Mino Raiola non-appreciation thread 2017-2018

99withaflake

The agent is merely protecting his player for unwarranted criticism, what's wrong with it? Why can't a top player like Scholes analyze our play and point out to Pogba's mistakes in the pitch or our poor technique and pathetic gameplay, I'm sure any footballer would be willing to take constructive criticisms in football from the legends of the game. It's when they come out with bog standard cliched punditry bullshit like leadership, passion etc that players and agents get pissed off.
Well considering Pogba was captain for the Brighton game I think saying he lacked leadership and passion is completely and utterly true. He admitted himself he didn’t have the right attitude. His head dropped, he gave the ball away a ridiculous amount and he looked like he couldn’t be arsed because things weren’t going his way.
Exactly. The viewpoints given by Scholes were completely fair. They were not “bog standard cliched punditry bullshit”

When we needed our World Cup winning, record transfer fee, star player #CaptainPog to dig us out of a whole against fecking Brighton, he went missing, let his head drop, gave the ball away 27 times, and admitted afterwards his attitude wasn’t great. He did anything but lead the team and it simply was not acceptable. There have been so many times when this has been the case during his time at Old Trafford.

If anything, Scholes probably held back, and if Pogba wants to make a success of his spell at the club, he should stop listening to his fat agent, pause for some self reflection and concentrate 100% of his effort on playing good football every week.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Because Raiola is neither a United legend, not a fan. He also doesn't work for United. He doesn't care for us. We are nothing to him, as he should be to us. He is protecting his player, trying to get the best possible deal, which is exactly his job. Anything less and he would be doing his job in a worse manner.

The same can be said for Scholes (he was doing his job as a pundit), but he has allegiances to United and some players didn't like one of our own to criticize one of our top players.

Getting angry at Raiola is like getting angry at whoever negotiated adidas deal so they'll pay us less if we don't qualify of UCL. These agents don't work for us, and we should neither expect anything good from them, nor be angry at them when they try to get the best deal for their client (and by extension, themselves).
Every footballer at our club has an agent. Most of whom have negotiated deals - at various times - that made their clients among the best paid footballers in the Premier League, if not the whole of Europe.

Ask yourself this. In the last 10-20 years, how many of these agents have gone public in an attack on a club legend and/or attempted to undermine the club hierarchy? The answer to that question might help you understand why the consent on here is that Raiola is a classless prick.

izec

we have turned into a complete joke and soap opera, on and off the field. Absolute shambles.

Revan

Assumptionman
Every footballer at our club has an agent. Most of whom have negotiated deals - at various times - that made their clients among the best paid footballers in the Premier League, if not the whole of Europe.

Ask yourself this. In the last 10-20 years, how many of these agents have gone public in an attack on a club legend and/or attempted to undermine the club hierarchy? The answer to that question might help you understand why the consent on here is that Raiola is a classless prick.
I doubt anyone (including Raiola himself) would disagree with it. Just that I find it funny people getting angry at some agent who doesn't work for us, doing things that don't favor us, but favors his client.

I think that Rooney's agent spouted some bullshit too. Anyway, the difference between Raiola and most of the other agents, is that he puts himself in 'fire' in order to protect his clients. Take for example Ronaldo's slavery comments. If his agent was Raiola instead of Gomez, probably Ronaldo wouldn't have said anything, while Raiola would have called us slavers, nazis and communists, to achieve the same goal, get Ronaldo at Madrid.

Personally, I find getting offended on what Raiola says same as getting offended on what Pep or Gerrard say for us. They aren't our friends, they are on the either side of the table.

Canagel

Exactly. The viewpoints given by Scholes were completely fair. They were not “bog standard cliched punditry bullshit”

When we needed our World Cup winning, record transfer fee, star player #CaptainPog to dig us out of a whole against fecking Brighton, he went missing, let his head drop, gave the ball away 27 times, and admitted afterwards his attitude wasn’t great. He did anything but lead the team and it simply was not acceptable. There have been so many times when this has been the case during his time at Old Trafford.

If anything, Scholes probably held back, and if Pogba wants to make a success of his spell at the club, he should stop listening to his fat agent, pause for some self reflection and concentrate 100% of his effort on playing good football every week.
Pogba shouldn't be digging us out of holes. He isn't going to dribble past 4/5 players and dink the keeper. Why are we relying on a midfielder? Which top club relies on a midfielder to score goals?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Pogba shouldn't be digging us out of holes. He isn't going to dribble past 4/5 players and dink the keeper. Why are we relying on a midfielder? Which top club relies on a midfielder to score goals?
Okay but at least no need to give the ball away 27 times. If anything He dug a bigger hole for us to fall into.

