Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

c gull

Supports
Brighton
Word has it they were interested in Brandon Williams at the start of the window.

£40mil
+ Brandon Williams (Permanent)
+ James Garner (12 month loan w/obligation to buy for £25mil after 25 starts)

Good fee for a player who has played about 18 PL games, get the left back replacement they wanted and a replacement in midfield who they get for a good price if he is good enough for them regularly.

Everyone wins.
So you expect us to take 40m cash plus 2 players who can not get in a side bottom of the premier

Somewhat deluded. Bloom will just laugh at you unless the offer is £100m+.
Player may put in transfer request but he still wont go.

Ekeke

There are people that claim that players need to be premier league proven... other times people complain that players arent signed on the cheap from different leagues before they prove themself in the premier league (and their value rises... a lot) :lol:
Depends on the money obviously. I think you're delusional if you think they are the same people and that they would have complained about signing a 5 million euro midfielder because he doesnt have premier league experience

But if Caicedo was signed for 20 million+ euros and hadnt been playing in a top league then there would rightly be question marks over it

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I would be open to understanding how Brighton beating us to a signing should not reflect poorly on the people running this club to the ground.
They didn't beat us. United and Milan walked away because there were multiple agencies involved claiming to represent him. Shady circumstances and fear of shady demands. Brighton dealt with those (at least some) agencies before, so weren't put off by it

Ted Lasso

They didn't beat us. United and Milan walked away because there were multiple agencies involved claiming to represent him. Shady circumstances and fear of shady demands. Brighton dealt with those (at least some) agencies before, so weren't put off by it
I was aware of that. You have a very forgiving perspective on this. I see it as continued incompetence for a club like Manchester United to not know how to deal with a ever so slightly complex scenario.

It's telling how simple and naive this bunch of negotiators are. There will always be an excuse for their inability to close deals without paying extraordinary sums let alone finding the right player.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Sign their scouts too

Would save us money in the longterm
Our scouts identified him as well. I would more likely be Dan ashworth we would have liked to signed, but he's gone to Newcastle.

Bojan Djordjic

It's easy to say we should have done this or that in hindsight. Look at Pellistri. Signing a young lad from South America isn't a sure fire success. Perhaps, just perhaps, going to a good football club where he plays and that has a good manager and structure has been crucial to his development, and if he had come here initially it wouldn't have worked out so cleanly for him.
There was no pre-hype about Pellestri before we bought him. People were saying Caicedo was the best Ecuadorean talent in a generation when we were being linked to him. Think United opted out of pursuing him because there was confusion over who represented him rather than the fee being too high.

Ekeke

So you expect us to take 40m cash plus 2 players who can not get in a side bottom of the premier

Somewhat deluded. Bloom will just laugh at you unless the offer is £100m+.
Player may put in transfer request but he still wont go.
Now thats a deluded post. We're 2 games into the season and finished 13 points ahead of you last season.

For £100 million you'd sell 3 starting players

Ekeke

Because we will ignore their suggestions anyway.
Surely signing them after they have come up with a bargain would mean you would value their intel until it proves they cant replicate this. If we had no intention of listening to them and trying to find another bargain we wouldnt be signing them

wolvored

There was no pre-hype about Pellestri before we bought him. People were saying Caicedo was the best Ecuadorean talent in a generation when we were being linked to him. Think United opted out of pursuing him because there was confusion over who represented him rather than the fee being too high.
Didnt Forlan recommend Pellestri?

Abraxas

And Amad was rated as one of the best young talents in Europe at the time we bought him. At least by our scouts. At the moment we have no idea which way his career is going.

Point is, it's hard to read too much into early assessments of extremely young, inexperienced players that have yet to play at a good level.

Yes, now it would look a bit silly buying him for 10 times as much. But every club in Europe would probably wish they picked him up at 4 million, it's not just us.

jesperjaap

We have to keep an eye on their progress, Enzo, and another one Kone, who we were also linked with earlier.

These two could have potential break through seasons. Tapping them up early is key
Disagree, we should have made moves for them this summer instead o fwaiting for them to be 50m players after a season or two and over spending

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
This would be such a better signing than Casemiro.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I think if we can get him for the SMS fee (40-50m), we'll sign him. If not, we'll turn to SMS.

Jericholyte2

I’d kill for a midfield duo of him and Casemiro. Master teaching the student and all that…

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
they're not even remotely the same type of player
I know that naturally SMS is more advanced but just working off the idea that SMS has played in a flat 3 under Sarri which would make him familiar to an 8. Caceido himself is pretty much an 8 from what I've seen in?

