things stand are making a mockery of United.
The agent is merely protecting his player for unwarranted criticism, what's wrong with it? Why can't a top player like Scholes analyze our play and point out to Pogba's mistakes in the pitch or our poor technique and pathetic gameplay, I'm sure any footballer would be willing to take constructive criticisms in football from the legends of the game. It's when they come out with bog standard cliched punditry bullshit like leadership, passion etc that players and agents get pissed off.

Revan

Assumptionman
Thats all good but we fans care about the club or so we should. Seems to me Pogba hasn't told Raiola to shut up. If you don't understand an anger towards Raiola I can't help you. I guess it's good to whisper in Pogbas ear and speak shit about United legends.
Bingo. The anger (if you want) should be directed towards Pogba, not Raiola. If Pogba wants to stay here, he could easily say to Raiola to stop talking or fire him if Raiola continues.

Revan

Assumptionman
Wow this guy really is the least classy fecker out there isn't he? I've found it hard to comment here after the game Sunday, but I will to say this fella can do one. Imagine your agent having a go at club legends just because they had some criticism. Would love for Pogba to sack the fecker, but I don't see that as likely. Sir Alex was right that whole time he refused to deal with him. Brings nothing but trouble. I'm surprised (and concerned) that someone like Lukaku would have him as an agent.
He didn't. Sir Alex thought that Pogba had an extra year on his contract, and later tried to make Pogba sign a new contract, and we offered more money than Juve did, but Pogba didn't want to stay here. It didn't have much to do with us not wanting to extend Pogba's contract.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
What i meant was, how is it the fault of the club here. the responsability falls on Pogba for allowing Raiola to disrespect the club.
Yeah but it heavily involves the club, so combined with everything else at the moment I think the other fellas comments are fair. Absolute shambles.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
It’s obvious Pogba the child is fuelling all of this. Get rid of him and never work with that fat tosspot Raiola again.

Ban

Bingo. The anger (if you want) should be directed towards Pogba, not Raiola. If Pogba wants to stay here, he could easily say to Raiola to stop talking or fire him if Raiola continues.
Pogba and Raiola combination is too much of a baggage right now. I must say Pogba's actions are horrible, starring with letting Raiola spout garbage around.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Really? Offering the player to our rivals and explicitly stating that Pogba has plenty of suitors is not holding a club to ransom? He is basically saying pay up or let (will) leave. Or, do you see this in another light in your own imagination?
Holding a club hostage is advising a player not to renew a contract or something like that. Presenting his client to other interested parties is well within his right, he doesn't work for the club and the club has a say in the matter by simply saying Pogba isn't for sale and that's it... Ever heard of a ransom where you actually have a choice in your own imagination ?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Why can’t people be annoyed at both of them?

This place is so strange. When Scholes was critical of Pogba last year the vast majority seemed to think he was out of order. When Raiola makes the same point, the vast majority seem to think it’s him that’s out of order.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
The agent is merely protecting his player for unwarranted criticism, what's wrong with it? Why can't a top player like Scholes analyze our play and point out to Pogba's mistakes in the pitch or our poor technique and pathetic gameplay, I'm sure any footballer would be willing to take constructive criticisms in football from the legends of the game. It's when they come out with bog standard cliched punditry bullshit like leadership, passion etc that players and agents get pissed off.
Well considering Pogba was captain for the Brighton game I think saying he lacked leadership and passion is completely and utterly true. He admitted himself he didn’t have the right attitude. His head dropped, he gave the ball away a ridiculous amount and he looked like he couldn’t be arsed because things weren’t going his way.

Noc-Z

ffs
I haven't been impressed by Pogba from day one. He's more of a social media star than he is a footballer. For me this is an example of supporting the club fully, but actively disliking one of the players. He's looked like an immature diva to be honest. I think Mourinho must have made him captain to pander to him. When you think of the lineage of captains we've had (until more recent times) and then arrive at Pogba, it's quite sickening.

Revan

Assumptionman
Why can’t people be annoyed at both of them?

This place is so strange. When Scholes was critical of Pogba last year the vast majority seemed to think he was out of order. When Raiola makes the same point, the vast majority seem to think it’s him that’s out of order.
Because Raiola is neither a United legend, not a fan. He also doesn't work for United. He doesn't care for us. We are nothing to him, as he should be to us. He is protecting his player, trying to get the best possible deal, which is exactly his job. Anything less and he would be doing his job in a worse manner.

The same can be said for Scholes (he was doing his job as a pundit), but he has allegiances to United and some players didn't like one of our own to criticize one of our top players.

Getting angry at Raiola is like getting angry at whoever negotiated adidas deal so they'll pay us less if we don't qualify of UCL. These agents don't work for us, and we should neither expect anything good from them, nor be angry at them when they try to get the best deal for their client (and by extension, themselves).

ariel

Raiola is despicable
But he is not worth paying attention to, that's really all he wants

stu_1992

He didn't. Sir Alex thought that Pogba had an extra year on his contract, and later tried to make Pogba sign a new contract, and we offered more money than Juve did, but Pogba didn't want to stay here. It didn't have much to do with us not wanting to extend Pogba's contract.
It's more after that, he refused to deal with. And he was clearly never his greatest fan.