Member 5225

What does Raiola’s tweet even mean, the ‘would be sleepless nights to find him a new club’ - being sarcastic I’m guessing.

99withaflake

Digging us out of holes doesn’t mean scoring 3 goals. We have strikers for that. It does mean putting in a great performance, leading by example, winning his battles, not giving the ball away, and providing good service to our forward players. It means raising his game and providing a spark when we need it, not turning into Ruud van Nistelrooy, sorry if that’s how you interpreted it.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
So We finally know what does Mike Phelan do after all these years.
He's fighting against evil people in football. Good man Mike. :drool:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

G Nev also in the fray. I'm now hearing rumours Jose will be replaced this season by a Neville/Scholes Manager/DOF power duo! #CO92
What's your sauce?

Also I find this tendency for managers/players/now agents to whine about ex players criticising them really bizarre. I don't know if I was out of touch back then (may still be) but I don't recall this happening earlier. It seems as though everyone is sensitive as feck these days. Take it on the chin. Improve your peformances and move on. I mean, at the end of the day, Scholes, Neville etc are pundits by profession. It's their job to give their opinion on you. Calling out fabricated stories like Jose for earlier or SAF used to do is fine.

Dinghy

Don't think Raiola has said much wrong here. It's silly to lash into one player when the 13 other players on the day were performing equally as bad and worse. It is clear that something is not right with the whole group of players and the way they are managed.

Scholes reputation as a pundit will forever be tarnished by the fact that he never managed to say one bad word about Rooney's -consistently- shocking performances, that were going on for years.

Ban

Don't think Raiola has said much wrong here. It's silly to lash into one player when the 13 other players on the day were performing equally as bad and worse. It is clear that something is not right with the whole group of players and the way they are managed.

Scholes reputation as a pundit will forever be tarnished by the fact that he never managed to say one bad word about Rooney's -consistently- shocking performances, that were going on for years.
Raiola didn't say much wrong? Really?

Canagel

Digging us out of holes doesn’t mean scoring 3 goals. We have strikers for that. It does mean putting in a great performance, leading by example, winning his battles, not giving the ball away, and providing good service to our forward players. It means raising his game and providing a spark when we need it, not turning into Ruud van Nistelrooy, sorry if that’s how you interpreted it.
His shot was the closest effort on goal in the 2nd half. Other players had worse games but we single out one player. I don't agree with that.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We have a captain who is paying an agent who is outputting this nonsense.
I think Pogba has to take ownership of this situation. He's not a child anymore. He may not have sent out these bizarre tweets but he can reign Rioala in or leave him.

AlwaysRed66

It is nice to see all football fans elsewhere come together in support of Paul Scholes against this fat greedy parasite. If I was Pogba I would be utterly embarrassed to be associated with the arrogant pr*ck.

DownRiver

Anyone else take the statement by that Rollo shaped human as a dig at Manchester united as a football club? I mean that fact Paul should be the sporting director and how incompetent we are as a club anyway? He wouldn't have said that if there was a sporting director. No? He is making many hits in one tweet.

Revan

Assumptionman
The clear implication is that United need Pogba more than he needs us. Prick.
Yep. In all honesty, it is probably/likely true, and would continue being so until we start winning regularly big trophies again.

Dinghy

The clear implication is that United need Pogba more than he needs us. Prick.
At the moment this is not exactly wrong, though, is it? He just won the WC, and was one of the best players in the tournament. It wouldn't be that difficult to find a club that would want to have him in their midfield, and he's the only outfield player we have that would walk into any other team around.

Revan

Assumptionman
Anyone else take the statement by that Rollo shaped human as a dig at Manchester united as a football club? I mean that fact Paul should be the sporting director and how incompetent we are as a club anyway? He wouldn't have said that if there was a sporting director. No? He is making many hits in one tweet.
Personally I read it as 'If Scholes had power at United (which he doesn't), he would want get rid of Pogba, and Raiola would not have trouble getting Pogba a new club'. He just said it on a sarcastic level, and implicating that Pogba is so good that he'll easily get a new club, and that no-one at United (club, not fans) cares about what Scholes has to say.

tomaldinho1

If Pogba wants to be loved here, he can simply sack Raiola (buy himself out given he's a multi millionaire and can take the hit) and publically reject him. He'll find another club with ease if he wants out in the future and would instantly adored.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
If Pogba wants to be loved here, he can simply sack Raiola (buy himself out given he's a multi millionaire and can take the hit) and publically reject him. He'll find another club with ease if he wants out in the future and would instantly adored.
The problem is, as a player, Riola is one of the best agents you can have. For the simple reason that he does not put any club no matter how big above his own client (the player)

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Yep. In all honesty, it is probably/likely true, and would continue being so until we start winning regularly big trophies again.
Yeah it is probably true but even so, He signed the contract knowing well where the club was. He gets paid on a weekly basis to play football, not to insult the club. To perform as good as He can on the pitch is a part of his responsibilities.

