Mohammed Kudus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
This lad is playing for Ghana at the moment and he is class. Plays as CF or AM(C/R). There are some typical links to us in the rags such as here (MEN), The Mirror, Talksport and Football365 etc. I have no doubt there will be more links in the coming days. Also seeing a lot of reports of Liverpool and Arsenal scouting him.

Ajax signed him 16 July 2020, for €9 million, on a five-year contract.

TournamentAppsMinsGoalsAssistsYelRedSpGPS%AerialsWonMotMRating
FIFA World Cup Ghana21602-1-272.7--7.71
Champions League5(1)452421-1.385.71-7.34
Eredivisie5(9)5045---1.885.40.2-6.81

Bojan Djordjic

I think he's quality but I would say that I'm not sure if Ten Hag fancied him much. He got very limited starting time for a player of his quality and Davy Klaasen was getting into that midfield ahead of him.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I think he's quality but I would say that I'm not sure if Ten Hag fancied him much. He got very limited starting time for a player of his quality and Davy Klaasen was getting into that midfield ahead of him.
I’m sure I read that ETH specifically wanted to sign him. There’s a high probability that he needed time to develop last season too.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s pure class and is going right to the top. If he played for a more fashionable footballing nation there would be a lot more fuss. Great technical ability, low centre of gravity, top finishing, strength and acceleration. Uses the ball very sensibly in all phases of play, and is a top player even when nowhere near the opponents goal (and of course, in front if the opponents goal too).

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Surely we can't fit him and Bruno in the same team if he's an attacking midfielder?

OmarUnited4ever

I like him a lot, and he'll probably go to a big club either in summer23 or summer24

footballbite

He was good again.

He's also been very good with his back to goal as well, both strong holding defenders off and also very good at turning them - could surely play as a false 9. He seems as if he can comfortably play all of AM/RW/CF if necessary, which is handy.

The fact that he's mostly left-footed and thus prefers the right side if you wanted to use him on the wing, as opposed to most players like Gakpo who favour Utd's already stacked left flank, is also a bonus.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Looks massively talented on the ball but also looks like he needs to work on the defensive side of his game if he’s to reach his full potential. Looks like he gets shifted around positionally to accommodate for his lack of work rate.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Good article in the Athletic about him. Supposedly Everton bound this summer until we signed Antony, and seems to have taken a giant leap forward since. Looks tailor made for the PL too

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Him and Sulemana are from FC Nordsjaelland are they not? Need to steal their African scout.

mav_9me

Feel like the team he would benefit the most is Liverpool

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Why not us ? we can actually take one more attacker in the team.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
My mate who's an Ajax fan doesn't like him. Says he's talented but doesn't think he's got the right character for the top level. This sort of thing I think was what he was talking about :lol:

PSV

He'd maybe be a squad player for us, nothing more.

Not worth getting fleeced by Ajax over.

Lux Thunder

Him and Sulemana are from FC Nordsjaelland are they not? Need to steal their African scout.

Fun fact, both Kudus and Sulemana went to Nordsjaelland through the Right to Dream Academy founded by former Manchester United's head scout in Africa, Tom Vernon.

Nordsjaelland has a partnership with that academy, and their stadium is also named after them, so it's common to see plenty of talented players from Africa (mostly Ghana) having their first taste of professional football there.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
He'd maybe be a squad player for us, nothing more.

Not worth getting fleeced by Ajax over.
Yeah, rakes of competition for that centre forward spot. Luckily Martial is as dependable as they come injury wise too ! ;)

I'm only messing I've seen him play like four times.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Fun fact, both Kudus and Sulemana went to Nordsjaelland through the Right to Dream Academy founded by former Manchester United's head scout in Africa, Tom Vernon.

Nordsjaelland has a partnership with that academy, and their stadium is also named after them, so it's common to see plenty of talented players from Africa (mostly Ghana) having their first taste of professional football there.
Oh that is interesting! I thought it might have been some sort of partnership with a team, but makes more sense an academy.

Bring Tom home then!

Ekeke

Certainly a dangerous AM. No chance Ajax will be willing to sell us a player without asking for 200% their value at this point though

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
My mate who's an Ajax fan doesn't like him. Says he's talented but doesn't think he's got the right character for the top level. This sort of thing I think was what he was talking about :lol:

:lol: Sounds like a loon

Lux Thunder

Oh that is interesting! I thought it might have been some sort of partnership with a team, but makes more sense an academy.

Bring Tom home then!
Yes, it's an academy based in Ghana I think, but they are also going to Europe to compete in youth tournaments.

Partnership with Nordsjaelland started in 2016., and the last I read about Tom is that he is about to buy a lower-league club in England to bring talents from the academy to the UK.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I wouldn't be surprised if a team such as Villa or the likes tries an audacious bid. He was open to joining us in the summer and probably would have if the Antony deal didn't happen.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Yes, it's an academy based in Ghana I think, but they are also going to Europe to compete in youth tournaments.

Partnership with Nordsjaelland started in 2016., and the last I read about Tom is that he is about to buy a lower-league club in England to bring talents from the academy to the UK.
That's really interesting, thanks for that. If it goes ahead, I'll definitely keep my eye out for that team.

Lux Thunder

That's really interesting, thanks for that. If it goes ahead, I'll definitely keep my eye out for that team.
You're welcome ! It wouldn't be bad to keep an eye on that club or even create some sort of partnership in which our players would go there on loan and in exchange we will have a first-buy option on their talents.

apotheosis

O'Fortuna
You're welcome ! It wouldn't be bad to keep an eye on that club or even create some sort of partnership in which our players would go there on loan and in exchange we will have a first-buy option on their talents.
Didnt we previously have some manner of feeder club setup goin on in Africa, back from when we signed Quinton?
It was a while ago admittedly, but your suggestion just got me thinkin about what became of it.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I wouldn't be surprised if a team such as Villa or the likes tries an audacious bid. He was open to joining us in the summer and probably would have if the Antony deal didn't happen.
Everton were offering about 20m if ai remember correctly and I believe it was said Ajax wanted significantly more than that. His value will be very high now, he’s had an excellent start to the season, scored goals in the Champions League too.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He was injured for about 12 months if I am not mistaken. The fact that he's now playing as he is after the long lay off says a lot.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Everton were offering about 20m if ai remember correctly and I believe it was said Ajax wanted significantly more than that. His value will be very high now, he’s had an excellent start to the season, scored goals in the Champions League too.
It was actually a loan with option to buy. They didn't want to let him go with other attacking options/lots of other players leaving in the same summer.

Lux Thunder

Didnt we previously have some manner of feeder club setup goin on in Africa, back from when we signed Quinton?
It was a while ago admittedly, but your suggestion just got me thinkin about what became of it.
I have no idea, TBH, but I think Quinton was already playing in Europe before he moved to United. :confused:

TsuWave

Thank god you got in there early before he was starring for his country at a huge international tournament and playing weekly for one of the most famous clubs in europe
:lol:

LuckyScout78

I liked your reports better when they were on obscure players, lately you've been a copule of days behind when everyone else called them

Yeah, those players in world cup is clear to see. Theirs qualities. Even my grandma could recommendate those players. So no need to hurry. Like United scouting team are behind everyone.

Like Ramos hat trick scoring. Do you need a scout licence. D license as head coach or Top DOF to see the shining of Ramos?

Status
Not open for further replies.