Film Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part One | The Biggest Stunt in Cinema History

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Quite the spectacle, pacing was intense, set itself up for the final (?) movie well. Absolutely flew by.

Agree that 'Fallout' was a tad better, but once the second leg of 'Dead Reckoning' comes out, DR will be comfortably the best installment.
Yeah, some of the scenes really pulled you in.
Very enjoyable watch.
Not entirely sure who wrote the "I do not accept" line because it was so bad :lol:
Killed off Rebecca Ferguson as well :(

Eplel

Did Kitridge imply that White Widow is Max's daughter, or did I jump into conclusions there?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Well if they did mention it at all in the previous movie, it completely flew over my head.
The WW discussed it during her short speech in the VIP area of the huge party Cruise & Cavill parachuted into.

WW specifically mentioned that her mother & she loved paradoxes.

Zen

Kirby being Max's daughter is almost exclusively one of the few plot points I do remember from them all!

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Dumb, fun and disappointing. The set pieces here just didn't grab me here like they had in the previous 3, aside from the ending. The story was stale and felt a decade out of date, the villain just wasn't very compelling, and the handful of expositional scenes in the first half of the movie felt beneath the series. Did nobody stop to think how ridiculous it sounds when everybody keeps saying 'the Entity'?

The was also some godawful fight choreography during the Venice bridge scene that gave me PTSD from GoT season 5.

All that being said, I had a good time with it overall. Hayley Atwell is a great addition to the series and Cruise did Cruise stuff - he knocked the running scenes out of the park; some of the shots towards the end must've looked spectacular on IMAX. I was just hoping it'd continue the series on its upward trajectory and not drop down a step.

Hopefully Part Two gives the franchise the send-off it deserves.

7/10

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Going to see it tomorrow, can't fecking wait. I'm sure old Martin will disagree, but these movies are the only reason to go to a cinema.

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
Can’t wait to see it. I’ve read a lot of reviews in a lot of forums or pages like Facebook, IMDB or even this forum. I would say I couldn’t miss it.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Man, this was so much fun. I don’t think it’s quite as good as 6 (which I saw as a perfect action movie), but the weight of the action sequences, the way that every set-piece escalates three levels beyond how you think it will… it’s just a tonne of fun. Exactly what the cinema should be for, and an incredibly welcome antidote to the weightless CGI fests that tend to dominate these big-budget summer templates. Loved it.

Last edited:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Just went to see it. Action, pretty girls, lot of shots of Tom Cruise running 10/10.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Yeah, this Hayley person is extremely easy on the eyes.
Vanessa Kirby and Rebecca Ferguson aren't exactly hideous either. Pom Klementief is a little scary in this though.

It is a bit jarring that Tom Cruise is old enough to be their dad and they all seem quite interested either way.

RedDevilQuebecois

Vanessa Kirby and Rebecca Ferguson aren't exactly hideous either. Pom Klementief is a little scary in this though.

It is a bit jarring that Tom Cruise is old enough to be their dad and they all seem quite interested either way.
Yep. Brad Pitt is also in that category. :eek::nervous:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

Yep, Ferguson & Kirby are defo lookers themselves, I just don’t think I have ever heard of Hayley Atwell before.

stoinz

Dont mind the stunts but how is a 60 old man even able to run that fast and straight? Hats off to him, was a good movie. Most of his movies are. Crazy fecker and this may not even be his last MI franchise.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Dont mind the stunts but how is a 60 old man even able to run that fast and straight? Hats off to him, was a good movie. Most of his movies are. Crazy fecker and this may not even be his last MI franchise.
I used to think 60 was ancient, especially when you see how many people dressed and acted as recent as the 80s and 90s when they were that age. Now, as an early millennial I think 60 is still very much in the prime of someone's life. Sure little aches and pains get introduced etc but I am counting on being able to still somewhat easily keep up with my kids when I hit 60 myself (still a ways away tho).

stoinz

I used to think 60 was ancient, especially when you see how many people dressed and acted as recent as the 80s and 90s when they were that age. Now, as an early millennial I think 60 is still very much in the prime of someone's life. Sure little aches and pains get introduced etc but I am counting on being able to still somewhat easily keep up with my kids when I hit 60 myself (still a ways away tho).
Think you need to put in the work to get to that but it is possible. Combination of genes and lifestyle choices. I'm 46 and I barely squat or touch my toes.

Big Andy

Bloke
Going today at an early showing. Hoping it’ll be pretty empty and I’ll have the screening to myself. That’s the dream right there.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Did you go Andy? How was it?
I went to an early showing yesterday and the theater was less than a 1/4 full which was nice. No one on their phones, etc.

Big Andy

Bloke
Did you go Andy? How was it?
I went to an early showing yesterday and the theater was less than a 1/4 full which was nice. No one on their phones, etc.
Loved it. Had a full row to myself and about 10 other people in altogether.

The film is great, pure action. I think the fact you know the stunts are real elevates it further than if they were CGI

CloneMC16

Really enjoyed it. Loved the action and humour. The time went by fast.

Tom Cruise is fast for a 60 year old. Man is insane!

kps88

I enjoyed it but I really hope this trend of breaking movies up into two parts dies a quick death. I can maybe understand it if you're dealing with complicated source material, but there really is no reason for a Mission Impossible movie to be two parts.

Big Andy

Bloke
I wonder what the big stunt will be in Part 2? He’s got to go big as it might be the last MI film

Simbo

Bit too silly in parts for my liking, trailer gave impression of a more serious film. Still enjoyed it though, decent entertainment.

mav_9me

It is my firm belief that the fitness work you put in your 40s will pay dividends in 50s and 60s.

How old are you,, if you don't mind me asking? Cuz if you want to get fit at 60s, when you hit 60s, that's not happening. You can get better but not as good as you could have been.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Yeah so this wasn't great. A bit disappointed in that I'd loved the last few installments of the franchise for what they were, top action blockbusters, but this one felt a little bit off. The whole Venice section was a bit shit, and the antagonist was not great. I'm curious to see what they do with the second part, but I don't feel they've particularly set it up that well.

The fact they killed off Rebecca Ferguson's character, and the way they did it, was really shit too. She was one of the best things about the recent films, and she was really poorly handled in this one. Very shoddy writing.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Went to see it last night at a really old independent cinema nearby. There was probably 50 people in there. There was a midway interval in which an organ player pops up through the stage floor and someone sells ice cream treats by torch light. And I had a mug of tea in a proper mug. My son is a real cinema goer and it was his first time there. He loved it. It reminds me of being a kid and going to the cinema in the 79s&80s. Film was enjoyable too.

FriedClams

Only just watched this, I really hope they don’t make Grace be Tom’s daughter

FriedClams

Also, Luther knew a little too much about the entity, and they made a big deal of explaining why he had to be off screen for a while… I think he’s turned

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Also, Luther knew a little too much about the entity, and they made a big deal of explaining why he had to be off screen for a while… I think he’s turned
Nothing short of a miracle if the AI managed to get Ving Rhames to turn, it'd be like the time that ship was blocked in the Suez Canal.