Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Game would benefit from Hugill or McNeil. Too many times we've got into great positions with nobody willing to take the shot.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It's impressive that MUTV didn't manage to fix the sound issue for the whole match. It's ridiculously bad.

Sea-Cow

Hannibal but no Garnacho is interesting.
I just don't think we can trust Hannibal right now to not get sent off. He looked determined to get sent off in his brief appearance on Tuesday. I think he's a brilliant footballer but as has been discussed to death on here, he will need to mature quickly if he is to make it.

Sea-Cow

I just don't think we can trust Hannibal right now to not get sent off. He looked determined to get sent off in his brief appearance on Tuesday. I think he's a brilliant footballer but as has been discussed to death on here, he will need to mature quickly if he is to make it.
I just watched a comp of his touches against Arsenal tonight, and he is so good. He goes past players with such ease. Maybe I'm an idiot and we should play him anyway.

jeepers

Imagine if we had sent young Rooney to the reserves because of his petulance or poor temper. He also wasn’t the same player after he lost his fiery passion (and injuries).

bringbackbebe

Imagine if we had sent young Rooney to the reserves because of his petulance or poor temper. He also wasn’t the same player after he lost his fiery passion (and injuries).
I think with Hannibal, it has more to do with getting as much playing time as possible before the start of next season & for him to gauge the quality difference between where he's playing & the top league. I don't think it's a punishment by Rangnick.

jeepers

I think with Hannibal, it has more to do with getting as much playing time as possible before the start of next season & for him to gauge the quality difference between where he's playing & the top league. I don't think it's a punishment by Rangnick.
I am referring to some of the posters here saying that Hannibal is not composed enough to play the men’s game.

Btw I’m not saying nor implying that Hannibal is as good or as big a talent as young Rooney, nowhere near, but he is clearly talented enough and ready for first team football, apart from temperament and the possibility of loosing his head.

fitzmertz

Under 18s 3-0 up against Newcastl. Forson, Mather and Forson again with the goals, unfortunately I don’t have the team lineup.

lysglimt

Scout
I am referring to some of the posters here saying that Hannibal is not composed enough to play the men’s game.

Btw I’m not saying nor implying that Hannibal is as good or as big a talent as young Rooney, nowhere near, but he is clearly talented enough and ready for first team football, apart from temperament and the possibility of loosing his head.
Exactly this - Hannibal is good enough, but he can't be trusted not to get sent off. I can accept that in a player who is determined, wants to win tackles etc - like a Rooney, a Keane, a Gerrard - but when all those yellows come from retaliation or complaining to the referee - that's a problem. Because a) opponents know that 2-3 tackles on Hannibal and he will get at least a yellow - simply because he will retaliate or complain to the referee. and b) determined players wont lose focus after taking a yellow - it's just their style. Players like Hannibal who clearly are affected when they are tackled - will be very easy to provoke into losing focus and not doing their job.

So if I was Rangnick and wanted to try Hannibal - maybe tell him the following: if you get a yellow for doing stuff like this, we will sub you immediately - until you learn.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
Exactly this - Hannibal is good enough, but he can't be trusted not to get sent off. I can accept that in a player who is determined, wants to win tackles etc - like a Rooney, a Keane, a Gerrard - but when all those yellows come from retaliation or complaining to the referee - that's a problem. Because a) opponents know that 2-3 tackles on Hannibal and he will get at least a yellow - simply because he will retaliate or complain to the referee. and b) determined players wont lose focus after taking a yellow - it's just their style. Players like Hannibal who clearly are affected when they are tackled - will be very easy to provoke into losing focus and not doing their job.

So if I was Rangnick and wanted to try Hannibal - maybe tell him the following: if you get a yellow for doing stuff like this, we will sub you immediately - until you learn.
Most of Hannibal's complaints are 100% justified due to incompetent refereeing. With VAR and better referees who will actually card senior pros rather than allowing the youngsters to stay on the pitch for their development it will end some of these issues

Anustart89

Most of Hannibal's complaints are 100% justified due to incompetent refereeing. With VAR and better referees who will actually card senior pros rather than allowing the youngsters to stay on the pitch for their development it will end some of these issues
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd post more green smileys but I'd probably get an infraction for excessive emoting. I mean, if Dan James managed to get a bad reputation as a diver within one game of joining us, just think what the referees will think of the dark, foreign kid with the funny hair and bad attitude. He'll get yellow carded for breathing outside the centre circle.