99withaflake

His shot was the closest effort on goal in the 2nd half. Other players had worse games but we single out one player. I don't agree with that.
He gave the ball away 27 times and had an awful game, and you’re bringing up his 1 shot on goal as his defence? Hopefully he reflects on his performance differently to you.

Pogba is not being singled out. The whole team was awful and the whole team is being criticised. Check Twitter and other threads on this forum right now if you don’t believe me. Everyone is getting stick.

The reason he may be getting more attention is because he also mentioned after the game that his attitude wasn’t great, and then these comments were made from his agent. Only last week, he was telling the press he can’t say what he thinks because he will be fined.

He and his team are creating this fuss, both through media tactics and poor performances on the pitch.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
What i meant was, how is it the fault of the club here. the responsability falls on Pogba for allowing Raiola to disrespect the club.
The club's fault is pandering to an idiot who allows this circus to follow him but does not even back it up with performances on the pitch. People are seriously misguided if they think that getting rid of Mourinho is the silver bullet. We are fecked because we have a bunch of fannies who turn as soon as the going gets tough. We have morphed into Arsenal.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I think Pogba has to take ownership of this situation. He's not a child anymore. He may not have sent out these bizarre tweets but he can reign Rioala in or leave him.
This is my view. His silence speaks volumes. He should not even be in the team as things stand, let alone the captain. It's old school, but let's start with picking players who are hungry and care. Pogba is a waste of space.

TheGame

we have turned into a complete joke and soap opera, on and off the field. Absolute shambles.
This, we would be crapping ourselves laughing at anyone else in this situation. It shows a complete lack of leadership from anyone when stuff like this is happening. We need to sort ourselves out and pretty sharpish as this won't help us on the field.

tomaldinho1

The problem is, as a player, Riola is one of the best agents you can have. For the simple reason that he does not put any club no matter how big above his own client (the player)
Ironically, his interests supercede the client. If Pog/players in general saw this I think agents would be doomed. Raiola sees Pogba as a huge cash cow who he can probabaly move 2-3 times, each time netting a huge fee.

Case in point, if I was an agent advising my client purely for his interests - I'd have stayed away from United until there was some stability. Pog apparently had Barca and PSG on him, I'm sure I saw some rumours re RM as well, all of whom are are in a better position than us currently. I know Pogba has an affiliation with us but he's so young, it's not like this was his only opportunity and I'm sure the money would be great wherever he ended up. However, money talks to Raiola and he pushed United as high as possible and made the move happen.

prateik

Scholes is right. Neville is right. The whole "dont criticize anyone who plays for Manchester United" is nonsense. Pogba has been crap and he should get called out for it. If he cant take it, its his fecking problem.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Ironically, his interests supercede the client. If Pog/players in general saw this I think agents would be doomed. Raiola sees Pogba as a huge cash cow who he can probabaly move 2-3 times, each time netting a huge fee.

Case in point, if I was an agent advising my client purely for his interests - I'd have stayed away from United until there was some stability. Pog apparently had Barca and PSG on him, I'm sure I saw some rumours re RM as well, all of whom are are in a better position than us currently. I know Pogba has an affiliation with us but he's so young, it's not like this was his only opportunity and I'm sure the money would be great wherever he ended up. However, money talks to Raiola and he pushed United as high as possible and made the move happen.
The opposite is said of him from most of the players he represents. He doesn't tend to tell players to move, but if they want to move then he moves heaven and earth to make that happen (which is why clubs don't like him)

This has been said by multiple players.

As for Pogba being his cash cow, look every agent makes money from players, and so does every club by the way.

poleglass red

Raiola criticizing Scholes for criticizing Pogba's performance in Brighton game.I guess he didn't see Pogba's post game interview where he was critical of his own performance. Pogba should tell his agent to shut up, and show his commitment to the club. By the way Raiola said also in re to Scholes "Some people need to talk for fear of being forgotten". There's not a chance Paul Scholes will ever be forgotten by Utd fans. He did his talking on the pitch, something Pogba could do very well to try and replicate and drop the nonsense.

TheGame

Looks like Raiola is stirring to either get Mourinho sacked or to get Pogba to Barca if he stays. Lots of pundits make comments about players all the time. The timing of these responses when we clearly have problems is not a coincidence.