Film Mission: Impossible - Fallout

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
But additionally, can a film like this be made without death-defying stunts, and if more films like this were made where the star isn't as skilled/lucky as Tom, are we going to edge nearer fatalities on set for either the star or his/her stand-in?

Cruise being willing and able to do all the crazy stuff he does knits the dialogue with the action and tension and gives the whole thing the authenticity you simply cannot generate via CGI. He really does go over and above for this series and we, as the audience, should be acutely aware of that.
Then again, as @Mockney has pointed out, the guy's a superhuman cosmic prince, so it's surely easy for him.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
But additionally, can a film like this be made without death-defying stunts, and if more films like this were made where the star isn't as skilled/lucky as Tom, are we going to edge nearer fatalities on set for either the star or his/her stand-in?

Cruise being willing and able to do all the crazy stuff he does knits the dialogue with the action and tension and gives the whole thing the authenticity you simply cannot generate via CGI. He really does go over and above for this series and we, as the audience, should be acutely aware of that.
I think there are a lot of factors involved in making the action sequences/the movie as good as they were/it was. Like you say the fact that he did the stunts himself does play a part. But that can probably be replicated pretty easily. What was of far greater importance, for me, was just how well thought out, directed and put together the action sequences were. Each of them had a level of ingenuity and strayed away from the generic. Even the bathroom fight scene, which was hardly some huge death defying feat, felt brutally real and was a cracking bit of entertainment.

And obviously every action movie star doesnt command the audiences attention and warmth the way Cruise does.

Sylar

Seriously enjoyed it. It had everything you would want in a MI movie. The fact that he then has a running scene for the sake of running towards something, so that he can... run just topped it for me.
For me, I couldnt even tell it was nearly 2 and a half hours. It was just so much fun

What i really enjoyed is that it never seems so easy for Ethan when hes doing shit. Like in the bathroom, he was pretty much getting the crap kicked out of him.
When he was in the copter, despite how batshit crazy it was, he was struggling and pretty much nearly everything he tried failed.