Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

Cevno

Anyone know if Luke Mccullough is still out on loan or back now ?

Cevno

Andreas Perreira scored another for Belgium in a 2-1 loss to Spain.

Joel Perreira was on the bench for Portugal in a 1-0 loss to England.

Cevno

Wonder which of the 2 he wants to represent as he is Swiss Born.

Btw, didn't we sign Sean Goss with him ? What happened to him ? Hasn't featured for the U18's for a while. Playing for the age group below ? Remember us paying a decent fee for him too reportedly.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
So Liverpool have poached Sam Hart from us. A U16 left back, according to RAWK anyway.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Sam Hart ‏@samhart96 11 Feb

Worst thing ever when your onesie shrinks in the wash #gutted

We did well to offload him :)

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Wonder which of the 2 he wants to represent as he is Swiss Born.

Btw, didn't we sign Sean Goss with him ? What happened to him ? Hasn't featured for the U18's for a while. Playing for the age group below ? Remember us paying a decent fee for him too reportedly.
We didn't sign Goss with Pereira....

Goss has been suffering from injury most of the season and unable to play. He is unlikely to feature before the term is out.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
According to an article in FourFourTwo, out of Europes top 5 leagues (PL, serie A, La liga, Ligue 1 and Bundesliga), we currently have produced the joint 4th most players from our Academy plying in the top flight, level with Rennes on 24, one ahead of Bayern Munich and also behind Lyon, Real madrid and Barcelona.

If you took the current top 3 teams from each of those leagues, only Barcelona and Lyon currently have more Academy players in their squad then us.

All this is confirmation that we currently have the best academy in England/Britain and one of the very best in Europe and thats something to be proud of.

Cevno

Goal.com Saying that both Us and Liverpool want to sign Patrick Roberts and we are willing to offer 1 million but Fulham don't want to sell him.

Btw, now that we are out of the Dallas cup, when are the U21's or the U18's playing next ?

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Read on twitter earlier (Well my friend text me the message from Twitter) saying that Roberts prefers a move to Liverpool apparently as he is a City fan? Again take it with a pinch of salt but it's there FWIW

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Not surprised we're after him. Tidiest played the u18s have come up against all season and born in 19-fecking-97.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Goal.com Saying that both Us and Liverpool want to sign Patrick Roberts and we are willing to offer 1 million but Fulham don't want to sell him.

Btw, now that we are out of the Dallas cup, when are the U21's or the U18's playing next ?
U18 have chelsea next weekend at carrington I think.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I've never seen Roberts play, but I've heard awesome stuff about him. Hope our interest in him is true. But if he really is a City fan, then I can't blame him for wanting to join Liverpool instead of us.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever

The schedule for each can be found on the official site and the stat threads! I already made a thread for the next U18 game.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Read on twitter earlier (Well my friend text me the message from Twitter) saying that Roberts prefers a move to Liverpool apparently as he is a City fan? Again take it with a pinch of salt but it's there FWIW
Don't know about him being a City fan but his family support Liverpool.

I also like watching Steven Gerrard too. My family are big Liverpool fans, so he’s the man as far as they’re concerned.
http://www.fulhamfc.com/kids-zone/through-the-ranks/patrick-roberts

Cevno

Was just checking their ages, and wondering but who all from the current U18 crop will be eligible for academy football next season ?

londonredmaniac

Looking forward to seeing Jackson, Rashford and Mitchell over the next few years. Ashley Fletcher and Josh Harrop as well.

londonredmaniac

Heard that...wonder if it's a police thing...After what happened at theirs it might be that it's been set for a Friday night?

lysglimt

Scout
It has probably to do with Liverpool playing Chelsea in the FA Youth Cup

Cevno

Might be due to the Pitch at OT and the Villa game after it too ?

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Lars Troensegaard, 15-year-old Danish right-back, is coming over for a trial next week. Our scouts spotted him during the Aegaen Cup in Turkey, where he featured for Denmark u16s earlier this year.

Cevno

We usually have a few players around for a trial during this period IIRC.

Since the academy team for next year is going to be almost completely different with many U16's moving up, can expect a few signings.

jb8521

Thats the second Danish defender to come on trial in the last few weeks after Jacob Rasmussen