FPL addict

Supports
Leeds Utd
Now thats a deluded post. We're 2 games into the season and finished 13 points ahead of you last season.

Brighton certainly wouldn't. Leicester might as they have financial worries but as it stands Brighton are in a far more sustainable long term financial position than Man Utd are.

I would also think Caicedo would be far more likely to get European football with Brighton than with Man Utd next season.....

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Why? because he’s younger?
Casemiro has a lot of potential downside. Don't get me wrong, if he comes and performs at his level then I'd be delighted but how many times has that happened recently?

TheReligion

Abusive
Casemiro has a lot of potential downside. Don't get me wrong, if he comes and performs at his level then I'd be delighted but how many times has that happened recently?
Because it makes more sense in terms of where we are at with our rebuild and he won't take the piss on wages.
So what’s the downside of Casemiro then? His age? The wages?

Genuinely curious as he’s by far the better player

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

I'd love both.

The risk with Casemiro I guess, would be that he's used to operating in a team that drops deep without the ball and that makes his life as a DM easier. I think Ten Hag will expose him to a lot more space and he'll need to cover smartly and be "the man" to clean up and press. Think he'll be fine with the remit though.

TheReligion

Abusive
Age, motivation, wages.
Age - he’s 30 and as evidenced with Fernandinho, Gilberto Silva, Busquets, Senna, Gattuso, Xabi Alonso (there’s loads more) his role actually gets better with age. You could argue he’s easily in his prime.

Wages - Rumoured 300k per week. By comparison Kante is on 290k, Busquets £350k. It’s pretty much the going rate

Motivation - Anyones guess but as it stands it’s just a guess

tomaldinho1

Motivation - you have to ask why he'd be open to an EL club whose pull seems to solely be high wages + a long contract. He's won everything at a club he loves, in an awesome city and I doubt his wife is pushing for Manchester...

Ability wise and wages, no issues to be honest just feel it's a weird move for him, not us.

TheReligion

Abusive
Age - he’s 30 and as evidenced with Fernandinho, Gilberto Silva, Busquets, Senna, Gattuso, Xabi Alonso (there’s loads more) his role actually gets better with age. You could argue he’s easily in his prime.

Wages - Rumoured 300k per week. By comparison Kante is on 290k, Busquets £350k. It’s pretty much the going rate

Motivation - Anyones guess but as it stands it’s just a guess
Fee, wages, age, drive.

c gull

Supports
Brighton
I think even if he has a stellar season the most he goes for from Brighton is £60m. With that in mind I think anything north of £40m would at least be considered. Throw in Garner on loan so that they’re not left with a hole late in the window (and would be an incredible move for us and Garner) and maybe for a few extra million we could get this done.

I’d rather sign someone like this with fantastic attributes and potential than just sign someone for their name in a desperate effort to placate fans and the media.

You dont know our owner Tony Bloom then.

He will be wasted at United. Hes to good

No we wont. We buy players cheap, looking at their potential profit, develope them then sell. With Caicedo we dont need ro sell, we dont want to sell, thats why unless the offer is £100+ then dont bother. This late in the window is a sellers market.

Long gone are the days big club can think little old Brighton, we just poach there good players for peanuts, City P L Champions found this out with Cucu.

His price is only going to go up if he continues his form. That will leave you behind because all the top clubs will be in for him. £50m if his form dips and has a bad world cup. Remember he is Bissoumas replacement, and looking to be a better all round player than him. Spud got Bissouma cheap £30m because he was out of contract, surley your recruitment team must have looked at him, if not that could be proof that United are on the decline. Dont use the excuse about his arrest, we did not drop him and Spuds and Villa were not put off.

GledTheRed

You dont know our owner Tony Bloom then.

He will be wasted at United. Hes to good

No we wont. We buy players cheap, looking at their potential profit, develope them then sell. With Caicedo we dont need ro sell, we dont want to sell, thats why unless the offer is £100+ then dont bother. This late in the window is a sellers market.

Long gone are the days big club can think little old Brighton, we just poach there good players for peanuts, City P L Champions found this out with Cucu.

His price is only going to go up if he continues his form. That will leave you behind because all the top clubs will be in for him. £50m if his form dips and has a bad world cup. Remember he is Bissoumas replacement, and looking to be a better all round player than him. Spud got Bissouma cheap £30m because he was out of contract, surley your recruitment team must have looked at him, if not that could be proof that United are on the decline. Dont use the excuse about his arrest, we did not drop him and Spuds and Villa were not put off.

100 million quid or don't bother? What you smoking?

You sold your player of the season for just over an initial 50 million pound fee and he played slightly more than the ten games or so Caicedo has.

You're Brighton, not fecking Real Madrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.