Bigsid

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd post more green smileys but I'd probably get an infraction for excessive emoting. I mean, if Dan James managed to get a bad reputation as a diver within one game of joining us, just think what the referees will think of the dark, foreign kid with the funny hair and bad attitude. He'll get yellow carded for breathing outside the centre circle.
As he approaches his 20th birthday in the coming year be interesting to see how we integrate him into our first team squad. We paid a hell of a lot of money for him so the next 12 months will be crucial to aee if he can make the final step.

Cathy Ferguson

Yup. He was on a yellow at Anfield and threw an elbow at Robertson without making contact. So stupid.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I saw somewhere that the u18s are playing two games within 24 hours this week, is that right?

That's what's on United's official website. The fact that it hasn't changed up to now seems to indicate that our U-18s will have to play 2 games back to back.

SnoopShug

U18 youth cup final is our biggest priority right now. They also had a few injuries which kept them out a bit.

Mr. P.

Those times quoted by Mazher are wrong it’s 19.00 on Tuesday and 13 00 on Wednesday According to website but according to sky TV guide it’s 19.00 on both days. So who knows.

Last edited:

Classical Mechanic

Lacey getting some hype for his performance today in what was supposed to be a really strong team performance

The 2003 group was Bellingham, Musiala, Elliot, Delap, Dembele, Colwill & Patino. Italy should be a bigger test on Wednesday.

Last edited:

lysglimt

Scout
Oh don't be daft. Most skilled players accept being fouled once in a while - if this was something that started after Hannibal was fouled for the 9th time in the game - you would have a point. But he usually starts this after just a few fouls. And what do you consider justified ?
If he is fouled, and gets a freekick . wouldn't you say justice has been done ? Some of the tackles have been over the top, the huge majority of them are freekicks and nothing else. So why isnt it justified when he gets the freekick ? Hannibal cant expect a yellow or a red for every tackle against him.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
Theres been multiple tackles and off the ball incidents that were worthy of red cards. Hannibal has a right to protect himself. Everyone going on about how horrible and lucky he was to be not sent off against Liverpool and Whitwell in The Athletic has said he was sent on to give them a kicking. He's not seeing the red mist and going berserk out there. He's being kicked and retaliating. Good on him. He has some heart and pride. More to be said than the rsst of our lot.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

That's what's on United's official website. The fact that it hasn't changed up to now seems to indicate that our U-18s will have to play 2 games back to back.
MUTV have the Blackburn game on at 18:45, unless that's a replay which wouldn't make a whole lot of sense?
Lacey getting some hype for his performance today in what was supposed to be a really strong team performance

The 2003 group was Bellingham, Musiala, Elliot, Delap, Dembele, Colwill & Patino. Italy should be a bigger test on Wednesday.
Yeah, have heard a lot about Lacey for someone who isn't even an U18 yet, he's meant to be very good. Wonder if we'll see him make any appearances for the U18s next year? McAllister and Jackson both got minutes at 14 and 15.

Classical Mechanic

MUTV have the Blackburn game on at 18:45, unless that's a replay which wouldn't make a whole lot of sense?

Yeah, have heard a lot about Lacey for someone who isn't even an U18 yet, he's meant to be very good. Wonder if we'll see him make any appearances for the U18s next year? McAllister and Jackson both got minutes at 14 and 15.
United's Jayce Fitzgerald also played in the game. Darren Fletcher's son Jack was supposed to be really good in the game too (although he playes for City). It's hard to tell if they're as good as what people are claiming on Twitter after that game. Chile might have had a younger side or just not be very good. It will be interesting to see how they get on against Italy tomorrow.

SmashedHombre

U18S just about to kick off against Wolves. Unsurprisingly, an entirely new starting eleven to the one who played against Blackburn about 18 hours ago

SmashedHombre

What do Wolves feed their players? So many of these lads look like mini-Traores.

SmashedHombre

0-0 at halftime. Game unfolding much like you'd imagine. We've looked slightly better on the ball, more technically adept but also with too many moments of loose/sloppy play. Wolves looking to play on the counter and whip crosses into the box. Ennis has been busy, had a goal ruled off for offside that looked marginal. Curley has been tidy in the middle of the park. Jurado has been playing at CB and has probably been our best player. He's been silky and mopped up everything played along the floor. If he were taller he'd be an interesting CB prospect.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
2-2 in the 90th minute, McNeill, Berry with the assist.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian

There's a few at that level...Ibragimov, Fitzgerald...

SmashedHombre

Anyone else find they look forward to youth games more so than the first team these days? Always a good day when there is U18s/U23s match on MUTV.