Film Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part One | The Biggest Stunt in Cinema History

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Is he trying to die the most spectacular death on purpose? Must be his nightmare to die in his sleep or something

Sylar

The 1st one is still my favourite, it was like a proper spy film loads of double crossing and such really watchable to this day.

My friends and i talk about Tom Cruise and we can never come to someone who has made as many movies as he has with a similar hit rate there are only a few which I wouldn't watch again if i was scrolling through TV with nothing in particular to watch of a night and found a channel showing one of his films
The only TC movies I either disliked or forgot about straight away was the mummy movie and I hated the ending for war of the worlds. But for me, his hit rate in movies is a big big plus.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
So I randomly decided to watch all of these over the last few weeks. I think I’ve gradually gotten quite snobby about films and won’t watch anything throwaway/popcorny, but I’ve tried to just switch my mind off more and enjoy films like this.

The first is a classic. The second was hilariously bad. The third is carried by PSH. The fourth is decent and the fifth is pretty good. I’ve still got Fallout to watch.
Is it @Sweet Square that has a personal calling to rehabilitate this one?

Big Andy

Bloke
The only TC movies I either disliked or forgot about straight away was the mummy movie and I hated the ending for war of the worlds. But for me, his hit rate in movies is a big big plus.
Weirdo scientology freak yes, but you can't ever say he's not been in some of the biggest and best action films of all time, as far as career goes, he's got to be up there in terms of top level.

He is in no way, shape or form Jack Reacher though.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
The first movie is excellent. Since then I've liked the one with Hoffmann and the one with Cavill. The rest are middling or meh.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
So I randomly decided to watch all of these over the last few weeks. I think I’ve gradually gotten quite snobby about films and won’t watch anything throwaway/popcorny, but I’ve tried to just switch my mind off more and enjoy films like this.

The first is a classic. The second was hilariously bad. The third is carried by PSH. The fourth is decent and the fifth is pretty good. I’ve still got Fallout to watch.
Fallout was great, IMO. Let me know how you find it. Very much looking forward to DR.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Weirdo scientology freak yes, but you can't ever say he's not been in some of the biggest and best action films of all time, as far as career goes, he's got to be up there in terms of top level.

He is in no way, shape or form Jack Reacher though.
Yeah seems a bit of a an odd ball in his personal life but he sure does know how to act & entertain.

Sweet Square

VanDeBank

Ma’am
This thread title is an insult to Jackie Chan, his stunt team and Hong Kong cinema in general.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Looking forward to this one. This should be the movie that will get me to the theater for the 1st time this year.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Rewatching the series right now, just finished with #4. There is such an advancement in the series’ maturity (if that’s the right term) from two to three to four.

I was hoping a rewatch of 2 would have given it a boost like season 2 in The Wire got with me. It was even worse than I remembered.

Big Andy

Bloke
Rewatching the series right now, just finished with #4. There is such an advancement in the series’ maturity (if that’s the right term) from two to three to four.

I was hoping a rewatch of 2 would have given it a boost like season 2 in The Wire got with me. It was even worse than I remembered.
I watched 2 and 3 over the last couple of nights. The series gets much better as it goes on. I didn't even bother with the first one as I've seen it so many times, but 2 was an ok standard action film, that I've already mostly forgotten what happened. As the films get bigger and the cast gets settled, the stunts get bigger and better and really, that's what we all want to see.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I watched 2 and 3 over the last couple of nights. The series gets much better as it goes on. I didn't even bother with the first one as I've seen it so many times, but 2 was an ok standard action film, that I've already mostly forgotten what happened. As the films get bigger and the cast gets settled, the stunts get bigger and better and really, that's what we all want to see.
Not what @Sweet Square wants to see. He wants to see doves flying across the screen.

ChrisNelson

My most anticipated film of the year so far, on what will be my 33rd visit, so it has some decent company.

I've re-watched the series over the last few days and as @Big Andy says they just get better as they go along.

I think the fact that the finale is set over two films is both good and bad - good that we get another film after this one, but bad because I want to see them both now!

Would never normally go to the cinema on a Monday because work is just too draining at the start of the week! But this was booked for opening night very early on!

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Writer / Director McQuarrie has stated that 8 'isn't the end of the franchise.'

Read into that what you will.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
How dare you call this "standard" !!

Bertie Wooster

I don't watch films as often as I should really - just tend to mostly opt for TV shows ahead of films when I watch that kind of stuff for some reason.

But every so often I see there's a run of all the films from certain franchises on each night and I watch them all. Done that recently with the likes of Bourne, Rocky, Indiana Jones, Mission Impossible, etc.

I generally prefer Thriller's rather than action films. I just find all the car chases, gun fights (where the hero regularly runs passed people firing machine guns and never gets hit) very samey. And watching all the films one after another in each franchise often has that same, formulaic feel as well.

Though having read this thread, and the Indiana Jones one about the new film, I agree with the general consensus about the best / worst in each series - MI 1, 4 and 5 were better than 2 and 3 (haven't got to number 6 yet). While Indiana Jones 1 and 3 were much better than 2 and 4.