Mino Raiola non-appreciation thread 2017-2018

Revan

Assumptionman
He's had bust ups with all of Barcelona, real Madrid and Liverpool.
And yet Barcelona signed Ibrahimovic, and now want to sign Pogba. Real was also interested on Pogba when we signed him. No idea about Liverpool, but the two Spanish clubs don't have a no-Raiola policy.

walkinhop

BananaIceman

What a sad state of affairs when a narcissist in the guise of an agent can hold a club like ours to ransom. Truly a disgrace.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
And yet Barcelona signed Ibrahimovic, and now want to sign Pogba. Real was also interested on Pogba when we signed him. No idea about Liverpool, but the two Spanish clubs don't have a no-Raiola policy.
Because he is part of a circus that makes everyone rich. He's a jerk but men like him make professional football what it is

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Yes, I checked that too. What I was said holds up, he doesn't have that many high-profile players and there are clubs that don't have, or have very young, players on his books. So, yes it is possible to be in football and not see the face of Mino.
Didn't mean to post it as a disagreement ;) In a market with tons of football agents, I would say it's not too bad though

Sparky Rhiwabon

We were happy enough when he was tossing over tables and getting Pogba and Mkhi to United so this seems a bit hypocritical

walkinhop

We were happy enough when he was tossing over tables and getting Pogba and Mkhi to United so this seems a bit hypocritical
Most people will hook up with a person who has a spouse/significant other but won't be happy if theirs cheats on them. All your agent are belong to us

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
He doesn't have that many high-profile clients
His top 7 clients by value are either at high profile clubs or are sought after by high profile clubs. Even outside of that he has a good mix of young talent and guys who used to be a big clubs. It's safe to say he has a lot of high profile clients compared to other agents.

AndyJ1985

He's a greedy scum bag. Also if Pogba had any respect for our club he'd tell his agent to shut the feck up.

tomaldinho1

What Scholes said was true although I've no problem with people reacting to criticism, wish Pogba had replied directly though just to spice it up...

On a wider note, the power of agents is obscene now and I hope Mino will be the peak of their power before the decline - clubs need to start actually remembering players are employees and essentially Raiola is a recruiter who 'placed' Pogba and is paid for his services. Something needs to be done to limit the power these guys have e.g. capping their fee or making club's immune from agent fees, therefore making players have to pay the high cuts from their own huge salaries

RoyH1

You're wrong about Madrid. While Barcelona is clearly cozying up to Raiola, Madrid, or more specifically Florentino Perez does not like doing business with him. It's been widely reported in several media but I'll give you this one link from the Barcelona paper Sport who would obviously not do anything to paint Perez in a good light.

https://www.sport-english.com/en/news/sign-pogba-perez-will-have-succumb-raiola-4815745

I think the biggest proof is in the pudding. Name a Raiola player that has played for Real with Perez as president? I cannot think of a single one.

walkinhop

His top 7 clients by value are either at high profile clubs or are sought after by high profile clubs. Even outside of that he has a good mix of young talent and guys who used to be a big clubs. It's safe to say he has a lot of high profile clients compared to other agents.
I didn't compare him to other agents. The initial point was whether there are top clubs without his clients or without top players that are his clients. The conclusion is that he doesn't have that many, in a context of clubs being able to be competitive without ever seeing or hearing him.

Context is important, you know.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Pogba and Raiola can leave for all I care.

Some may think Pogba only has a problem with Jose and not the club, but I think he just wants out of the club completely.

If not, surely you wouldn't allow your agent to act like this in the public domain.

Jagga7

He's so pathetic, he's like a child on social media. Fergie was right, just don't deal with him, regardless of which player he has.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Do people really think he would have written those tweets without asking Pogba first?
Yes.

Also, Pogba is extremely talented and I want him to stay, but he's miles away from being as good as Paul Scholes. Just thought I'd mention that because I love the ginger genius.

Ban

Somewhat agree with Raiola, Scholes really should keep it shut. He’s done nothing but snipe from the sidelines ever since he finished here, it’s not healthy for the club to have these old legends constantly sticking their oar in all the time.
But it's healthy for Raiola to stir shit around our club? Putting Pogba in the window constantly.

Pace Abuser

There were lots of murmurings of what a scum bag he is, which was hushed under the hype. This idea that everyone collectively supported Raiola's actions, is revisionism. It was overlooked and suppressed out of selfishness.

Revan

Assumptionman
But it's healthy for Raiola to stir shit around our club? Putting Pogba in the window constantly.
He doesn't put Pogba to transfers constantly. He ain't Pogba's God, neither his mum. If Pogba doesn't want to get sold, he can either tell that to Raiola (like Nedved who stayed at Juve for a long time) or fire him (like Lukaku).
I just hope no true United fan is taking that fat cnut side over Scholes.
There are no sides to be taken. Raiola is doing his job and is very good at it. I don't understand the anger towards him. Pogba seems to either want to leave or get a higher wage, and Raiola is doing his job to achieve it. Raiola cares only for his players (or better, the money he gets from them), he doesn't give a shit about the club. And rightly so, he is a businessman, not a fan.

Macca7

Just fecking sell Pogba. I'm absolutely sick of the shit-show he and his agent bring to our club. If he was Ronaldo/Messi level you could almost accept it, although still through gritted teeth. The fact is Pogba is nowhere near their level, and hasn't shown anything in his time here to suggest he ever will reach that level. He just does not justify this amount of controversy. I find it hard to believe Raiola tweeted this without Pogbas knowledge which is a disgrace. Scholes is a legend and Pogba isn't fit to lace his boots. To me it's clear as day Pogba wants out so I think it's time to oblige. POGBA OUT.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Fans being happy with an agent doing good things for their club and unhappy when he undermines it. What hypocrites!
There were lots of murmurings of what a scum bag he is, which was hushed under the hype. This idea that everyone collectively supported Raiola's actions, is revisionism. It was overlooked and suppressed out of selfishness.
Yes, fair enough. But this is just the way he does business - it is brash and he rubs people up the wrong way, but it works and he's one of the best in the business when it comes to maximising the earnings for his clients (and therefore himself) - which is his sole job, he's working for his players, not the clubs. And, in general, the best way to maximise player earnings these days is to keep them moving clubs

stu_1992

Wow this guy really is the least classy fecker out there isn't he? I've found it hard to comment here after the game Sunday, but I will to say this fella can do one. Imagine your agent having a go at club legends just because they had some criticism. Would love for Pogba to sack the fecker, but I don't see that as likely. Sir Alex was right that whole time he refused to deal with him. Brings nothing but trouble. I'm surprised (and concerned) that someone like Lukaku would have him as an agent.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout

G Nev also in the fray. I'm now hearing rumours Jose will be replaced this season by a Neville/Scholes Manager/DOF power duo! #CO92

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
What did Scholes say about Pogba anyway? feck Pogba if he’s allowing his agent to disrespect a club legend like that.

Canagel

So if we get rid of Pogba and Raiola we expect them to continue the shit stirring at Barca right? Why would a top club like Barca want that drama?

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
What does that have to do with the club ?
What doesn’t this have to do with the club? One of our star players’ agents is chatting shit about one of the most respected players we’ve ever had. Raiola and Pogba as things stand are making a mockery of United.

Roosney

Why is it such a big deal if some greedy agent is wilding out on Twitter? I agree Pogba should shut him up but I don't see how he's "holding us to ransom" or making us look like circus clowns. Chill the feck up.